Album covers

Ink, that used to be the Sundowner Hotel and was one of the Hotels that Millers Brewery had in Sydney, I think that was before the Millers Brewery was bought out by, I think Tooheys.

There was another Millers Hotel in Fairfield and I'm not sure how many others there were scattered around Sydney up until the 1970's when they started to disappear.
I used to go to the Millers at Bexley North around 1969 and then we switched to the Millers Brighton. Much bigger pub, much better bands, same old Millers beer. Pure crap.

One of the really sad ones was seeing Stevie Wright in one of his many comebacks in the early 90's at the Villawood Hotel.

The Mrs and I sat on a table at the back of a really dingy room, there were no more than about 10 people there including us. Very sad.

Ink, that used to be the Sundowner Hotel and was one of the Hotels that Millers Brewery had in Sydney, I think that was before the Millers Brewery was bought out by, I think Tooheys.

There was another Millers Hotel in Fairfield and I'm not sure how many others there were scattered around Sydney up until the 1970's when they started to disappear.
Interesting,

I believe Carlton & United owned the Amber Lounge at the bottom on Westfield Burwood when it opened around 2001 and it was a fine cool place.

I think the idea was if it took off they were to open then all over the place but even though the bar seemed a success the concept wasn't continued sadly.

One of the really sad ones was seeing Stevie Wright in one of his many comebacks in the early 90's at the Villawood Hotel.

The Mrs and I sat on a table at the back of a really dingy room, there were no more than about 10 people there including us. Very sad.
He really did a number on himself with the drugs didn't he. Amazing that he even lived through that.

Interesting,

I believe Carlton & United owned the Amber Lounge at the bottom on Westfield Burwood when it opened around 2001 and it was a fine cool place.

I think the idea was if it took off they were to open then all over the place but even though the bar seemed a success the concept wasn't continued sadly.

I remember it well lmao. Where taste of
Shanghai & Starbucks are located now.
They used to let us drink under-age there

Back