David Nofoaluma #164

Fair points mate. I agree that, unfortunately, it's turned sour for Nof at Wests Tigers and def time to go our separate ways. He had plenty of great moments for us.
You're entitled to take issue with the way some are referring to him, and I admire your stance. However, doesn't Mick Potter also deserve to be spoken about respectfully due to his achievements as a player, and his efforts for us as coach?
Potter never played for our team. So does not deserve anywhere near the same treatment as Nofa who was a local junior and played over 10 years fir the club. Opposed to a guy that was a coach for a few seasons. Look love potter all u like that’s up to u. But given club legends like Farah and Payton had massive issues with his coaching I am backing them over Potter. On this forum I just don’t get how people call payten a white ant cause he could see that potter is a halfwit. Numerous hate calls on all three players that won us the grandfinal in 2005 Benji, Farah and payten. And the love for potter, I don’t get it. My personal observations over the years he coached us, watching most press conferences and even at the dogs is the guy makes Brooks look like a genius. And that’s saying something. Anyway each to their own I guess, just boggles the mind.

Potter never played for our team. So does not deserve anywhere near the same treatment as Nofa who was a local junior and played over 10 years fir the club. Opposed to a guy that was a coach for a few seasons. Look love potter all u like that’s up to u. But given club legends like Farah and Payton had massive issues with his coaching I am backing them over Potter. On this forum I just don’t get how people call payten a white ant cause he could see that potter is a halfwit. Numerous hate calls on all three players that won us the grandfinal in 2005 Benji, Farah and payten. And the love for potter, I don’t get it. My personal observations over the years he coached us, watching most press conferences and even at the dogs is the guy makes Brooks look like a genius. And that’s saying something. Anyway each to their own I guess, just boggles the mind.
So your sole criteria for determining if a person deserves respect is whether or not they played for us?

Who cares...?

Whatever team is dumb or desperate enough to pick him up will be worse off for it...

And I agree Parra is a club that fits that profile - so it just kills two birds with one stone if he ends up there stinking the joint up!
Hope he does.

He can suck it from the back like the other entitled prima donnas in Moses and Matterson.

I have no issue with Nofa being shown the door, only the people who have selective memory about what he has achieved at the club.
Simply because he has been a human headline for the last 18 months, does not diminish the 10 years before that, he has played on the end of some shocking backlines, and still managed 100 tries.
I’d say he played a major part in those back lines being shocking.
He wasn’t quick he poorly read defence for 10 years, not great under a high ball.
Never saw him back up in the middle of the park when a breaks made.
10 tries a year for a winger is pretty average mate.

I remember Lees comment about Nofas most recent indiscretion is that he seems lost, but needs to make some hard decisions about his future.
Maybe the fact that he’s taken the money and left us is because he’s getting the advice , like Brooks , that you’re stale and need a change.
You’ve got to imagine there’s something in the future for him, elsewhere.
Let’s see, maybe another announcement next week ?

Not on $525K per year!

If you're on that coin - you demand selection and provide a POSITIVE example to the next tier!

He made his ongoing employment untenable...

And can suck it!!

Do you have a newsletter or blog I can subscribe to? I like the way you think.

Hopefully a positive for the club. However I find it a bit puzzling why an (un named) player was sent to Nofo's house to do a welfare check ? Nofo said he was suffering from gastro - so surely someone with a bit of medical knowledge should have been sent to do the check ie the club doctor.

Hopefully a positive for the club. However I find it a bit puzzling why an (un named) player was sent to Nofo's house to do a welfare check ? Nofo said he was suffering from gastro - so surely someone with a bit of medical knowledge should have been sent to do the check ie the club doctor.
They clearly didn’t believe him.
Poor situation all round….

Should have sent a monkey and an astronaut. They could have decided if he needed a cork or a rocket.

I’d guess that the player was close by or heading past

You play that many years on a wing the tries add up. Nothing more than a first grader at his best.
Come on, he played on the end of some crap backlines, how many players score 100 tries, not a lot, and he is the only one for the club to achieve this, and will be for quite some time.
Eric Grothe one of the all time great wingers, played 11 seasons on the end of probably the best backline ever, and scored 78 tries, Jason Nightingale played on the end of some pretty good backlines, won a premiership, played 70 more games than Nofa, and scored 6 more tries, are they both average too

Last edited:
So is 'legend', which is also massively overstating things.
People die from cancer?
Last I heard no one died from being or not being a legend or overstating things?
My initial post still stands no matter how passionate you get or how loud you yell the word positive and if you don’t understand the meaning in what I said then I’m glad you’re not running the show.
What I said was not necessarily directed at Nofa, more that I would prefer to see more of our juniors, legends, and top try scorers, of our club finish on a high at our club rather than the shit-fight that generally goes on currently. But in saying all that you can’t help it if the player carries on like a knob and Nofa seems to be a giant knob.
1706051502443.jpeg

People die from cancer?
Last I heard no one died from being or not being a legend or overstating things?
My initial post still stands no matter how passionate you get or how loud you yell the word positive and if you don’t understand the meaning in what I said then I’m glad you’re not running the show.
What I said was not necessarily directed at Nofa, more that I would prefer to see more of our juniors, legends, and top try scorers, of our club finish on a high at our club rather than the shit-fight that generally goes on currently. But in saying all that you can’t help it if the player carries on like a knob and Nofa seems to be a giant knob.
View attachment 9822
Agreed. It is good that he is gone, but it’s not something to revel in. Almost seems a waste to have played here for a decade, establish yourself as a fan favourite (which he was around 2016/17), become the leading try scorer, then to have the supporter base turn on you. We need more stories like Chris Lawrence.

Technically he wouldn’t have, he did play for the Storm after all. We all wished Nofa would have been that kind of person you describe, but his attitude has been the downfall of his career. His own fault.
Pretty much what I just said? Except for his storm visit.

Agreed. It is good that he is gone, but it’s not something to revel in. Almost seems a waste to have played here for a decade, establish yourself as a fan favourite (which he was around 2016/17), become the leading try scorer, then to have the supporter base turn on you. We need more stores like Chris Lawrence.
Someone who gets it.

Latest posts

Back