Lachlan Galvin #277

??? What are you basing this on ? We have Bula snapped up on 600k for the next 3-4 years . Which is a massive bargain .
Luai on the obligatory 1mil half contract most clubs have . A fair chunk of clubs also have the 800-900k prop forward / lock eg. The panthers / south’s / roosters .
So there’s budget for a Galvin lock move as well .
Did you watch his interview post game ? That struck me as a tigers junior living his dream . It did not strike me as a rent a star kid from another club .
The fainus will be the ones most on the bubble . Especially with thier close ties to Fulton . Not because I think he’s like Williams sisters dad type father figure , but more because he will be thier ear .
But we win footy games , we build a club that fosters trust , loyalty , comraderie and respect , but really leans into the old boys , tigers for life type culture the roosters / storm have , then there’s no reason that these kids won’t stick around .
I think you are blinded by the big 4 and what happened there .
what if Galvin wants to play 6 not 13 ? Roosters lose Keary.... Galvin fits in there
DCE retires Galvin can have a shot there
Penrith as a Luai replacement
all power clubs

Latu fainu looks a bit shaky if he doesn't get game time in the next year or so too, why would he hang around to play nsw cup

By 2026 Galvin is either

A) Established at 6 or 7 next to Luai & likely the earn the top dollar in the club

or

B) Shifted to #13 or into the Second Row because Fainu was too good to leave out.

If we lose Galvin under scenario 2, we have Fainu locked in instead, who made his loss in the halves acceptable.

Highly unlikely you lose him to $'s alone in option 1.

If Galvin goes into the forwards & we lose him? Fa'agutu, Lualili'i, Sukkar etc are coming through along with the 2 older Fainu's.

The best clubs in the game lose players. The Tigers WILL lose some players to other clubs. No way they retain all of the young guys coming through.

Just because we lost Woods, Tedesco & Moses under different leadership & circumstances doesn't mean we will ALWAYS lose all our best players.
they were all the same manager though and we lost 3 of them...

what if Galvin wants to play 6 not 13 ? Roosters lose Keary.... Galvin fits in there
all power clubs

Latu fainu looks a bit shaky if he doesn't get game time in the next year or so too, why would he hang around to play nsw cup
OMG ! What if you trip and fall down the stairs , roll out onto the road , get caught under a truck which drags you 3 kms , get spat out down a cliff to drown to death in a puddle ….
Seriously ? Wtf ….

OMG ! What if you trip and fall down the stairs , roll out onto the road , get caught under a truck which drags you 3 kms , get spat out down a cliff to drown to death in a puddle ….
Seriously ? Wtf ….
history tells us Moses has done it 3 times before !

We are more likely to have a problem fitting all the players that fans deem as future immortals into the squad, than lose the majority to other clubs.

Well, we just signed a bucketload of Tartak's boys. Must mean we will get all his clients going forward because...history.
who gives a stuff about tartak and his players we have. Moses will be the manager for one of the premier players in the comp when he comes off contract.

who gives a stuff about tartak and his players we have. Moses will be the manager for one of the premier players in the comp when he comes off contract.
So will Tartak- Latu Fainu.

Moses will do what is best for his client. Might be that the Tigers are what is best.

all power clubs

Exactly.

You have players that will demand first grade selection (and hopefully prove that on the field).

Galvin, looks like the hype is real. He will want to be 5/8 or halfback. Some say lock, but he is 10kg less then Fainu.

The Hype about Fainu is even bigger then Galvin. I want to see results on the field before I buy in but...

We can't have 4 halves wanting to play first grade. We have 5 at the moment!
Newcastle can sustain 4, as some are pretty fringe halves.
We cannot sustain Sullivan + Luai + Fainu + Galvin... Sure we can offer Sezer crumbs, heck he is a perfect candidate for an "outside the 30 spot" when Luai arrives.

Were going to have to punt AD and another half soonish, else we will get dramaz.

all power clubs

Manly already went after him to replace DCE

If I was him tell the Tigers I am a half an I expect to play in the half's or bye bye

He is to good to play else wear and he shouldn't have to

So will Tartak- Latu Fainu.

Moses will do what is best for his client. Might be that the Tigers are what is best.
Latu will be the NZ half back great player

Maybe missing out on Jerome could have been a good thing for once missing out on a player

Maybe missing out on Jerome could have been a good thing for once missing out on a player
it will be a log jam, hope Galvin is keen to play 13 as one of luai Galvin latu will miss out

This is the reason I was initially against signing Luai, but the bigger picture was we needed a big name signing to bring some positivity towards the club.
As many have pointed out, an experienced player in Luai should only assist in the development of young halves such as Galvin and Fainu, the only downside is all 3 heavily favour playing on the left side of the field.
It will be interesting viewing watching how it pans out, for all we know Galvin and Fainu might both surpass Luai as NRL players by season 2026 and we might be looking to sell Luai’s contract in order to keep the other 2.

Back