Adam Doueihi #227

I think it would be his best option. Commit to becoming a ball playing 13, has all the skills required in attack to shine in that role.

I don't know if he has it in to really commit to that though.
Sorry C but don’t see him as a 13 at all. Dont think he’s got the heart or desire, or defensive capabilities for that position. As I’ve said a couple times previously I see him more as a Mark Gasnier type right centre with Olam on the left side.
That would be the only place I’d consider for AD, but if Toa starts playing some consistent footy then I’d say AD will be off to SL.

Sorry C but don’t see him as a 13 at all. Dont think he’s got the heart or desire, or defensive capabilities for that position. As I’ve said a couple times previously I see him more as a Mark Gasnier type right centre with Olam on the left side.
That would be the only place I’d consider for AD, but if Toa starts playing some consistent footy then I’d say AD will be off to SL.
I agree with this mate, he could do it in attack but not in defence. I don't know if he could do the tough yards with the ball either.

Luckless Tigers star targets NRL return amid positive injury update.

Martin Gabor from Nca Newswire
February 9th, 2024 3:15 pm

Injured Wests Tigers playmaker Adam Doueihi doesn’t want to put an exact timeline on when he might return from his third ACL tear, but the Lebanese international is quietly optimistic he’ll be back playing by July as he continues to tick off significant milestones in his recovery.

There was a flat feeling around Accor Stadium last season when the talented 25-year-old landed awkwardly and stayed down in the final 10 minutes of a game against the Eels on April 10, with everyone at the venue hoping it wasn’t what it looked like.

But scans confirmed the worst, with Doueihi suffering his third ACL tear, with this one set to rule him out for 12-16 months after surgery.
1707453765120.png
“It’s always tough, especially being my third one,” he said almost 12 months after he signed a one-year extension for the 2024 season.

“I know just how physically and emotionally draining it can be on you through the rehab process, so you do have some days where you’re by yourself and you overthink stuff in your head.

“But I’ve been really good this time around. I know what to expect and I know what it takes to come back.

“I’m about 30 weeks post-op and I feel like I’m getting better every week.

“As long as I keep winning every day and every week, I know there’s a clear path to me getting back and returning to my best footy.”

The Tigers star has been running for two months and trained away from the main group on Thursday morning alongside John Bateman, who had minor clean-out surgery in the off-season.
Doueihi has resumed training but is still months away from an NRL return. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
Doueihi has resumed training but is still months away from an NRL return. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images Source: Getty Images

“I’ve had no hiccups on the field and I’m just taking everything slower and more relaxed this time around,” Doueihi said.

“Everything is going to schedule and it’s looking good.

“It’s massive for any rehab player when you start to tick off these goals.

“When you suffer a long-term injury like I’ve done a few times now, it does help when you tick off those hurdles like starting to run again, changing direction and doing reactive stuff.”

Doueihi has played just 87 NRL games in six seasons and is due some luck, with the versatile playmaker showing just how good he can be with nine tries in 2021 before he injured his knee against Cronulla.

That kept him out for roughly 10 months, but there’s no way he’ll be back so soon this time around, with Doueihi willing to play it safe if it lessens the chance of doing any more damage.
There will be a competition for spots when he does return. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
There will be a competition for spots when he does return. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images Source: Getty Images

“I haven’t looked at any game where I might return,” he said.

“We’ve been talking about a mid-season return around July.

“Whether it’s earlier than that or not, I’m not really fussed because I just want to make sure that I do everything I can to make it 110 per cent strong because this is the third time I’ve done it.

“I want to make sure I come back knowing there’s no reason it should go again.”

Gotta wonder what this dude is thinking at the moment, wanting that fullback and halves money lol

Current fullback and halves firing better than he ever has.

Huge depth in the halves
Sullivan
Sezer
Galvin
Fainu
Rommy 2025

I cant see any place for him in the team even at 14?

3 bench spots to forwards and the number 14 to TDS/Simpkin/Bud

Last edited:
Gotta wonder what this dude is thinking at the moment, wanting that fullback and halves money lol

Huge depth in the halves
Sullivan
Sezer
Galvin
Fainu
Rommy 2025

Yeah, he is in the poop. Should have knuckled down and focused on grabbing a centre position when he had the chance. It was his only hope.

Is anyone sure of his contract situation? I’ve heard he is off contract this year but also that he is signed for next. James Graham podcast said he is here next year?

Last edited:
Is anyone sure of his contract situation? I’ve heard he is off contract this year but also that he is signed for next. James Graham podcast said he is her next year?
He’s getting the chop?

I walked past him on Wednesday in the city. He's a big fella. Has a decent frame to build on. If I were him I'd be hitting the gym and trying to become a ball playing lock.

His tenure here will eventually be seen as what could have been. Was captain in waiting. Injuries crueled him.

His tenure here will eventually be seen as what could have been. Was captain in waiting. Injuries crueled him.
Yes injuries have given this poor guy grief , I think we may keep him but at a very reduced price , I don’t think any club will pay big dollars for a risky signing like he is now , but also we may just let him go and go risk free and get another player upgraded or purchased

do we need a 7 in NSW cup? As high as I can see his bread rising

Huge depth in the halves
Sullivan
Sezer
Galvin
Fainu
Rommy 2025

Simpkin will be released and you have Bud ahead in the pecking order? How so? He still has everything to prove.

Simpkin will be released and you have Bud ahead in the pecking order? How so? He still has everything to prove.
And Doueihi has nothing to prove??

Fair dinkum - he proved before his injury that he is not NRL standard... and now needs to prove that his body can even stand up to park footy after the latest injury!

Bud is contracted for 2025 - Doueihi is NOT!!

And Doueihi has nothing to prove??

Fair dinkum - he proved before his injury that he is not NRL standard... and now needs to prove that his body can even stand up to park footy after the latest injury!

Bud is contracted for 2025 - Doueihi is NOT!!
He's proved more then Bud, which is my point. What has Bud done to even be in the conversation looking forward.

Back