Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I feel Matamua has missed the boat unfortunately. Kit or Fa'agutu to lock eventually and Pole remaining as an explosive interchange middle forward until he becomes a starter (Klem moves on).
good call on Pole being the explosive impact type, agreed there. Fa'agutu was moved to the front row for Kit to stay at lock, so I would assume that that is how things will play out in Cup and eventually first grade as well.

my only question is Round 2. Marshall seems to prefer a pivot-style lock, but there's questions about all four players you mentioned. I guess trials will give us more insight.

Yeah there's been a few different versions... I think records from here only go back to 09 but the other forums before that went back to the early 2000s.
I'm not up on the tech aspects of it all but sometimes the changes were necessary other times it was an optional cheaper thing.
Different URL. Things like invision free etc etc were changed sometimes and lots of records lost... Kuls the guy to talk to about that

I thought so i know i had been on here well and truly before 09 and vaguely remember having to come here manually. I knew you were on the older version and also Kul i think he was a kid back then and i recall crouching tiger i'm pretty sure i worked out at the time he was mates with my brother at school.

if we happen to get Luai and we have sezer and fainu and Galvin woukd the club consider (depending on Amone situation) looking at releasing sullivan back to Dragons.
I would give this some serious consideration. With Luai here, its a shoot out between Sullivan and TDS on the bench I would think...

Not 100% sure but I think original forum started either 2004 or 2005. Can remember Happy Tiger and 851 were early users. The mad poster Moth used league unlimited. SMEG Watto were also big users
Must of been another happy Tiger.....I started around 2010 from memory

Olam ain’t gonna cut it - a pointless buy in my opinion. Has a very low footy iq and poor positional play. I’d rather we develop someone internally or try and go after someone else. Our centres and wingers are still looking very weak for 2024

The biggest problem with Olam is that he is still contracted 3 more years ! Imagine the 2026 version of him … when he has already began his decline last season …

He might have another 12 months in him next year at the Tigers … but then you got another 2 years left ? It’s a Nofo like situation … and one of those a decade is enough…

Yeah we met on the forums and got married in Balmain, the day before winning the GF. The club let us into LO, Sheds etc then went down main street of Balmain & people would randomly run up to the car it was nuts.
Awesome. Sounds like a fairytale!

And we don't get many of those in Tiger Town these days.

I’d be calling Canberra and trying to get a Nofa for Savage trade lined up. Canberra are one of the few clubs who have enquired about Nofa’s availability as well.

I think Savage could be a seriously talented winger or even at centre.
That be an amazing swap! Not sure that would happen with Madge at the Raiders knowing Nofa's attitude.

The biggest problem with Olam is that he is still contracted 3 more years ! Imagine the 2026 version of him … when he has already began his decline last season …

He might have another 12 months in him next year at the Tigers … but then you got another 2 years left ? It’s a Nofo like situation … and one of those a decade is enough…
I think the only 3 ways we can release Nofa (in order of probability) ...

1 If he's happy to go to Super League
2 An NRL club short on outside back experience that could chip in $250k
3 A swap for a player that club wants to get off their books that could use Nofa and we could use that player

We’re very thin in the backline - I want Nofoaluma off the books badly but if we pay majority of his freight to make it happen then I’d expect some value coming back our way at least.
I wonder whether Todd Payten still sees something in Nofa ... Nofa was part of Todd's premiership winning NYC team back in 2012. Maybe we could take Kyle Feldt for '24 off their books just for the experience he could bring.

I thought so i know i had been on here well and truly before 09 and vaguely remember having to come here manually. I knew you were on the older version and also Kul i think he was a kid back then and i recall crouching tiger i'm pretty sure i worked out at the time he was mates with my brother at school.
I think he went to Homebush BHS...lived Concord West or Mortlake thereabouts

Tell me ink was there a forum around before this one or did the forum merge from somewhere else because I remember that Sinccas bloke crouching Tiger and a few other classics. But iirc there was something shut down and everyone had to come across. I used to post under a different name back then and I only actually changed it on here 3 or 4 yrs ago.
@Kul would be able to confirm, but I think there was actually 2 other forums before migrating to this one. Same forum of course, but perhaps different domains...I can't remember 100%

I remember being a member of a forum very early, then like Ink said, they had to move or merge. When I say very early I remember admins such as Kul and Sincas. There was one poster who had one of the McGuiness bros as his monicker and the player was close to leaving or finishing up and a few on the forum were asking what his next monicker was going to be.

I know the forum was before 2005 because Sincas took videos (CD) of coach and players after the GF and he sent me a copy.

Back