Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hmm didn’t Richo say if it’s in the papers the deal is off? Interesting week ahead.
99% of the time, it will break in the media that a signing is imminent. Very rarely do clubs make big signing announce out of the blue. Looks like it’s a done deal.

That would be a pretty stupid policy if true. So both the club and player have to suffer because of one tiny leak? Bit of an overreaction if true.

Richo is allowing himself to be seen as The Man...

Good tactics when your negotiating a contract extension.

Richard is an genius...
lol what would you prefer? He doesn’t sign key players ? Or wait until he’s contract is finalized and then sign players after potentially missing their windows?

We had that… for ten years lol….

Reactions: 851
2 = Latu Fainu

6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jarome Luai
13. Latu Fainu
Yep that is what I have said where Latu can fit. His defence & wrestle is exceptional and he'll only get stronger & fitter.

We now need a left wing so would not be surprised if we try to deal with Parramatta for an early release of Maika Sivo & extend his contract to end 2026 (currently '25 with Eels).

Then I reckon two of Staines, Naden & T'oa will be kept for the right wing (all their favoured sides). I would love to see T'oa return to the wing as he brings speed, tackle-busting & one of the best left fends in the game, whilst Naden has speed and has shown very good aerial skills. I think Staines is currently playing for his future at the club & Benji will give him every chance.

Yep that is what I have said where Latu can fit. His defence & wrestle is exceptional and he'll only get stronger & fitter.

We now need a left wing so would not be surprised if we try to deal with Parramatta for an early release of Maika Sivo & extend his contract to end 2026 (currently '25 with Eels).

Then I reckon two of Staines, Naden & T'oa will be kept for the right wing (all their favoured sides). I would love to see T'oa return to the wing as he brings speed, tackle-busting & one of the best left fends in the game, whilst Naden has speed and has shown very good aerial skills. I think Staines is currently playing for his future at the club & Benji will give him every chance.
Starford was worse the Jr under the high ball.

Whenever there was talk of us signing him... Or a forum member suggested it I always thought we'd be next to no chance... "why would he come here I ask myself"
Terrific if true!. I'll believe it when I see it.
Funny game this salary cap

Really? I thought the opposite. Just like Luai, I saw the Tigers as the most logical move for him. Has family and friends here, doesn't have to move house and gets more money.

If we do sign Turuva it will mean we only have 1 top 30 spot left for next season, which we have to leave open until Tumeths PO deadline. Wouldn't expect to be linked to anyone else until we can move someone on.

For this year sure but next he should start next to Stefano
I don't agree, I think he has shown too many lapses in his game defensively and I think he hasn't even been brought back on for a 2nd stint in a few games this year. He is only 21, he has plenty of time to become a starter.

A rotation of Klemmer / Stefano + Twal / Pole means the props we have on the field will always have different attributes. Bringing on Klemmer / Twal (Our 2 best in defence) at the same time when we probably need some punch on tired forwards wouldn't be great.

Pole probably gets a consistent starting role in 26 if he keeps on improving.

If we do sign Turuva it will mean we only have 1 top 30 spot left for next season, which we have to leave open until Tumeths PO deadline. Wouldn't expect to be linked to anyone else until we can move someone on.
I think we'll see a few early exits when the season ends, much like last year.

Turuva is the 1 for us...
Not Schiller, not Sivo.

Suruva has a long career ahead of him.
And I can see him really helping the Tigers.

99% of the time, it will break in the media that a signing is imminent. Very rarely do clubs make big signing announce out of the blue. Looks like it’s a done deal.

That would be a pretty stupid policy if true. So both the club and player have to suffer because of one tiny leak? Bit of an overreaction if true.
He said it. He didn’t have to say it.

If it’s a done deal then it leaking at this point doesn’t matter, but if it’s not, well that’s another story.

Don’t think that is right. I think it would be 25 signed players?

OFF CONTRACT 2024
Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Solomona Faataape, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

All off contract as well, I think only one we will hold onto is Fainu

If Turuva is guaranteed centre that is interesting because the only other position I imagine Doueihi might play is lock or wing

Reactions: 851
He said it. He didn’t have to say it.

If it’s a done deal then it leaking at this point doesn’t matter, but if it’s not, well that’s another story.
To be fair I think that was in the case that it leaked from his camp. If it was someone at Penrith leaking it again like the Luai one then there is nothing to worry about anyway.

Don’t think that is right. I think it would be 25 signed players?

OFF CONTRACT 2024
Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Solomona Faataape, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

All off contract as well, I think only one we will hold onto is Fainu

If Turuva is guaranteed centre that is interesting because the only other position I imagine Doueihi might play is lock or wing
2025 Roster

Starting:
1. Bula
2. Naden
3. Turuva ??
4. Olam
5. Staines
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu ??
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

Bench:
14. Latu
15. Twal
16. Seyfarth
17. Samuela

Reserves:
18. Sullivan - Half
19. Toa - Wing / Centre
20. Da Silva - Hooker

Depth:
22. L.Lualilii - Wing
23. Feledy - Centre
24. Saukuru - Centre
26. Miller - Prop
27. Tony Sukkar - Second Row
28. Matamua - Lock
29. Faagutu - Lock
30. K. Laulilii - Lock

Edit: Players who have received top 30 contracts for 2025: Jarome Luai, Solo Saukuru, Luke Laulilii, Kit Laulilii, Tony Sukkar, Chris Faagutu.

Also accidentally had Galvin twice and Naden twice instead of Naden / Toa so there is actually 2 spots left.

Last edited:
Back