Vale Norm Provan

A great of the game - true legend. It's about time the NRL and the bosses of clubs reconsidered allowing the Trophy to be left in the hands of players during GF celebrations. They lack a certain understanding of respect when they are sober, so have no hope when under the influence of alcohol.

My cousin Marge Hewitt, oldest sister to Norm Provan died last week.
Her funeral was a quiet one, RSL draped her coffin with nat flag.
A beautiful lady.
She's gone to be with Sticks and Pete, only Donald and Rupert remain.

• Sad
Reactions: BZN
@cobarcats said in [Vale Norm Provan](/post/1521692) said:
A beautiful lady.

Condolences to you and the family and friends.

@demps said in [Vale Norm Provan](/post/1521694) said:
@cobarcats said in [Vale Norm Provan](/post/1521692) said:
A beautiful lady.

Condolences to you and the family and friends.

Thankyou Demps, we appreciate it.
I'll pass yours and other kind members regards who have posted condolences on here to Norm's family and relatives.
Especially to Marge's nephew who's a rugby league fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BZN
My cousin Norm Provan honoured tonight in Dragons v Panthers game.
The Dragons will celebrate the life and career of St George legend Norm Provan against the current holders of the Provan-Summons trophy with a tribute and plaque unveiling dedicated to one of rugby league's greatest and most loved immortal.
The No. 9 Red V jersey that Provan made famous has been retired for Round 2.
As part of their tribute to Immortal Norm Provan, who died in October, the Dragons have retired the No.9 jersey he made famous in the 1950s and ’60s for their first home game since his passing. Starting hooker Andrew McCullough will wear the No.19 jersey instead.
I can tell you if Norm was still alive he would accept this recognition with humility.
He was a very private person and was often embarrassed by all the attention he would receive.
He would deflect attention away from himself and steer it towards Mark Shulman and Johnny Raper also being remembered during the game.

RUPERT PROVAN
Sad news for me to learn that my cousin Rupert Provan has passed away aged 94
Oldest brother to League Immortal Norm Provan and Balmain Captain Peter Provan.
Rupert never played football, however he did say to me one day that someone had to have the brains in the family.
The Provan family and extended families are doing it tough after Rupert's eldest sister Marge also passed away recently.
I'm going to the funeral next week so I'll pass on the WT Forum member's regards as Rupert loved the Tigers.
The Provan's [name] have given significant war service to this country
Lest We Forget
red-poppies-at-sunset-ina-hensel.jpg

RUPERT PROVAN
Sad news for me to learn that my cousin Rupert Provan has passed away aged 94
Oldest brother to League Immortal Norm Provan and Balmain Captain Peter Provan.
Rupert never played football, however he did say to me one day that someone had to have the brains in the family.
The Provan family and extended families are doing it tough after Rupert's eldest sister Marge also passed away recently.
I'm going to the funeral next week so I'll pass on the WT Forum member's regards as Rupert loved the Tigers.
The Provan's [name] have given significant war service to this country
Lest We Forget
View attachment 1223
So sorry for your loss mate. A sad and difficult time , I can’t imagine the pain you and your family must be going through.

Members online

Back