UFC & MMA Discussion

It’s all about gas tank. Guy (Ryan) would be way too anaerobic to last five rounds
Jesus, the whole discussion started with the premise about 5 rounds. You do realise that ADCC which Ryan is open champion of is no rounds and between 10m to 30min time limit? Ryan v Pena lasted 44minutes!

Whilst it is 5 rounds, Ryan will not fight UFC or MMA, because it specifically excludes high level grapplers. It takes time to set up submissions against elite fighters. The gas tank is a big part of the reason why BJJ elite would win without timed rounds. BJJ elite (and the top Sambo guys for that matter) are experts at forcing an opponent into positions where their opponent is struggling and they could rest.

5 Rounds suits strikers not BJJ elite. BJJ elite can last longer aerobically than strikers.

Last edited:
Jesus, the whole discussion started with the premise about 5 rounds. You do realise that ADCC which Ryan is open champion of is no rounds and between 10m to 30min time limit? Ryan v Pena lasted 44minutes!

Whilst it is 5 rounds, Ryan will not fight UFC or MMA, because it specifically excludes high level grapplers. It takes time to set up submissions against elite fighters. The gas tank is a big part of the reason why BJJ elite would win without timed rounds. BJJ elite (and the top Sambo guys for that matter) are experts at forcing an opponent into positions where their opponent is struggling and they could rest.

5 Rounds suits strikers not BJJ elite. BJJ elite can last longer aerobically than strikers.
5 rounders were intended to suit all, but it definitely does suit that for entertainment value more so than real competition. HOWEVER, Sambo is not like the other two. I guarantee Khabib would be unlimited compared to the other bloke (in the cage), think altitude/BJJ and grappling training all wrapped into one.

Without the sheer added weight advantage - which we know means less in the cage than on the street, the only way for him to win is as you said, untimed rounds… didn’t mean to instigate as I’d thought I was responding to another poster!

Last edited:
5 rounders were intended to suit all, but it definitely does suit that for entertainment value more so than real competition. HOWEVER, Sambo is not like the other two. I guarantee Khabib would be unlimited compared to the other bloke (in the cage), think altitude/BJJ and grappling training all wrapped into one.

Without the sheer added weight advantage - which we know means less in the cage than on the street, the only way for him to win is as you said, untimed rounds… didn’t mean to instigate as I’d thought I was responding to another poster!
Under current UFC rules, Khabib probably beats Ryan. In a grappling match, no contest Ryan wins. In an unlinited time MMA fight, probably Ryan wins but Khabib may be the better striker and may catch him.

Without the sheer added weight advantage - which we know means less in the cage than on the street,
This part here.....is total bullshit.

I hear this all the time and it is such bullshit. "On the street" is code for untrained tough guy. The reality is pretty much anyone with a year or so of BJJ, boxing, kickboxing, mauy thai will win "on the street"

A blue belt BJJ will beat ANY untrained fighter on the street, hell most white belts will.

If you are talking about trained martial artists? You know what the answer is? They wont fight on the streets because they dont have to.

This part here.....is total bullshit.

I hear this all the time and it is such bullshit. "On the street" is code for untrained tough guy. The reality is pretty much anyone with a year or so of BJJ, boxing, kickboxing, mauy thai will win "on the street"

A blue belt BJJ will beat ANY untrained fighter on the street, hell most white belts will.

If you are talking about trained martial artists? You know what the answer is? They wont fight on the streets because they dont have to.
They also genuinely may kill their opponent… in an unmatched street fight (either no rules/unlimited rounds - as you said) it’s willpower and I guarantee you Khabib is not ‘most white belts’, no idea why you’d bring that up and also Gordon unless he’s a blue belt?

I’ve dropped my mate in sparring rounds via body shots and you’re saying because a bloke (with over 20KG on my weight) would wrestle if he had me grounded, ALL people in my category would lose? Guarantee you the guy who’s fitter and more willing/experienced wins it.

Your response mainly dribbled and I see nothing factual disproving the above besides the obvious any well trained combat sport or martial artist beats the average punter and I’m also yet to see where that was questioned...

Last edited:
They also genuinely may kill their opponent… in an unmatched street fight (either no rules/unlimited rounds - as *you* said) it’s willpower and I guarantee you Khabib is not ‘most white belts’, no idea why you’d bring that up and also unless Gordon unless he’s a blue belt?

Im not talking about Khabib or Ryan, Im talking street fights. Khabib and Ryan arent fighting in the streets.
I’ve dropped my mate in sparring rounds via body shots and you’re saying because a bloke (with over 20KG on my weight) would wrestle if he had me grounded, ALL people in my category would lose? Guarantee you the guy who’s fitter and more willing/experienced wins it.
No, if it gets to the ground, the more skilled grappler, the BJJ guy will win, end of story. You cant "will" your way through a fight on the ground against a skilled BJJ guy.

Im not talking about Khabib or Ryan, Im talking street fights. Khabib and Ryan arent fighting in the streets.

No, if it gets to the ground, the more skilled grappler, the BJJ guy will win, end of story. You cant "will" your way through a fight on the ground against a skilled BJJ guy.
1000007037.jpg

Khabib is always ready
Anywhere, any time.

They also genuinely may kill their opponent… in an unmatched street fight (either no rules/unlimited rounds - as you said) it’s willpower and I guarantee you Khabib is not ‘most white belts’, no idea why you’d bring that up and also unless Gordon unless he’s a blue belt?

Your response mainly dribbled and I see nothing factual disproving the above besides the obvious any well trained combat sport or martial artist beats the average punter and I’m also yet to see where that was questioned...

I’m sorry dude. I did dangle you as bait and got you sucked into a ridiculous conversation. My bad my mans. It was all in fun. you can see how he came back 24 hours later to quote the same quote he already answered that it’s funny to do but I didn’t consider innocent bystanders. My suggestion if you want to keep braincells is just say “ 100%, the dude in the poster on your wall would kill everyone alive, UFC sucks and BJJ is the only true martial art”

Try it, it works.

Geez you get worked up about insignificant crap.

Members online

Back