Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I dare say the emergence of Saukuru may have put a hold on Olam talks too. If he's showing enough promise to suggest he can play first grade in near future then we don't want to block him with an older player on large money.

he must have had a setback then … because Telegraph reporting Olam talks back on

Junior Tupou at the Dolphins will be behind: Fullbacks - Hamiso Tabuai Fidow & Jamayne Isaako .. Wings - Jamayne Isaako & Edrick Lee & Robert Jennings .. Centres - Herbie Farnworth & Jake Averillo & Valynce Te Whare & Euan Aitken & Tesi Niu .. why go there .. ??

I recall there was a forum wedding once even. Brook and someone got hitched at Leichhardt oval...

And yeah if my mail was correct pom was just a regular bloke, would take his kids to members days etc. Don't recall anyone outing him though

Yeah we met on the forums and got married in Balmain, the day before winning the GF. The club let us into LO, Sheds etc then went down main street of Balmain & people would randomly run up to the car it was nuts.

Junior Tupou at the Dolphins will be behind: Fullbacks - Hamiso Tabuai Fidow & Jamayne Isaako .. Wings - Jamayne Isaako & Edrick Lee & Robert Jennings .. Centres - Herbie Farnworth & Jake Averillo & Valynce Te Whare & Euan Aitken & Tesi Niu .. why go there .. ??
Money and location?

Yeah we met on the forums and got married in Balmain, the day before winning the GF. The club let us into LO, Sheds etc then went down main street of Balmain & people would randomly run up to the car it was nuts.
Hey champion @Mighty_Tiger - are you the only forum sweethearts?
Did anyone else hook up?
And who among the current forum are showing promise of a future together?

I’m disappointed about Tupou. I really like him.
I was too but then I thought about the talent we have emerging and the need to keep $ aside to extend them. If we're playing the long game, in retrospect it is the correct decision not to get involved in a bidding war. Probably we are learning of the influence of Richardson on recruitment/retention.

2024 lineup

Bula
Alaimalo
Toa
Olam
Staines
Sullivan
Sezer
Klem
Api
Stefano
Bateman
Papa
Pole

Twal
Samuela Fainu
Latu Fainu
Seyfarth

I'm not happy we've been outbid for Tupou, reckon he's got real X factor. Certainly has some pretty big holes in his game, but still young.
But in light of the move, I think it would mean that he plays the rest of year on the wing, probably outside Toa, and it will be Staines and Naden on the other side meaning we still have a lot of work to do in the outside back. Although promising to hear that Alaimalo and Lobb are doing the right things in preseason and could come into the equation at some point.
I still don't see much benefit in the Olam/Blore swap, we would be much better served getting rid of Nofa and trying to nab that young Broncos centre.

Tell me ink was there a forum around before this one or did the forum merge from somewhere else because I remember that Sinccas bloke crouching Tiger and a few other classics. But iirc there was something shut down and everyone had to come across. I used to post under a different name back then and I only actually changed it on here 3 or 4 yrs ago.
Yeah there's been a few different versions... I think records from here only go back to 09 but the other forums before that went back to the early 2000s.
I'm not up on the tech aspects of it all but sometimes the changes were necessary other times it was an optional cheaper thing.
Different URL. Things like invision free etc etc were changed sometimes and lots of records lost... Kuls the guy to talk to about that

Not 100% sure but I think original forum started either 2004 or 2005. Can remember Happy Tiger and 851 were early users. The mad poster Moth used league unlimited. SMEG Watto were also big users

Haha yeah thought it was you though didn't trust my memory

T-1 I think crouching and BRET got together for a while
@Mighty_Tiger do you remember the guy I mention before ended up official BRET photographer... He had an old VN Holden sedan with a big WTs logo on the bonnet...lived in annadale. Was a mad rev head... He was pretty level headed except when it came to street racing

Another good member by the name.of riff raff worked at Fox sports and was instrumental in the Stop the Rot/Save LO cause that saw a lot of renovations done... Ric Sissons also

Last edited:
Back