Adam Doueihi #227

Some footballers do toughen up quite a bit in their mid to late twenties, so not beyond the realms of possibility that he could toughen up and really stiffen up his defence moving forward.
I think it would be his best option. Commit to becoming a ball playing 13, has all the skills required in attack to shine in that role.

I don't know if he has it in to really commit to that though.

I think it would be his best option. Commit to becoming a ball playing 13, has all the skills required in attack to shine in that role.

Well it could likely cost him 2 million plus in lost earnings if he doesn’t toughen up and make a big improvement in his defence.
Defence is a mindset after all and you would think earning an extra 2 million plus out your rugby league career would be enough inspiration to make the necessary improvement.

Well it could likely cost him 2 million plus in lost earnings if he doesn’t toughen up and make a big improvement in his defence.
Defence is a mindset after all and you would think earning an extra 2 million plus out your rugby league career would be enough inspiration to make the necessary improvement.
You also have to realise that is a problem.

Young Blokes These Days,
- Can't be told, And can't see the forest for the Trees moist of 'em
Why wouldn't you make the move,
And make a fist of it when your opportunities are non-existent where you are,
And the possibilities are endless if you make a fist of a move....

He could be Cameron Murray at Lock - If he'd just get it done....

Story of one Young Fella that could see the writing on the wall a few years back....
Didn't let his pride get in the way of what was best for the team, His development - And making a go of it....
Kid played AFL - Not much more than a reserve grader to be fair...

One off season the Club he was at, Recruited heavily in his position (In the backs)
- All quality Players.
Young fella went to the coaching staff, and asked to be moved to the Forwards in reserve grade
- Seeing how well stacked they were in the backs....
Knew if he was any chance at Firsts, He'd have to change position, And go well there....

Killed it that year in Reserves, Despite never playing that position.
Won the equivalent of the Dally M (For AFL Reserve Grade)

2 Weeks out from Finals, A forward goes down in Firsts...
- He gets called up after a good showing in reserves, 6 Goals....
Next Week, 5 Goals = Finals.....

Kills it for the next few weeks and despite the guys he was filling in for coming back in the side
toward the pointy end, Kept his spot in the side....
Went right through and won the comp.

The next year, He went back to reserves - Shifted clubs a bit and eventually retired....
Not bad for a reserve grader...

Reckon he's got any regrets?
For mine, These young blokes can be boofheads and try tell you what's the best for them,
Because life was easy for them there in U12's....
Or could dose up on a bit of reality, Pick a Lane, and give it a red hot crack.

Matterson left Parramatta, Because Arthur told him he was a back rower - and he told them he was a half....
Went to the Roosters, Won the comp as a back rower
- Came to Tigers - Best Player as a Back Rower
- Back at Parra, Grand Finals and Origin in the Back Row....

Writings on the Wall for AD - Hopefully, He reads it right....

Young Blokes These Days,
- Can't be told, And can't see the forest for the Trees moist of 'em
Why wouldn't you make the move,
And make a fist of it when your opportunities are non-existent where you are,
And the possibilities are endless if you make a fist of a move....

He could be Cameron Murray at Lock - If he'd just get it done....
Not having a go at you Batboy, but he could never be a Cameron Murray, but then again not many can. The kind of workload is not just attitudinal but is also intrinsic. its in you or its not and Murrays work is incredible whereas Doueihi has shown he can rarely be bothered to chase. They are at opposite ends of the work spectrum and IMO there is no way of breaching that gap.

Not having a go at you Batboy, but he could never be a Cameron Murray, but then again not many can. The kind of workload is not just attitudinal but is also intrinsic. its in you or its not and Murrays work is incredible whereas Doueihi has shown he can rarely be bothered to chase. They are at opposite ends of the work spectrum and IMO there is no way of breaching that gap.
I agree - probably worded it poorly…
AD has the size and skill to be a world class 13, was what I was meaning…

Has always lacked the desire to be much of anything for mine, to be fair…

Douehi's progression as a footy player has been largely hampered by significant injury - physically and probably mentally . Whether he progresses any further in any position will depend on if his body is able to respond to the demands without breaking down again - which based on history must come with a level of doubt.

Some footballers do toughen up quite a bit in their mid to late twenties, so not beyond the realms of possibility that he could toughen up and really stiffen up his defence moving forward.
Yea, but that's a miracle shot.

I mean look at Josh Reynolds, when he played for the Bulldogs he was known as one of the toughest 5/8's in the comp. Joined us, sure he tried but his 'toughness' and defense went backwards.

Improvement also doesn't work like that. Maybe Doueihi may slightly improve in defense, he will also loose some speed as he gets older... SO WHAT. A slight improvement does not bring him to NRL standard. Doueihi defends worse then most players.

The only player I have seen really improve in defense has been Luke Brooks. He went from being "turnstyle" to actually a personally solidish tackler for a NR7. Ashame other areas of his game could not develop.

Rip the bandaid off. Doueihi is honestly better off packing his bags for Superleague.

Never say never for AD.

If he signs for a minimum 1 year extension until he establishes himself again, I think we would take him on. Would be very handy in the top 30 and you need some players on base wage.

I hope he manages to get on the field at some point this year.

May be looking at a train and trial deal in 2025 if he doesn't.

Never say never for AD.

If he signs for a minimum 1 year extension until he establishes himself again, I think we would take him on. Would be very handy in the top 30 and you need some players on base wage.

Have you seen the top 30?
It’s full of kids already (more than likely on base wages) if he signs again here - it won’t be for less than 200k

Back