Isaiah Papali’i #265

He was not dog shit at the Warriors at all. But keep telling yourself that.
Yep, made the kiwis squad when still at the Warriors. Regressed after an outstanding breakout year before building back up again. But that is the typical trajectory of most talented players. Not sure why the need for some to rewrite history.
I see the positives in releasing a player that has never wanted to be here but hard to be excited about another talented player walking out. Nor does it inspire confidence in Benji or the direction of the club.

Yep, made the kiwis squad when still at the Warriors. Regressed after an outstanding breakout year before building back up again. But that is the typical trajectory of most talented players. Not sure why the need for some to rewrite history.
I see the positives in releasing a player that has never wanted to be here but hard to be excited about another talented player walking out. Nor does it inspire confidence in Benji or the direction of the club.
Again, I don’t how he could be judged as the complete product when was only 20. Went to Parra and exploded.

It’s just hard following this franchise every year where done by round 8 I really hope things are different this time with Richardson but imagine if this doesn’t work how hard it’s going to be to accept

Imagine if Jerome struggles as our halfback and all our jrs don’t turn out to be what we are hoping they will be

I have faith in Richardson and benji but just imagine for a second that this doesn’t work it will be so depressing I loose interest in rugby league around this time every year cause tigers are done I really really hope next year is different
Olam, Luai and Turuva have all signed on in six months since Richo came aboard. We were always going to need to lose a few. Keep faith mate.

Funny idea.

Imagine if we told Benji to coach NZ national side for a year or two and made Brad Arthur coach?

Would Papalii stay?
Would we get the best output from him?

Geez there are some Muppets on here. While IP definitely didn't set the ground on fire with his performances, for anyone to say he didn't put in the effort is just wrong. You don't make 40 tackles a game if you're not putting in.
He's just not the player we need, if he were going to stay he would be joining our middles rotation.
We need a line breaking second rower with power and a bit of speed, someone who breaks tackles.
In the end we weren't getting good value out of him and told him he was free to leave. He didn't quit, we pushed him out. 750k for him is way overs, he's not a game changing player. Is he in the top 6-7 second rowers in comp? No. He's above average bit over his career he's just solid. The fact the Panthers ending up paying ice almost as much as they were prepared to pay Fifita says a lot about their desperation.

Suggestions we should just let Ice go now are absurd. Just sheer stupidity. We currently have 4 back rowers in our top 30 and development players. This includes Tumeth who can barely get on the bench in cup. Bateman is having his worse season in the NRL ever, he's been appalling, much worse than Ice. We desperately want to get rid of him, hence Richo traveling to the UK. Naden, toa and Bateman I'd all release immediately if there were takers, ice at least works hard and can contribute. Unless we have a mid season back rower joining us immediately,we simply don't have a roster that can cover for his loss.

Now we just need to offload Bateman and we can get a decent second row next season

Last edited:
Rumours going around the traps that Stefano is unhappy with the direction of the club and wants out. Don’t really know the facts just passing in info from the social medias.
He is unhappy with the direction of the club! How does he think we all feel? He’s only been in the joint a couple of years.

On a serious note, who could blame him. We have been terrible the whole time he has been here and there is much uncertainty about the next couple of years. He is coming into the prime of his career and will have plenty of interest. Even through he is a bit up and down, he’d be hard to replace.

Do he doesn't, not in comparison to Papali'i

You must be watching another game or something. He isn’t half the player of Papa in the middle let alone on the edge. If he was defending on the edge we would leak points - Seyfarth gets found out defensively all the time the 2nd speed or lateral movement is near him. His hitups are powderpuff as well. Seyfarth also doesn’t have the motor of Papa either.

I get people aren’t a fan of Papa but saying Seyfarth is better is a joke.

Again, I don’t how he could be judged as the complete product when was only 20. Went to Parra and exploded.
Agree to disagree champ, I just remember watching for for years at the Warriors and he hugely underperformed, he is an average player who needs to be surrounded by superstars to excel. Sadly he was not the sort of player that the Tigers should have pursued, he is far from elite.

Reactions: BZN
Olam, Luai and Turuva have all signed on in six months since Richo came aboard. We were always going to need to lose a few. Keep faith mate.
Yes, good point. Positions we desperately needed strengthening. We just need to be careful not to overspend on backs at the expense of weakening the pack? That’s $2.3m.

Papali manager. -It’s a few months until ice hits the open market and I want to discuss an extension
We’ll start at 750 and ratchet up on a 4 year deal
Richo - you’re gotta be joking he hasn’t even earned his first year salary and if that’s what he wants he can f right off now

Sounded funnier in my head

The club mist a perfect opportunity to set a standard and say you’re here until the end of contract

Nah,

It's the right decision. Papalii hasn't performed.

Yes, if he was performing then it would be a stupid decision. Instead we see half an effort from him. I don't think that is going to change and he has the wrong attitude.

Great player, but he won't ever get out of second gear for us.

Api is the only player at the club consistently performing … and even he might be declining this season... Ice is no different to Klemmer or Bateman in my opinion… and they for now escape criticism because they are still here ..

Ice was one of the half dozen or so first grade standard players at the club … the club is now weaker than what it was last week…

Things aren’t looking any better for next year … it’s going to take more than Luai and Turiva to move this team off the bottom …Benji is in big trouble ..

Agree to disagree champ, I just remember watching for for years at the Warriors and he hugely underperformed, he is an average player who needs to be surrounded by superstars to excel. Sadly he was not the sort of player that the Tigers should have pursued, he is far from elite.
You aren’t a fan. I’ll have to make a note of that.

Geez there are some Muppets on here. While IP definitely didn't set the ground on fire with his performances, for anyone to say he didn't put in the effort is just wrong. You don't make 40 tackles a game if you're not putting in.
He's just not the player we need, if he were going to stay he would be joining our middles rotation.
We need a line breaking second rower with power and a bit of speed, someone who breaks tackles.
In the end we weren't getting good value out of him and told him he was free to leave. He didn't quit, we pushed him out. 750k for him is way overs, he's not a game changing player. Is he in the top 6-7 second rowers in comp? No. He's above average bit over his career he's just solid. The fact the Panthers ending up paying ice almost as much as they were prepared to pay Fifita says a lot about their desperation.

Suggestions we should just keep Ice go now are absurd. Just sheer stupidity. We currently have 4 back rowers in our top 30 and development players. This includes Tumeth who can barely get on the bench in cup. Bateman is having his worse season in the NRL ever, he's been appalling, much worse than Ice. We desperately want to get rid of him, hence Richo traveling to the UK. Naden, toa and Bateman I'd all release immediately if there were takers, ice at least works hard and can contribute

Now we just need to offload Bateman and we can get a decent second row next season

Offloading the players is the easy part … at this present moment they are weaker next season …

$750k is overs for sure …he must be on a contract that goes up every year …he was on $600k his first year .,

I ask who is coming into the Top 17 team to replace IP from inside this squad ? We see our benchies Seyfarth and Twal …not much there… they will be extending AJ soon and promoting him to the starting side if Richo doesn’t dig up someone soon,,,

Back