David Nofoaluma #164

Remember those times when you get called a nutjob if you think the NRL conspires against the Tigers. After a very long list of examples, Short whistle or not, square at marker against Brisbane or not, Never forget this memory of David.

All refs suck, and I have family that reffed NRL. The NRL are downright cheats and if it wasn’t in my blood to support this team I wouldn’t watch it at all. They have ruined the game I loved.

Reactions: 851
Yeah, pretty sure it goes back a couple of seasons.

He certainly hasn't been that passionate devotee to the club that he was a few years ago.

He been acting up since he went to Melbourne. It went to his head.
Another stupid club initiative. Loaning players is against club spirit.
I think it was earlier on than that.
He started kicking stones when NSW selectors kept overlooking him. His displeasure became public through social media and fans hammered him online causing him to respond with the infamous A and B defenders post to try and explain why so many tries are scored on his side of the field. He lost his position as a member of our leadership group due to ill discipline (turning up hungover to training). He also was overlooked as a co captain when we had 5 of them, despite being one of our most experienced and high profile players. This all combined to affect his on field performances and further fuel dislike for him amongst the fan base, which in turn grew his chip ever larger.
All of this occurred before he was loaned to Melbourne.
Not saying the loan didn’t escalate things, but it was more the icing on the cake.

Didn’t the club sack the welfare officer with the gear steward so welfare checks by him could not happen.anyway
Yes.

There is no reason a(ny) member of staff (and yes, players are 'staff members') can't conduct a welfare check provided they are comfortable to do so.

He started kicking stones when NSW selectors kept overlooking him. His displeasure became public through social media and fans hammered him online causing him to respond with the infamous A and B defenders post to try and explain why so many tries are scored on his side of the field. He lost his position as a member of our leadership group due to ill discipline (turning up hungover to training). He also was overlooked as a co captain when we had 5 of them, despite being one of our most experienced and high profile players. This all combined to affect his on field performances and further fuel dislike for him amongst the fan base, which in turn grew his chip ever larger.
Not saying the loan didn’t escalate things, but it was more the icing on the cake.
Agreed. That's why he was allowed to go to Melbourne in the first place.

That is pretty much spot on. He actually explicitly blamed team mates for him not making the origin side in 2020.

Being short as a winger is not ideal, but in his prime Nofa made up for his lack of height with his powerful ball running, particularly his willingness to do the hard carries out of our own danger zone. In addition to that he was quick and elusive when in space and was a great finisher which is backed up by his try scoring record.
He was also very reliable and brave under the high ball.
Last year in particular he seemed to have lost the pace he once had. Not sure why, but possibly a result of the many injuries incurred by putting his body on the line over many seasons.
Never the less his value decreases massively being a short stocky winger who is now relatively slow compared to most other wingers in the modern day game.

Some what how I remember it, you can add in Fitler publicly saying he would pick from winning teams and one game during commentary after Nofa had been scored against twice, said Nofa wasn’t origin standard as there were two parts to football both attack and defence and I think we all know what he was referring to.

That is pretty much spot on. He actually explicitly blamed team mates for him not making the origin side in 2020.
Unfortunately during his "test drive".at Storm..he ran straight into a stop sign!
More they saw,less they liked Im guessing
Olam just left him behind on numerous occasions..
Instead they bought Warbick,a current ABs 7s player,and a tall fast athlete with outstanding high ball catching skills plus reliable defence
Wldve been a close call with Nofa....

Cant believe this thread still going on and on !
Hes gone and its not like he was a key position like halfback was just a winger
What also amazes me is the huge number of people that actually know every word he said or thought .Given I had no bugs in the dressing room I don't have a clue what he said to
who ? Oh wait I forgot about the conclusive source of this information that is what's written on social media ?

Cant believe this thread still going on and on !
Hes gone and its not like he was a key position like halfback was just a winger
What also amazes me is the huge number of people that actually know every word he said or thought .Given I had no bugs in the dressing room I don't have a clue what he said to
who ? Oh wait I forgot about the conclusive source of this information that is what's written on social media ?
People are still talking about Brooks and he checked out about 6 years ago.

We were actually going alright. And then news broke on a Sunday morning that a board meeting had been called that night on Potter’s future. Naturally we came out that day and got pumped. I don‘t think we won another game that season.
Was that the Bulldogs game, didn’t we thump ‘em?

Was that the Bulldogs game, didn’t we thump ‘em?
Think that was the week before, cos we were beginning to get on a roll. It was the Dragons who thumped us that day. It was a disgraceful, dog act by the board. The timing of it killed our season.

Back