Which team will get the 18th Franchise

I’ve been calling for the Suva Spears for a long time.

Like how do you stop a spear? Seriously?

I am anti expansion.
Too many teams... It's right as it is now acty one less wod be perfect
We are seeing excellent footy half the time and the rest of the games aren't bad
Diluting the quality with more. Teams and more players required won't be good for rhe product and the game imo will suffer for several seasons
There isn’t enough depth for the teams we have now. There barely is for 16 teams. It’s going to be even more lopsided at 18.

I am anti expansion.
Too many teams... It's right as it is now acty one less wod be perfect
We are seeing excellent footy half the time and the rest of the games aren't bad
Diluting the quality with more. Teams and more players required won't be good for rhe product and the game imo will suffer for several seasons
I don’t really buy the talent dilution theory. If we have a couple of new teams, sure there may be a season or 2 where you could argue that, but surely the NRL would focus on cap management to spread the talent ?

Perth Pirates.

It evens out the teams (ie. fewer byes), makes us truly a national game, the time difference works well for TV and fans, great new stadium already built, cashed up city and heaps of corporate dollars, it's a no-brainer.

Also, I think the Pirates is a killer name for a NRL team. Make it happen V'landys.

Perth Pirates.

It evens out the teams (ie. fewer byes), makes us truly a national game, the time difference works well for TV and fans, great new stadium already built, cashed up city and heaps of corporate dollars, it's a no-brainer.

Also, I think the Pirates is a killer name for a NRL team. Make it happen V'landys.
That’s what the Titans were going to originally be called.

Candidates .2nd Melbourne team , PNG , Another Brisbane team , a Pacifica team based out of either Christchurch, Wellington ,Hamilton or Cairns , Central Coast , Perth .
My vote would be Central Coast 500,000 pop all love League
What if 2 get a licence but total comp is still 18 teams !
As Melb. Storm played their 1st game in 1998 and have been very successful, why hasn't the NRL/ARL been able to generate enough interested players and fans to get a 2nd team in Vict.
The Sydney Swans also started in 1998, and now the GWS Giants are going well in the AFL.
Looks to me there is something lacking in the promotion of our great game of NRL., apart from NSW and Qld.

Fair point but people in remote areas can get behind the club without physically travelling to the games. And the stadium will still be a sell out every match that's played there, 100% guaranteed. You can't say the same for Perth, Wellington, North Sydney, Central/Sunshine Coast.
Can the remote areas get Fox or Kayo.
Walking the Kokoda Track or its equivalent to watch footy could get very tiring.

Honestly, I could deal with a PNG Tigers.

It would work and our team has had a bit of a connection.

WA Tigers, Nah. If the NRL gets that bad I am changing sports.
W.A. Tigers definitely no.
But if there is ever an NRL team there, I feel they would need to adopt similar colors to the W.A. AFL team which are the predominant colors of W.A., just as GWS Giants have adopted Wests Tigers colors.
Wearing W.A. colors could garner some support from the locals to follow NRL, with an Us V Them attitude.
So, Imo that rules out the Bears/Newtown etc.

A footy team in Papua New Guinea would be
a sure fire way to counter Chinese influence
in the region lmao. Absurd. Give the license to
Western Australia and name them the bears
Do you think it will be the people of PNG putting the pressure on the PNG Govt. that will get an NRL team there, or will it be the PNG Govt. suddenly getting brown paper bags full of $$$ from the Chines that will stop any NRL team representing them?

Back