Middleweight Vitor Miranda vs. Marcelo Guimaraes
Featherweight Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Jim Miller
Lightweight Justin Salas vs. Jason Saggo
Featherweight Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara
\
\
I'm even more excited that Nate Diaz is fighting instead of Dos Anjos.
Anyone else watching !?

Dunno if I'd pay $40 to watch it now that DOS Anjos has pulled out,the 2 headline fights will be one-sided slaughters.
DOS Anjos had a real good chance at beating Conor, Diaz will just be a punching bag for 2 or 3 rounds before he gets put out of his misery. Is it still a 5 round fight or only 3 now that it isn't a title fight?
Diaz always cuts up pretty easily around the face,he will be looking like a car crash victim by the time Conor has finished toying with him like a cat with a mangled mouse.
Might go to the pub and watch the last 2 or 3 fights on the main card.

Yeah I'll be watching but I wont be ordering it now that Dos Anjos is out. I was alot more looking forward to seeing RDA vs Connor.. damn that would have been a good fight. Nate Diaz will be cool just to see all the antics but there is only going to be one outcome. Diaz will be lucky to last 2 rounds before he runs out of gas and gets KO'd, just like the Connor/Mendes fight. You just cant expect to last 5 rounds in the ring with Connor with less then 2 weeks preparation. And i love how Connor told Diaz when deciding on what weight to fight "make it 170 I want you to feel comfortable" brilliant LOL.

The Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate fight will be alot closer then people think. Style wise Miesha is a tougher opponent for Holly then what Ronda Rousey was. Miesha is too experienced and wont fall into the same traps that Ronda did. I really think this fight could go either way.

Tate is under-rated, she won't run away.
She'll put a better fight than Ronda did.

She won't win but keen to be proven wrong, lol.

I see Diaz doing alot better than most of you think he will…. he fights long, and inside Connors head without barely trying.

Connor has had a pampered run to get where he is, and apart from Aldo, who was too stupid to keep composure, has had a hand picked safe run.

Siver is slow as mollases and has T-rex arms tailor made for a speedy counter puncher, Mendez as well especially with no camp and absolutely schooled Connor on the mat until his glass jaw got tapped. Poirer was a fan favourite much like Kampmann because of the brutal wars he got into going toe to toe again a custom made fit.... Brandao another small man who head hunts with decent jitz but prefers to trade leather....

Holloway, now here is a similar fit to a Nate Diaz style.... Holloway lost a decision, before Connor was off injured which is 3-4 yrs ago. Holloway wasnt going all that well at that stage of his career, the fight seems the turning point for his career. All that said Holloway went the distance, and is pretty much the only guy who didnt give away a massive reach disadvantage, although he isnt noted as a long fighter.

The Diaz boys are a handful for alot of fighters, whether you like them or not, its honest to goodness truth. They are unorthodox as hell, efficient with gas tanks that last for days. Nates last fight was Johnston, a win where he fought long against a guy that should have outclassed him easily. Johnstons power was eaten whenever Nate lost the plot for a moment, and his power isnt a joke, though for the rest of the fight was nullified by the length.

Connors bread and butter is getting into peoples heads, turning them into head hunters and catching them with speed and precision. Nate doesnt have the power to head hunt, and isnt frothing over the banter, its actually the other way around.

If Diaz gets to work with volume, I would really question Connors tank being big enough... speed and accuracy are the first things to go as you tire, and Connors power while good isnt anywhere near Johnstons which Nate ate without a drama.

This is an interesting one isn't it. I think Connor will win but you never know for sure and Diaz will be bigger and stronger than anyone he has faced plus Diaz is good.

I don't agree that Connor doesn't have the same power as Johnson. He has knockout power and has I think the best finishing rate in the UFC. He is a gun. Maybe his power won't stand up as much because he is going up 2 weight divisions but we don't know. You have to give it to him though - it's huge stepping up that much in weight.

I'm a huge fan of the Diaz Bros.
I think this is a super-fight in the making.

Imagine if Nate & Meisha win?
UFC will be shattered.

Nate and his brother are crisp boxers, so is Connor.
You cannot survive in the UFC without it, all the champs have great standup
Nate will bring the fight to Connor…

Honestly both main fights could go either way

I have a feeling both Nate and Connor are both gonna be pretty banged up by the end of it, I love watching the Diaz bros fight and Connor is just a beast

@Demps said:
Nate and his brother are crisp boxers, so is Connor.

I reckon Connor has a more rounded skill-set and I think he will still have knock-out power at welterweight but we will have to see however Nate has great boxing skills and that is Connor's strength as well.

Connor might not be able to have his way with Nate as he has had his way with everyone else. Nate is a bigger and better boxer than everyone else Connor has fought.

I spoke to an ex-UFC fighter the other day and his opinion is that Connor will smash Diaz. I think Connor wins but I can see Nate giving him hell. The Diaz boys seems to not handle leg kicks well but apart from that have every skill in the book. I don't think Connor will be trying to chop his legs out all fight.

I can't wait to see this fight though.

@Demps said:
Nate could win by sub…..
Who knows though, I'm so excited for this fight.

He could but who knows how good Connor is on the ground. I have another mate who rolled with Connor and Gunnar Neilson and he said Connor was a beast.

He also said that Gunnar would destroy Maia. That didn't turn out that good.

I'm looking forward to the fight as well. I'm also looking forward to also seeing Silva vs Bisping. Is Silva going to be sharp again ?

@stevetiger said:
@Demps said:
Nate could win by sub…..

He could but who knows how good Connor is on the ground. I have another mate who rolled with Connor and Gunnar Neilson and he said Connor was a beast.

I'm looking forward to the fight as well. I'm also looking forward to also seeing Silva vs Bisping. Is Silva going to be sharp again ?

do u have fight pass?
sucks the silva/bisping fight isn't on tv.

@Demps said:
@stevetiger said:
@Demps said:
Nate could win by sub…..

do u have fight pass?

No - but I tend to find a way to watch basically every event.

@Demps said:
@stevetiger said:
@Demps said:
Nate could win by sub…..

do u have fight pass?

Demps, Silva vs Bisping is on Fox sports mate early Sunday morning,check your TV guide I think its on around 6am EST.

A definate stench on the decision in that fight. Should have known a fix was on. The UFC need to alter their scoring system- how is it possible that the 3rd round wasn't scored 10-8 Silva.
Hometown Harry decision, Jarrad Maxwell might as well been the ref in there.
Disgraceful.

@Fade To Black said:
A definate stench on the decision in that fight. Should have known a fix was on. The UFC need to alter their scoring system- how is it possible that the 3rd round wasn't scored 10-8 Silva.
Hometown Harry decision, Jarrad Maxwell might as well been the ref in there.
Disgraceful.

I think it was the right call, I figured Bisping would have won by Split instead if unanimous but before that KO that happened at exactly on the bell, he was winning the fight

I think it was pretty close fight but 99 times out of 100 Anderson should have got the decision IMO. Bisping won the first 2 rounds with volume of punches alone,they did no damage whatsoever. The next 2 rounds Anderson won and inflicted some major damage. Anderson won the last round as well in my books. Dana White said as much also.
Not a shock that the decision went in favour of the home fighter,it happens pretty regularly but they got it wrong this time,same as the Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit dodgy decision a few months back.

I had Bisping winning 1 and 2 and hard to pick 3\. For some reason Silva laid off in Rd 4 and let Bisping have that one. I agreed with the judges, but opinion is divided.

Silva and his relaxed style went too far this time and let Bisping in.

I dislike Silva, but no doubting his greatness. Bisping wouldnt go 30 seconds with Silva at his peak. But i think it was the right result.

@Swordy said:
I had Bisping winning 1 and 2 and hard to pick 3\. For some reason Silva laid off in Rd 4 and let Bisping have that one. I agreed with the judges, but opinion is divided.

Silva and his relaxed style went too far this time and let Bisping in.

I dislike Silva, but no doubting his greatness. Bisping wouldnt go 30 seconds with Silva at his peak. But i think it was the right result.

Silva paid a price for taking it easy and showboating a lot. I also don't think the judges would have been too impressed with his carrying on after the bell in round 3- sitting up on the fence for so long etc. But round 3 was unquestionably Silva's- he picked him off at will and then sat him on his arse with that flying knee.

That was bizare wasn't it. Silva is his own worst enemy. I think he would be the best fighter of all time if he fought with more balls.

Staff online

Members online

Back