Aidan Sezer #279

That is such a poor outcome if true. If Sezer is the best Fulton can do his stay at WTs may be short.
I wonder if he promised us that he could deliver some of the manly kids if the tigers employed him , well he’s been here what 4-8 weeks and all we have heard is the faniu brothers won’t be coming here and not one other signing , better cut him lose before he destroy what’s left of our club

I wonder if he promised us that he could deliver some of the manly kids if the tigers employed him , well he’s been here what 4-8 weeks and all we have heard is the faniu brothers won’t be coming here and not one other signing , better cut him lose before he destroy what’s left of our club
This is the kind of change we need in the club. He's been here 4-8 weeks, McDonnell was here for 23 years

Sezer has the basic skills required at 7, not inspiring in any way, but a step forward if true. Everyone else said no, we have to get a 7, so there it is.
We always look at the negative. For what it's worth, he is a definite upgrade on what we have right now and contracted for next year in a position we are desperate for. If we signed DCE or Cleary tomorrow people would complain we paid overs and we could have spent that money on signing a couple of quality centres and wingers

I have no problems with adding Sezer and this gets sorted ASAP.
He has a good kicking game, long kicking game, Played with Bateman so he knows what his like, Played in GF and has experience. We are in NO position to be choosy and a perfect fill for 1-2 years.
Sorry but cannot watch Wakeham and Smith again next year as this is a waste considering out forwards we have.
Our luck we will miss Sezer now as another club will come in and poach him as a Back up to the back up..

We always look at the negative. For what it's worth, he is a definite upgrade on what we have right now and contracted for next year in a position we are desperate for. If we signed DCE or Cleary tomorrow people would complain we paid overs and we could have spent that money on signing a couple of quality centres and wingers

I try to look on the positive, but really it is a massive failure.

Adam Reynolds went to Brisbane for 800k per season I believe. Had we had some hindsight we could have brought him here and that's the kind of player you want as a halfback.

Naturally the whole Hastings saga + Brooks saga... No plan, no results.

I would offer Jerome Hugues 1.3m. I know it's big money and I know that it's massive overs. But we get someone first grade quality at Halfback.

Sheens has been developing for "fast footy" again but none of our players have the pace behind them. Picking Sezer, it means we have put our hand up for the kind of player 15/17 clubs would not want.

Now Sezer offers a bit, he has a good kicking game. I reckon he can defend ok... No idea how he will infulence our defensive structure. He is halfway between Halfback and 5/8 and I kinda view him to be very similar to Wakeham.

Ofcourse we probably would not get Jerome Hugues... But we should have done better. Sam Walker is on the outer at Easts, Luke Keary was looking to being punted there... I said pick him up and everyone said "no too concussed"... IMHO hasn't been doing bad lately.

We should have planned. We know when Brooks was here we needed a HALFBACK!

I don't blame 1 bloke....
Never have.

Interestingly,
Everyone banging on about Sezer forgets how dominant Hodgson was in Sezers Raiders Tenure....

Either way, It's reportedly for 1 year, I can wear that....
There's nothing else atm.
He won't change my opinion of him.
Your point about Hodgson only supports Sezar. He'll have Api next season at 9. If he played as well as he did with Hodgson, using this logic, Api should make him quality.

I haven’t seen him play since he left but for me he had that arrogant hard edged confidence that a half needs.

Brooks’ biggest issue has and always will be is he’s not confident and can’t LEAD.

Sezer and Austin for that matter lead Canberra well because they have that confidence, back themselves, can command and aren’t afraid to take the line on. We’ve never had a half like this. I’m not saying he’s definitely the answer but he is by far a better candidate than what we have.

He’s the kind of guy that will put a rocket up guys when not performing. It’s a yes from me. He will be better than Hastings.

He's obviously sand bagging.

Sheens and his loyal entourage are not making him feel welcome.
I hope the Board actually have Fulton's back a bit. Sheens is sandbagging, as you say. Sheens, were not winning and our culture needs to change.

What are you blokes all gonna do when he can't drag a crap team into the top 4 despite having 200+ games of top flight experience...

I would just be happy to avoid the spoon next year and win more than 7 games

Sezer obviously has to have some talent. Played in Raiders GF narrow loss to Roosters. Would have lifted the trophy with Saint Helens last year but failed concussion test prior to the game.
I think it was Bateman who put him out of the game while trying to take off his head?

Having a FG standard HB (which Sezer has been) might help us sign a young five-eighth
But it's usually the opposite problem we have.
Too many 5/8 style players. Doueihi, Marshall, Reynolds, etc.
At the moment we have:
Daine Laurie
Tommy Talau (who actually was a 5/8)

You shake the tree, you can get 5/8 style players. You can't get organisational Halfbacks.

Back