Charlie Staines #262

He played with a lot of heart before the bowel injury, should imagine it's hard coming back from a life threatening injury, has been improving with each game and has been pretty good with his defence.

Hopefully 3 tries in the last 2 weeks will be exactly what has been needed for his confidence so don't write him off just yet.

I was absolutely down on him but I have to say- last few weeks, there has been a significant amount of improvement, particularly in terms of effort.

I couldn't be happier to be more wrong.

2024 Tackle breaks
Brian To’o - 60
Charlie Staines - 15

400% worse than the gold standard.

Wonder why Stef is fading??

2024 Tackle breaks
Brian To’o - 60
Charlie Staines - 15

Interesting you've used To'o as a reference,
I'd say his workrate has been down this year....

One trick pony for mine...

2024 Tackle breaks
Brian To’o - 60
Charlie Staines - 15

They're completely different models of winger and you know that.

Charlie is slightly built, quick and (purportedly) a good finisher. To'o is a tackle-breaking and post-contact metre machine who is also a gun finisher.

He's only got one less line break, the same amount of tries and an extra try assist than To'o. Given Brian plays in one of the best attacking outfits and ours, well, need I say it...

He's going ok and warming into the year.

Reactions: Eca
If this guy isnt dropped next week Benji has no idea. Doesnt tackle, doesnt think and doesnt like to get tackled.

Hate how our wings are so rubbish.

They're completely different models of winger and you know that.

Charlie is slightly built, quick and (purportedly) a good finisher. To'o is a tackle-breaking and post-contact metre machine who is also a gun finisher.

He's only got one less line break, the same amount of tries and an extra try assist than To'o. Given Brian plays in one of the best attacking outfits and ours, well, need I say it...

He's going ok and warming into the year.
Staines isnt great..and wld benefit with a team that creates half breaks for him to utilise his seed to finish
But is not one of our major problems from today..Id start on the wing on the opposite side who coughed up the ball at least 4 times and missed a hundred tackles
I was fence sitting on Naden for some time...heaps of natural talent and athletism,..but today was the turning point..shld never go near a NRL team again

Interesting you've used To'o as a reference,
I'd say his workrate has been down this year....

One trick pony for mine...
Hey, it's a one trick pony that WORKS.

Staines is a player that should be performing a lot better then he is. Clearly he is a capiable winger, clearly in our team he has not performed.

We need solid options in our backline which we don't have. I strongly recommend we get Center + wing pairs and have both pairs practise defending with each other and getting used to the positioning.

Latest posts

Back