UFC & MMA Discussion

Silva really let himself down by not finishing the fight
I personally think he won it - the judges said he won 3 & 4 but lost the other 3.
Very debatable.

Damage to the fighters speaks for it's self as well.

@Demps said:

True, but Forrest Griffin used to look like he ran head first into a tomato sauce truck every fight, but most of the time he punched the tripe out of his opposition.

@Swordy said:
@Demps said:

True, but Forrest Griffin used to look like he ran head first into a tomato sauce truck every fight, but most of the time he punched the tripe out of his opposition.

Of course sometimes the damage itself is a misleading indication of how a fight went but I think in this case it was a pretty reliable indication of how clean the shots were that Silva got Bisping with. That front head kick was a ripper,as was the knee finishing the 3rd round. The scoring system somehow needs to be tweaked to better reward clean pure shots like those two,they are worth 20 pitter-patter jabs etc IMO.
I had cash on Silva by decision so I was pretty ###t off with the result haha. Even without that bias 3,4 and 5 were Silva's rounds I think.

Had to laugh at the goose commentating who said "beating Silva is a better achievement than winning the middleweight belt". Sure it is,the bloke is 40 and hadn't fought for 2 years. Throw Bisping to Rockhold for him to play with.

I can't wait for McGregor vs Diaz. How good is this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzhVVIjLCE

@Fade To Black said:
Had to laugh at the goose commentating who said "beating Silva is a better achievement than winning the middleweight belt". Sure it is,the bloke is 40 and hadn't fought for 2 years. Throw Bisping to Rockhold for him to play with.

I thought exactly the same; a more parochial comment could you would never hear! I actually scoffed audibly when he said that!

As for 196, it really is tough to pick the main event (previous poster - all main events on UFC cards are now 5 rounds title or not). Not sure Diaz has the tools to keep Conor away standing up, and as for ground game well Conor really surprised me against Mendes so who knows?

One thing I will say though is Diaz is way bigger and I hope he doesn't land too many sweet on the chin because Conor may find the bigger they are, the harder they hit.

I'll tip Conor to be too quick and accurate and cut Nate up by round three.

As for holly and meisha I agree that even though beaten by Rousey a couple of times, Tate is actually more well rounded a fighter and a tougher proposition for holly. It's so ironic that someone who won so many fights due to ridiculous fight plans, Rousey fell victim to the exact same thing and was found out by Holm.

I love holly though (and picked her to beat Rousey) Just love her whole attitude, demeanour and especially her walkout!

@stevetiger said:
I can't wait for McGregor vs Diaz. How good is this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzhVVIjLCE

Ha ha… Thanks for sharing that stevetiger. Talk about the proverbial battle of wits against an unarmed man!

Now I'm way more convinced Conor wins.

Just watched the weigh-ins fellas…
Gonna be an awesome card.

#TEAM DIAZ
#TEAM TATE

UPSETS for DAYS

Connors body looked in prime condition, 170 actually looks his natural weight. Gotta agree with him, Nate's body looks sloppy. "How can someone look so fat yet be so skinny at the same time" LOL

Connor's trash talk has been a flop against Nate.
I'm a fan of Connor but I've been a Diaz bros. fan for years.

This card looks exciting af.

@Demps said:
Connor's trash talk has been a flop against Nate.
I'm a fan of Connor but I've been a Diaz bros. fan for years.

This card looks exciting af.

I agree especially with the trash talking. I reckon Nate has made Connor's trash talking look stupid.

Nate just doesn't care. I'd say something else but on this board you probably can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxCVL1MU__U

This is pretty funny. Nate gets the best of Connor a little bit.

I do agree that the trash talking from Connor doesnt seem to work on Nate. I liked Nate's response in that fox interview above when he was asked " Nate that must worry you when you hear Connor say he's going to bury you in Vegas" and Nate's response was just like "Mmmh… yep" LOL perfect, you can tell he just doesn't give a crap.

Great to see Lucas become the first ever Australian to become Heavyweight Champion of the World.
Go Big Daddy!

Time keeping was very dodgy. Well done Big Daddy. To me he looks a class below Tyson Fury but he can hit. Really took his advantage well at the end. Crowd turned pretty nasty afterwards based on the tv coverage.

He will give a crap when as Conor put it " I'm gonna bounce your head off the canvas"! I don't think concussion would worry Nate too much…there is not a hell of a lot going on in that head of his. Should be an OK scrap.
If anyone is watching it, any updates between rounds would be much appreciated if possible . Cheers

Members online

Back