Membership Numbers 2024

And I have more animal members than people in my household and none of us have gone to many games the past 5 yrs so 20000 is full of shit.
Yeah...
I know people that hold multiple memberships for whatever reason....
Can be 3-4 Memberships - But only 1 actual Member.

The Purchases / Numbers are run through the NRL though....
So Unless your old mate in the Cap is buying 10,000 Extras - Bit hard to fudge....

Cracks me up,
The Rabbits community program 'Souths Cares' Gives out free memberships to kids....
They're basically buying their own memberships through a charity and giving them out to breed more members and get their numbers up.

Wasn't it Paulinis' record company bought 5000 of her new Singles after she won Idol to get it in the Charts?

Back to my point, The memberships are somehow done through the NRL (Why most clubs have the same crap in different colours) so they'd be hard to fudge the Numbers.....
And we're not that smart if the numbers could be fudged.

Wests Tigers ‘members ‘ have never had voting rights, so I can’t think of a reason to become a member? Rabbitohs members voted for success when they voted for partial privatisation. More than a 75% yes vote sent them on their way to a GF victory. There’s a benefit in a level of democracy which doesn’t exist at WT.

All of you are bloody bandwagon supporters!

If you are a true supporter, you will sign up to every possible membership for the rest of your life with your family and show up to each game rail, hail or shine.

/sarcasm

Back on Topic,

I think the member numbers were inflated by the fact the some people bought based on where they could attend games.

Not easy to fix but

We need 1 identity and one home ground where we play the Majority of the games...

We better start winning games if we want the next generation of fans to support this great club.
Most of us come from the generation where Wests and Balmain were perennial losers. Nothing much has changed over the years. The club will never be short of new supporters.

Calling non-members to show your stripes

MEMBERSHIP

Calling non-members to show your stripes​

Wests Tigers Mon 26 Feb 2024, 04:27 PM​

Wests Tigers would like to thank the 7,239 Members who have signed up ahead of the 2024 NRL season as the club invites others to show their support.
wt2024_member_ometer_26_feb.jpg

In line with a revised policy to include only ‘paid up’ members in the total membership tally, omitting registered junior players who receive free membership, the club has set a new membership goal.

That new target is to have 10,000 Wests Tigers Members showing their stripes by the end of the 2024 NRL season.
Wests Tigers boss issues new membership challenge

New CEO Shane Richardson explained on the club’s official podcast Behind The Roar that membership is about joining the family, whether you attend games or not.
“We've been including 9000 juniors who don’t pay at all, so there is no income to the club, and we’ve been declaring we have 20,000 Members.” Richardson said.
"Let’s be totally honest about what we have because we need you to become a Member of this club, in whatever capacity that is. You need to become a Member.
Membership has got nothing to do with just having a season ticket, it is about the family you want to be involved with.
Shane RichardsonWests Tigers CEO
“Our family at Wests Tigers includes the players through to the coaching staff, the administration, stakeholders, but most importantly the Members.
“It’s about Members feeling they are part of the Wests Tigers family…and that’s what we are, a family.
“What we’re now doing is shooting for 10,000 Members by the end of this season.
“We need people to put their money in now to help us get to that target, so come and enjoy the journey with us, as part of our family.”
72803812_tigers-fans-2308019_gp_06488_20238205342.jpg

There are many levels of membership available to those who would like to support the Wests Tigers, both ticketed and non-ticketed options.
If you can’t get home games, but you still wish to ‘show your stripes’, the $75 Club Membership might be the way to go.
Wests Tigers Club Membership is the perfect way for you to stay connected to the team, enjoy exclusive content, and receive a range of Member benefits, including discounts on games and merchandise.

So come on, join the Wests Tigers family and help us reach our goal of 10,000 Members by the end of this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes all you filthy, unwashed, bludging freeloaders, become a paid member so our CEO can hit his mandate and satisfy the KPI set by his HBG overlords.
The club has worked their fingers to the bone all summer long, improving in all facets of gameplay…as was evident from their performance in Mudgee. Time to get off your arses and put your money where your mouths are.
Show your stripes god damn it!

Back on Topic,

I think the member numbers were inflated by the fact the some people bought based on where they could attend games.

Not easy to fix but

We need 1 identity and one home ground where we play the Majority of the games...
Please don’t take this the wrong way but unfortunately I think what you want is most likely gonna stay as a dream at best. While I understand where you’re coming from, no matter what the club does no one is ever gonna be happy.

Say for example if we played 10 home games at Campbelltown, the ones that love Leichhardt or former Balmain fans won’t go to the games anymore and vice versa if we played 10 at Leichhardt for the former Magpies fans if we decided to try and play majority of our home games at one ground. And playing majority of our home games like we did for so many years at Accor, BankWest and Allianz stadium didn’t help us either as they weren’t our home grounds.

And trying to build a new stadium that is just exclusive for us is a very very slim chance of happening. First is location, and trying to find a place where all the fans can agree that it would be nice to build there and make it a home is gonna be difficult. If it’s to close to the Campbelltown area same problem as before the former Balmain fans won’t be happy and again vice versa for former Magpies fans if it’s to close to Leichhardt. Relocation wouldn’t work as the area wouldn’t get behind a Sydney team that’s moved, they will want one that’s been built from the ground up. While one ground sounds nice, it’s most likely a pipe dream.

Is $172k approx gunna make that much difference
Extra income getting 10k members equates to...approx

Not really interested in this family, too old for fan days and autograph sessions...only interested in the 80 on the park and talking footy

Give us a flexi option - say 4 - 6 or 8 games at LO or CSS of your choice and youd get a lot more menbers, me for one...still need value for money even more so as the football produced these last how many years has not given anyone value for their coin

If you can’t get to a game, you’re not a fan, but you could be giving the club $75 to become a member and get a discount on tickets?
How does that work?

I’ve never been happier to put my hard earned money into the club and I strongly think we’ll finish in the bottom four this year. As Richo said the club needs to run as a business, not just from licensed club and NRL handouts.

The excitement around Jarome Luai coming and hopefully some other elite backs in 2025 is enough for me to upgrade my input.

If you truly want the club to be successful long term and have the financial capacity to do so, buy a membership. It’s not just the cash you pay upfront, the club then benefits from increased sales on game day and it can market promotions etc.to you in future. It’s not a cash grab, Richo is doing the commercially responsible thing in trying to grow WT revenues which we all know will end up in Benji’s budget with him in charge.

Richo’s way beats putting up some bullshit graphs in an effort to keep your own job any day of the week.

If you just want to be a fan, good on you, that’s a tough enough gig at this club.

Not a real gauge,
I have a decent fully ticketed Membership and I'm lucky to get to 2 games a year.
I'm not alone...
So, if you aren't going to a particular game, can your seat be sold to someone else if you notify the club beforehand?

So, if you aren't going to a particular game, can your seat be sold to someone else if you notify the club beforehand?
that is how the nba, nfl and nhl season tickets work you notify when you cant go and you sell them back to the club

Reactions: BZN
I’ve never been happier to put my hard earned money into the club and I strongly think we’ll finish in the bottom four this year. As Richo said the club needs to run as a business, not just from licensed club and NRL handouts.

The excitement around Jarome Luai coming and hopefully some other elite backs in 2025 is enough for me to upgrade my input.

If you truly want the club to be successful long term and have the financial capacity to do so, buy a membership. It’s not just the cash you pay upfront, the club then benefits from increased sales on game day and it can market promotions etc.to you in future. It’s not a cash grab, Richo is doing the commercially responsible thing in trying to grow WT revenues which we all know will end up in Benji’s budget with him in charge.

Richo’s way beats putting up some bullshit graphs in an effort to keep your own job any day of the week.

If you just want to be a fan, good on you, that’s a tough enough gig at this club.
Good post 05...You've at least 'given me a nudge' toward getting an out-of-town m'ship.

If our blokes put enough effort in to play to their full potential in the first couple of games, even if they don't win, I'll make the effort to crank up the generator to power up my comp. sufficiently to send $$$ to the big city for membership.

The club membership seems decent value if you opt for the $50 merchandise voucher.
However the club needs to massively improve its value for ticketed membership.
To think it costs less to just buy a ticket to each game at either Leichhardt or Campbelltown costs less than buying the ground membership makes no sense at all and makes it certainly unattractive for a potential member.

I was going to tell you to piss off, then you added that last sentence.
So I won’t.

Back