LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
Pretty sure Farah is our attacking coach and was last year as well, time for him to go. I'll never understand for the life of me why when were 10 points down with 10 to go we either just take a hit up or pass the ball sideline to sideline in hope. Noone thinks to just follow the ball carrier straight through the middle.
Agreed. I’ve said it to myself it every week for the last 10 years! We’ve scored some terrific tries when we do it. Why not one every game?

I thought bula minus two brain farts was much better today. No strapping and faster. Made some dumb rookie errors but clearly our best attacking threat
I agree he showed good signs tonight and Papali’i was looking great at 13 before injuries upended that plan.

It's very easy to see the problems we are facing as a club. I'm getting very tired of hating reading about how crap the Tigers are all the time. I am always guilty of looking for the positives.

Papali'i was very effective at #13. Actually, the best individual performance at #13 from a Tigers player all season.

Sullivan was reasonably good. He's a player with flaws. But he did enough to be an effective player today.

Api is so much better at defence than I ever gave him credit for.

Samuela Fainu will really benefit from having players inside him that can create some space. Very imposing body type that likes contact. I'm very excited to see his development.

Bula was probably as good in attack this week as we have seen. The more involved he gets, the better we look. He is clearly an important cog going forward for us.

For all the whining, we got beaten based off a few small parts- the injuries to To'a & then Bateman caused reshuffles that never let the team settle. Naden, Sullivan & Staines were asked to contain 2 hard running opponents are are incapable of doing so. If better defensive players are in their positions- I think we win.

I think we really missed Bateman on the edge when he went off. It will be interesting to see who replaces him if his pec injury is bad.

As a team, the Tigers don't seem capable of maintaining momentum. I'm going to assume this is due to inexperience in too many spine players at this stage. I expect Luai will go some way to helping with that.

We played Faatape early in the season. Put him back in. His defence was solid. Naden is an incomplete player, Faatape is the better option. It might be time to play Kepaoa on that wing now..

Galvin is starting to look ineffective. Not being critical. But Benji could even look at moving him into Naden's centre spot & having Faatape outside him, and playing Latu Fainu when fit. I thoroughly believe Galvin will be most effective playing an edge, using his height & length to create mismatches. I still think he's a second rower in the making- similar to what Schuster SHOULD be.

Matamua on the bench for mine. And let Simpkin play some #13 as well as #9. Or even on the edge as a defensive guy. What Simpkin DOESN'T do is play badly, or dumb. I think he could be converted into a Cam McGuiness type.

I had very high hopes for Pole this year. Last couple of games have made me less excited. Twal was ok today & Seyfarth was actually competing hard. We just lack any real impact, which makes our starters less effective as a whole.

I agree it’s hard to explain why a third of the way through an NRL season we still attack like headless chooks and the coaching staff have to take some blame for this along with plenty of questionable interchange decisions, but we clearly don’t have the playing talent to be a decent team.
That’s why it’s baffling we didn’t go all in for Zac Lomax when he’s as available and why it’s baffling if Richo sticks to what he’s stated about very limited recruiting heading into next season.
Papali’i to 13 looked to be a success, but our cupboard bare in the outside backs and we have no depth in the forwards.
How can the team improve no matter who the coach is until we recruit to rectify these major roster issues ?
This is spot on. The other relevant point to this is I wouldn’t be surprised if our salary cap is stretched, especially with Luai coming next year on $1.2m. Which affects recruitment. There’s a lot of players not performing to what they are being paid and therefore are on “overs”. Examples:
Stef - $550k? No.
Klemmer - $800k. No.
Bateman - $650k. No.
Ice - $600k. No
Sullivan - $500k. No.
Staines - $400k. No.
Bula - $700k. No.
You’ll notice our starting forward pack is in there.

Id written off Bud,but apart from the odd missed tackle he created a few opportunities which actually led to tries
Need to persevere a bit
He had his best game by far. Set up each try. Great to see. Still Liability in Defence. Arm grabs. Next to Naden and Best had a field day. Last try more Galvin but Bud was best today in offense

It's very easy to see the problems we are facing as a club. I'm getting very tired of hating reading about how crap the Tigers are all the time. I am always guilty of looking for the positives.

Papali'i was very effective at #13. Actually, the best individual performance at #13 from a Tigers player all season.

Sullivan was reasonably good. He's a player with flaws. But he did enough to be an effective player today.

Samuela Fainu will really benefit from having players inside him that can create some space. Very imposing body type that likes contact. I'm very excited to see his development.

Bula was probably as good in attack this week as we have seen. The more involved he gets, the better we look. He is clearly an important cog going forward for us.

For all the whining, we got beaten based off a few small parts- the injuries to To'a & then Bateman caused reshuffles that never let the team settle. Naden, Sullivan & Staines were asked to contain 2 hard running opponents are are incapable of doing so. If better defensive players are in their positions- I think we win.

I think we really missed Bateman on the edge when he went off. It will be interesting to see who replaces him if his pec injury is bad.

As a team, the Tigers don't seem capable of maintaining momentum. I'm going to assume this is due to inexperience in too many spine players at this stage. I expect Luai will go some way to helping with that.

We played Faatape early in the season. Put him back in. His defence was solid. Naden is an incomplete player, Faatape is the better option. It might be time to play Kepaoa on that wing now..

Galvin is starting to look ineffective. Not being critical. But Benji could even look at moving him into Naden's centre spot & having Faatape outside him, and playing Latu Fainu when fit. I thoroughly believe Galvin will be most effective playing an edge, using his height & length to create mismatches. I still think he's a second rower in the making- similar to what Schuster SHOULD be.

Matamua on the bench for mine. And let Simpkin play some #13 as well as #9. Or even on the edge as a defensive guy. What Simpkin DOESN'T do is play badly, or dumb. I think he could be converted into a Cam McGuiness type.

I had very high hopes for Pole this year. Last couple of games have made me less excited. Twal was ok today & Seyfarth was actually competing hard. We just lack any real impact, which makes our starters less effective as a whole.
I dare say if you're sick of whining I would stay off the live game thread of a team who have won all of 6 games in 2 and a half seasons.

Of course there are good things. Individually there are some good players there and I agree with your positives, but fans are sick of watching the team lose in similar ways week in, week out. Who can blame them? Maybe whining isnt constructive, but its not an illogical response given the rubbish consistently dished up.

This, pretty close to spot on

Back