Who here actually supports Western Suburbs in the KOE NSW Cup?

Tigerlander

Is it justifiable to support a different NSW Cup team than the Magpies if you're a Tigers supporter? Newtown's looking pretty hot.

All genuine Wests Tigers supporters surely support all the affiliated feeder teams in the lower grades - especially the KOE reggies as many of them are either currently in the NRL top 30 or on the cusp of making the top grade!

I enjoy an afternoon at Henson Park to watch the bluebags - but they now affiliate with the highest bidder and have been the feeder team to Roosters and now Sharks - so are hard to like!

Is it justifiable to support a different NSW Cup team than the Magpies if you're a Tigers supporter? Newtown's looking pretty hot.
Probably not but if you live in the area then hard not to. I’m not sure how many hard core supporters go to Lidcombe oval on a regular basis ? And of course once you didn’t have to make those decisions because there was 3 games every game day for your team. Firsts, Seconds and Thirds so you supported the club as a whole, not fragmented like today.
Newtowns resurgence is kinda interesting cuz they have really gone “back to the future”. It’s become a very localised, and family oriented, with very solid crowds adopting a local team, at the local oval, just the way it was for all clubs in the old days. You got out and supported your local team. It’s the very opposite to today where supporters live all over the place but come together for a common goal.

You either support our club or you don't.
Don’t disagree with you, in principle, but surely the time has come for ALL teams to be called Wests Tigers, that is at least the very starting point.
Perpetuating Magpies, Balmain etc etc is ridiculous and it’s either “one team, one dream” or none at all.
But let’s say our friend lives in Newtown and likes the fact that Henson Park is nearby, where he can go and have an enjoyable day watching the local team, isn’t that ok as well ?
I’ve been a Tigers supporter forever, but I know people who live in Newtown who love to go to the local footy, and I would as well. That doesn’t make me any the less of a Tigers supporter, it’s just a question of locality.
If I lived in the Lidcombe area Id think the same, as far as attending.
But in my heart, and wherever I am( I now live in Melbourne) I’m always first and foremost a Tigers supporter.

I was a Balmain Tigers supporter all my life but decided when the merger took place that I will become a Wests Tigers and ONLY a Wests Tigers supporter !
I believed that being the only way that the new team would thrive with all fans 100% dedicated WT fans .As long as some fans are same as me but other fans are half and half being still dedicated to the original club from the last CENTURY .Then the net result is a weaker club .
I dumped Balmain and have never been a Western Suburbs Magpies supporter why should I be ?
My interest in our Ressies is to see up and coming NRL stars coming thru but we seem to produce very little .

I was a Balmain Tigers supporter all my life but decided when the merger took place that I will become a Wests Tigers and ONLY a Wests Tigers supporter !
I believed that being the only way that the new team would thrive with all fans 100% dedicated WT fans .As long as some fans are same as me but other fans are half and half being still dedicated to the original club from the last CENTURY .Then the net result is a weaker club .
I dumped Balmain and have never been a Western Suburbs Magpies supporter why should I be ?
My interest in our Ressies is to see up and coming NRL stars coming thru but we seem to produce very little .
Agree, Magpies are flying a different flag which makes it difficult to support them in any way.
I often hear that Wests Tigers have signed a new player, only to find that we won’t see him play at Wests Tigers.
It would certainly make brand development much easier and with greater impact if Wests Tigers had a KOE team. Gosh it may even help with player retention?

Just make it wests tigers and be done with it . Put a giant magpie on the sleeve , have them play in predominantly magpies jerseys with a light orange/ gold stripe somewhere to appease the magpies diehards who most don’t realise they’ve supported wests tigers way longer than they ver did the magpies , and just be done with it .
If your loyalty is to a symbol of an animal , rather than what the club is representing , then none of the above will help you .
And that’s both the tiger and the magpie.
Just rip the Band-Aid off and be done with it . Same with the home grounds . Knock down Cambo, build something the community can get behind , have the COE at concord in tiger town to appease corporate sponsors/ players / staff etc , build the junior COE at cambo , and play 9 games there . 2 big ones like manly/ south’s at the 8th wonder , and the 1 Tamworth .
Seriously it’s not rocket science .
Actually you don’t even need to book big matches at Leichhardt . Because it’s such a community event there , of which the whole lower north shore/ Balmain area gets behind , you could play against the somoan third grade team and the locals will get out to it . It’s become as much of a festival as it has a sports contest .

Even labelling all the Campbelltown junior teams wests tigers and calling the Balmain district team Wests tigers Balmain . Or some variation that doesn’t use the word Balmain to remove the word Balmain , forgetting it’s a suburb municipality and not a football team .

Even labelling all the Campbelltown junior teams wests tigers and calling the Balmain district team Wests tigers Balmain . Or some variation that doesn’t use the word Balmain to remove the word Balmain , forgetting it’s a suburb municipality and not a football team .
Too tricky, everybody Wests Tigers ( you can decide if you’re Inner west or outer west).
As I wrote once before imo even the licensed clubs should be consistent. Wests Tigers Ashfield, Wests Tigers Balmain ( if it’s ever rebuilt), Wests Tigers,Campbelltown etc.
Emblem should be Tigers head and Maggie, that’s as much reference to the past as we need.

The club is fragmented and the fan base is also likely to have some fragmentation .
The following titles surround the club
Balmain ,Western Suburbs ,Tigers ,Magpies ,Leichardt ,Ashfield ,Campbelltown ,Lidcombe
A basic rule of marketing is maximise brand recognition thru one name !
Difficult to say what we represent ?

Don’t disagree with you, in principle, but surely the time has come for ALL teams to be called Wests Tigers, that is at least the very starting point.
Perpetuating Magpies, Balmain etc etc is ridiculous and it’s either “one team, one dream” or none at all.
But let’s say our friend lives in Newtown and likes the fact that Henson Park is nearby, where he can go and have an enjoyable day watching the local team, isn’t that ok as well ?
I’ve been a Tigers supporter forever, but I know people who live in Newtown who love to go to the local footy, and I would as well. That doesn’t make me any the less of a Tigers supporter, it’s just a question of locality.
If I lived in the Lidcombe area Id think the same, as far as attending.
But in my heart, and wherever I am( I now live in Melbourne) I’m always first and foremost a Tigers supporter.
yeah there's nothing wrong with going along to watch a local footy side. and clapping when they score while you have a beer on the hill.
it's the emotional connection and passionate barracking that's a deal breaker.

Back