Save Leichhardt Oval

I can’t imagine Belmore is in much better shape than Leichhardt. Renovated it’s probably an attractive ground for Sydney FC and the Waratahs to play some games. I can’t imagine it’s financially or logistically beneficial for those two to play all but a few games at whatever they call the SFS these days. The Rah Rahs would be lucky to hit 10k most weeks surely.

I went there as a kid with my old man. Him and my brothers were Tigers supporters but I was a Magpie. If the Tigers were down by 2 points at half time my dad would want to go home because "there's no way they can win". We'd have to talk him into staying. I still laugh with my brothers about it
My fam only went only for the Magpies. (And now the Tigers). Nana Buttface would have a little chat with any black sheep and you would’ve seen the light. You don’t go against the Fam and therefore the Magpies.

Move South West and have a endless talent pool in a few years.
Any redevelopment of LO will be challenged by the neighborhood in Lilyfield and will drag on like the Balmain leagues club did. By then it too will be in ruin.
Heart says yes but brain says no.

I went there as a kid with my old man. Him and my brothers were Tigers supporters but I was a Magpie. If the Tigers were down by 2 points at half time my dad would want to go home because "there's no way they can win". We'd have to talk him into staying. I still laugh with my brothers about it
So the merge would have been bittersweet till 2005 for your mob, but the GF with the greatest GF try, from the greatest Benji ever, must have bought you all together? Were you all watching it together? Your old man must’ve been getting antsy when the cowgirls were in front.
My best mate grew up a Tiger it’s good to cheer the same team with him.
This has given me a thought for a new thread, where were you when the Tigers won the 2005 GF? And any stories anyone has about their GF winning day.
I don’t know how to start threads?🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BZN
That’s a good point. It’s not being played out of every week, so it makes the case for an upgrade hard to sell.
Unless we’re moving in permanently, otherwise we need a SFS of the West to make our home. This is why I always thought the COE being at Concord was hedging our bets. We need a home to play out of that is not a joke.

Reactions: BZN
Back