OFFICIAL Michael Maguire to coach NSW

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn’t. Like I said, there are about 5 players, if that moving their lips. Wasn’t an issue then, yet is now for some reason. People get offended over anything these days.
I don't see the issue with players not singing the anthem. My opinion is how they feel about the anthem is not necessarily how they feel about their country and they have the right to their opinions.
But players may not sing for a variety of reasons. I don't believe these players are not singing as they take issue with the anthem. As such I don't think these guys not singing is the equivalent of today's players not singing, even if I don't believe it should be an issue that offends others now.

No it isn’t. Like I said, there are about 5 players, if that moving their lips. Wasn’t an issue then, yet is now for some reason. People get offended over anything these days.
Who says it wasn't an issue then, pride in your Country, Flag and Anthem should always be an issue, then, now and in the future.

Prior to Advance Australia Fair being the Australian Anthem, Winston and I were both standing when we sang God Save the Queen during all sorts of occasions and places, including the movie theatre, and Winston was standing when we sang God Save the King before that in Australia.

Only reason I didn't was because that was before my time.

People need to show a bit of respect, but then the modern generation would not know the meaning of the word respect and yes you are right, people get offended over lots of things these days, this is the woke world we live in but don't ever confuse that with respect.

Reactions: BZN
Who says it wasn't an issue then, pride in your Country, Flag and Anthem should always be an issue, then, now and in the future.

Prior to Advance Australia Fair being the Australian Anthem, Winston and I were both standing when we sang God Save the Queen during all sorts of occasions and places, including the movie theatre, and Winston was standing when we sang God Save the King before that in Australia.

People need to show a bit of respect, but then the modern generation would not know the meaning of the word respect and yes you are right, people get offended over lots of things these days, this is the woke world we live in but don't ever confuse that with respect.
We don’t live in North Korea or Russia. If someone doesn’t show the proper patriotism, it’s kind of their right given we live in a free country. No one even knows why they don’t sing either, they just assume.

I would suggest that the Indigenous players that choose not to sing the anthem are showing respect by standing and not taking the moment away from those that do. They arent taking a knee or any other such behaviour.

They would probably also feel that respect should go both ways and that a song they deem to be racist is not showing respect to their people.

Ha

None of the Royals gave a toss at our Matilda's making the quarter finals. Heck they barely remembered to Barrack for their own girls inspite of the british obsession for Socker.

We don't matter one Iota to them.

Let alone Crazy Prince Andrew flying to Epstein Island. How can you or anyone approve of what he did there? Eeeew

Show some respect for our Flag, Country and Nation. Tell the Pommy bastards to get the hell out. They slaughtered our troops at Gallipoli, we were Cannon Fodder. We don't Matter to them. AT ALL.

Wash your mouth with Soap for singing something as awful as "god save the Queen". That is a disrespect and a slur to Australia. You want to show pride in Australia, no problem. Don't go shouting for a Foreign Monarch and recalling pride in quite frankly a disgusting and bizarre family. Throw out the trash.

We don’t live in North Korea or Russia. If someone doesn’t show the proper patriotism, it’s kind of their right given we live in a free country. No one even knows why they don’t sing either, they just assume.
People don’t need to assume in respects of the players who make it known exactly why they won’t sing it… and we know who they are.

I was at the gym yesterday and speaking to a random person and he said why do so many people care about what other people do today. It's weird.
Interesting thought Earl. I think our change of direction occurred in the 1980s, when psychologists started asking the question…’and how did that make you feel?” The question became so popular that pretty soon everyone was asking “how do you feel about that?”
people may not be too sure how they feel about certain issues, but can now see the thumbs up or down numbers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back