Western Suburbs Magpies - Proposed Lidcombe Oval Long Term Lease

Not necessarily, we could retain our pathways/junior focus in MacArthur but utilise Lidcombe and LO as more appropriate grounds from a marketing perspective ( coz they are the 2 spiritual homes of Wests and Balmain respectively).
Hey, I’m just spitballing here Glen and looking at another option that’s basically been ignored.
Wasn’t a shot or anything like that at you mate. Just thinking it may backfire to an extent. Although I do admit it would be interesting to see us play home games at Lidcombe.

Wasn’t a shot or anything like that at you mate. Just thinking it may backfire to an extent. Although I do admit it would be interesting to see us play home games at Lidcombe.
I realise that mate, but maybe we could just play a trial there to gauge interest ? I reckon the pubs in Lidcombe would love it.
Could even get “Thirsty” Masters to organise bus tours to the various pubs en route to the ground.

St george are listed as dragons
just can't work out why we are wests tigers and not tigers on the official nrl ladder if onpy mascots being referenced.

A point of difference for our unique club.

A few years ago football friends were often just referring to our club to me as Balmain.......didn't even bother correcting them.

It's finally fixed now.

Sorted.

A point of difference for our unique club.

A few years ago football friends were often just referring to our club to me as Balmain.......didn't even bother correcting them.

It's finally fixed now.

Sorted.
this is from an official website ladder, why is it the case though

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
I realise that mate, but maybe we could just play a trial there to gauge interest ? I reckon the pubs in Lidcombe would love it.
Could even get “Thirsty” Masters to organise bus tours to the various pubs en route to the ground.
I suppose you could play the odd game there.

As a kid there was this great big NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED sign at entry.

Blokes would be carting the cartons in on their shoulders lol.

Our club is different .

Otherwise you'll get people thinking they're just Balmain.
No you wouldn't.

For the longest time I used to make sure I only referred to our club as Wests Tigers. Eventually I realised that was a really immature way of looking at things.

We are Wests Tigers, we are Wests and we are the Tigers. People should refer to the club using any of those options that make them feel connected to the club.

No you wouldn't.

For the longest time I used to make sure I only referred to our club as Wests Tigers. Eventually I realised that was a really immature way of looking at things.

We are Wests Tigers, we are Wests and we are the Tigers. People should refer to the club using any of those options that make them feel connected to the club.

Agree,

I'm like this.

But had a primary school buddy doggies supporter who like me knew RL history and remember in the late 70s intrigued like me looking at books etc, he like me knew football quite well often around 2010 saying

Balmain going pretty good huh.

Gus,

other media.

Seems to have finally evened out.

Agree,

I'm like this.

But had a primary school buddy doggies supporter who like me knew RL history and remember in the late 70s intrigued like me looking at books etc, he like me knew football quite well often around 2010 saying

Balmain going pretty good huh.

Gus,

other media.

Seems to have finally evened out.
He probably knew it was getting under your skin. I honestly can't remember the last time someone called them Balmain in front of me.

He probably knew it was getting under your skin. I honestly can't remember the last time someone called them Balmain in front of me.
It used to occasionally happen.

It was a media problem mostly on nine.

Combined wirh black & gold people just referring to the tigers wearing black & gold and you don't really have a new club.

They're re more careful now. Haven't heard such for years.

Had to be drummed in unfortunately.

Last edited:
Have to admit I’m confused by this. Haven’t the Magpies been calling for the use of the MacArthur region? If they stay at Lidcombe I don’t see how that achieves it.

No confusion.

Sydney belongs to us.

Oh, except for the northern beaches and Sutherland shire.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BZN
I think they are trying to do what newtown are doing at Henson Park in protecting/upholding their history.
The trouble is that Lidcombe played only a small part in Wests history and wests moved to Campbelltown almost 40 years ago.
There's so much this club needs to work out in regards to branding and future representation. Richardson will need more than 6 months to unravel the mess we've become.

I think they are trying to do what newtown are doing at Henson Park in protecting/upholding their history.
The trouble is that Lidcombe played only a small part in Wests history and wests moved to Campbelltown almost 40 years ago.
There's so much this club needs to work out in regards to branding and future representation. Richardson will need more than 6 months to unravel the mess we've become.
He probably will need more than 6 months, but I think all of us would be fine with him staying on. But also didn’t the Magpies move back to Lidcombe after 2020? That’s where I'm a bit confused as well.

Back