WestsLife podcast

Finished it. Hard to argue with the one that was crying. He raised some very valid points. Pascoe's resume of stupidity in 7 years is pretty telling.

My suggesting would be less tears, more beers.

7/10.

I was comparing to other podcasts where they might bash the coach and players a bit but go softly softly on the administration.
Lol I’m the opposite , I’m a bit precious about our junior players , probably to a fault I concede .
I’ve said multiple times that whilst he’s horrendous for the football department , there’s has to be some credence given to Pascoe for the gains he’s made off the field .
Still that job is done now , and the club is now a viable entity .
So we have to turn to the on field performance. His job is done off the field , the CFO and business managers can do the job now .
The football department is a joke . And we need someone now who knows football to run the club .
Because at the end of the day the club exists to win football games .

Lol I’m the opposite , I’m a bit precious about our junior players , probably to a fault I concede .
I’ve said multiple times that whilst he’s horrendous for the football department , there’s has to be some credence given to Pascoe for the gains he’s made off the field .
Still that job is done now , and the club is now a viable entity .
So we have to turn to the on field performance. His job is done off the field , the CFO and business managers can do the job now .
The football department is a joke . And we need someone now who knows football to run the club .
Because at the end of the day the club exists to win football games .
Until I see some more of that money being spent on blokes who can move the needle on the park, I don’t even believe it exists. The NRL gives us $13 million to spend on players and we waste it. His financial management is in my opinion a myth.

Until I see some more of that money being spent on blokes who can move the needle on the park, I don’t even believe it exists. The NRL gives us $13 million to spend on players and we waste it. His financial management is in my opinion a myth.
??? What are you talking about ? The money that goes towards the team cap , has nothing to do with whether the whole business is viable.
The club would allocate the 9.9m to the cap, and basically the rest of the money including revenue goes towards the rest of the business .
For years we could barely stay afloat without leagues club grants .
As far as I know the club is profitable without the grants .
But like you said that has nothing to do with on field performance and really , he achieved that milestone 3 years ago so it’s not relevant anymore . It should be now a given

Reactions: BZN
??? What are you talking about ? The money that goes towards the team cap , has nothing to do with whether the whole business is viable.
The club would allocate the 9.9m to the cap, and basically the rest of the money including revenue goes towards the rest of the business .
For years we could barely stay afloat without leagues club grants .
As far as I know the club is profitable without the grants .
But like you said that has nothing to do with on field performance and really , he achieved that milestone 3 years ago so it’s not relevant anymore . It should be now a given
Agree to disagree. The $10 million we spend on players is the most critical spending in the joint. Winning creates viability! Obviously the club thinks otherwise and here we are.

While I think there was some legitimate points he made, the pomposity in which he went about making them really left a sour taste. His dismissiveness of “fans“ was poor form. A nice way to alienate what is probably a large portion of your supporter base.

While I think there was some legitimate points he made, the pomposity in which he went about making them really left a sour taste. His dismissiveness of “fans“ was poor form. A nice way to alienate what is probably a large portion of your supporter base.
He’s going to need to do some hours outside his corporate suite after that one.

Great podcast in my opinion, Bechara is the best contributor for mine
They are respectful of the players and the coaching staff but still call it as they see it, less wrist slitting and blaming than some others
Our administration though do cop plenty but that seems fair enough, Pascoe has presided over a fair clown show and Lee has boofed himself repeatedly when he seeks the limelight
I’ll keep listening

I don't agree with that - how hard would it have been to decline politely without the accompanying digs?
I don't for one minute think it's worthwhile him (or Pascoe or whoever else from the upper management) to go on, but there's ways of going about it.

Have you heard the way he's spoken about on that Podcast?
How exactly would you respond in that position....

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of any party, I can't believe they even bothered to put on that fascade to
extend the invite.

I appreciate Rob, But he's been carrying a very public voodoo doll for Pascoe since the whole Farah thing.
I do find it a little hypocritical when he's been calling for Pascoes' head because he backed both Coach's (Ivan - Taylor) over the Players for however long
- And now he's calling for Pascoes' head for Backing the Players over the Coach.

He's 0 to 110 - Off or on, There is nothing in between..

Have you heard the way he's spoken about on that Podcast?
How exactly would you respond in that position....

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of any party, I can't believe they even bothered to put on that fascade to
extend the invite.

I appreciate Rob, But he's been carrying a very public voodoo doll for Pascoe since the whole Farah thing.
I do find it a little hypocritical when he's been calling for Pascoes' head because he backed both Coach's (Ivan - Taylor) over the Players for however long
- And now he's calling for Pascoes' head for Backing the Players over the Coach.

He's 0 to 110 - Off or on, There is nothing in between..
They’re just fans having their say. Same thing goes on in pubs and workplaces every week. The Chairman of the so called professional Club should be spending his time with Tim and Justin, and plotting a course back to rugby league relevance. That will shut us up!

They’re just fans having their say. Same thing goes on in pubs and workplaces every week. The Chairman of the so called professional Club should be spending his time with Tim and Justin, and plotting a course back to rugby league relevance. That will shut us up!

Doubtful....

Back