Lachlan Galvin #277

This is the reason I was initially against signing Luai, but the bigger picture was we needed a big name signing to bring some positivity towards the club.
As many have pointed out, an experienced player in Luai should only assist in the development of young halves such as Galvin and Fainu, the only downside is all 3 heavily favour playing on the left side of the field.
It will be interesting viewing watching how it pans out, for all we know Galvin and Fainu might both surpass Luai as NRL players by season 2026 and we might be looking to sell Luai’s contract in order to keep the other 2.
luai will be great as a 7 once he steps out of cleary and Penrith shadow, very happy we signed him

you made the comment about owning a golf course
Yeah I know. I didn’t know we, (Wests Ashfield), had one, but it does not surprise me. And the fact that we don’t use it to make sure players have enough brown paper bags for their sandwiches doesn’t surprise me either.

Jacin Sinclair was a lunatic. I remember a game at Leichhardt years ago Balmain had a try disallowed because at the same time as we were making a break and running the length of the field to score, Sinclair was chasing an opposition play in the opposite direction 50m away from the ball to punch his head in.

Unbelievable talent but the kid has some demons and that unfortunately spilled over on and off the field.
Yes, tragically took his own life after a stint working as Alan Jones house cleaner?
There’s probably a story there but it will remain lost forever.
He had potential, was a big unit in the Lomax style, but a crazy mixed up kid.

It’s hugely healthy to have competition in those spots.
100% under Benji no player should expect to be guaranteed a spot. When there was no depth and players knew they were guaranteed to be picked, they became complacent. Esan Marsters is one player that comes to mind who was just going through the motions and didn't play with 100% effort.

100% under Benji no player should expect to be guaranteed a spot. When there was no depth and players knew they were guaranteed to be picked, they became complacent. Esan Marsters is one player that comes to mind who was just going through the motions and didn't play with 100% effort.
I have Api, Stef, Bula and our two second rowers as locks for FG, everyone else is still on notice.

Yes, tragically took his own life after a stint working as Alan Jones house cleaner?
There’s probably a story there but it will remain lost forever.
He had potential, was a big unit in the Lomax style, but a crazy mixed up kid.
One of my all time favourite players, you just never knew what you were going to get from week to week. On his day he could compete and beat the best and the next week be a dud. So sad he left us so early

I am enjoying the fact we have depth in the halves due to the forward planning of the club. At a time when good halves are in short supply, we have options. Let's not manufacture scenarios which do not exist at present. I am sure Marshall and Morris will have a strategy in place eg if Toa leaves there may not be a need to buy a replacement because Galvin could cover centre as well.

I am enjoying the fact we have depth in the halves due to the forward planning of the club. At a time when good halves are in short supply, we have options. Let's not manufacture scenarios which do not exist at present. I am sure Marshall and Morris will have a strategy in place eg if Toa leaves there may not be a need to buy a replacement because Galvin could cover centre as well.
Thanks champion @pawsandclaws1, I too am sure that there's a strategy going forward.

But Galvin has shown me he is too special to be a long-term centre - his awareness, game management, hands and vision cry out "spine" to me.

I think he's a Parra jnr
He’s from the Campbelltown region so technically a Wests Tigers junior who played his first season of Harold Matthews with the Eels before returning to Wests Magpies the following season.
The Roosters, Bulldogs, Eels and Rabbitohs in particularly all keep trying to poach our best young players.

• Angry
Reactions: BZN
If we ever try to move Galvin or Finau from the halves their managers will be making moves to pull them out of the club asap. Halves (and fullbacks) are paid the most. At this stage of their careers, these guys will not willingly move to another position (or remain a 14) and take lesser dollars plus have to do more dirty work in another position (potentially reducing the length of their careers). And nor should they.

Thus, I expect we will lose one of Galvin or Finau at some stage given Luai’s impending arrival.

If we ever try to move Galvin or Finau from the halves their managers will be making moves to pull them out of the club asap. Halves (and fullbacks) are paid the most. At this stage of their careers, these guys will not willingly move to another position (or remain a 14) and take lesser dollars plus have to do more dirty work in another position (potentially reducing the length of their careers). And nor should they.

Thus, I expect we will lose one of Galvin or Finau at some stage given Luai’s impending arrival.
Or.....Galvin, who played 4 different spots in Trial 2 & was playing in the forwards in one of the junior sides (I don't know which one- someone will) will happily move into the #13 or #12 role & want to play for a young, up & coming side with all his mates.

You know- like those Panthers guys do. Except the narrative is that the Panthers keep the ones they want but the Tigers lose the ones they want.

Because I'm starting to suspect we are just a sad bunch.

Let’s just wait and see …Finau hasn’t played one second of NRL yet .. and he may not develop as quick as Galvin has .,, so he may get limited opportunities in 2024… particularly if the team plays well like we all hope…

If they need to get rid of one in the medium term … say at the end of 2025 at the earliest.., then who is the other team offering to trade for him ? Better be a pretty good player .. Richo won’t let one of them go for nothing ..

Galvin off due to Moses.

Fainu off because of Fulton.

You're determined to be miserable we have quality players, aren't you?
bookmark it and wait and see, if I am wrong I will be very happy to be wrong if we keep both latu fainu and Galvin
No complaining from you if we lose one of them ok, be happy if it happens Chad

Back