LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
Really good game from Sullivan, Papalii and Fainu. Papalii looks very good at 13 and when we stop shooting ourselves in the foot he might have an impact and lift our forwards a little.

Stefano had his now standard lethargic match.

Wow, Pole defensively was absolutely atrocious. Not simply missed tackle but almost seemed to be avoiding tackling altogether. Shocking from him.

Our outside backs, bar Olam, are terrible. Feel like the rest of the team was looking okay. Obviously Naden was hopeless.

Footy IQ is just so low across the field. Bula, Staines, Naden, Sullivan (not today), Bateman, Klemmer, Pole, seyfarth just always stuffing up throughout a game to kill us.

I was never a fan of Benji's appointment but far too early to blame him and Api, Luai, turuva all signing under him is big endorsement and demonstrates pulling power we've never had from a coach before.
I never knew Sullivan was playing till the 20th minute. Looked good in mediocrity.

We lose a starting centre just as he's about to score, the edge that replaces him gets injured as well, we've got a bench hooker playing on an edge... zero lucky breaks and still only lose by a converted try. It's not time to slash your wrists just yet.
I agree. There’s some signs of hope, such as how Papal’i was playing at 13 before being shuffled. I thought early in the game Bateman was going really well until Toa’s injury seen him move to centre where he was caught out in defence a couple of times. Bula looked like a real threat every time he had the ball. We ended up with 12 on the field for 10 minutes, we were down to two players on the bench and we still only lost by a converted try. Tigers of last year would of ended up 20+ behind.

We have the spoon in the bag once again. You have to ask yourself, what team are we actually going to beat between now and the end of the year. We might get lucky and get a battler on a bad day but even than we would need a ton of luck.

Our attention to detail and our ability to carry out the basic fundamentals of the game are atrocious. Newcastle were bog average and we were some distance below them.

Iam over his mob, when they actually show some ticker , brains and spirit I might show some interest.
Mate, we'll turn it on for one game against one of the heavyweights and all our serial non-performers will get contract extensions.

I agree. There’s some signs of hope, such as how Papal’i was playing at 13 before being shuffled. I thought early in the game Bateman was going really well until Toa’s injury seen him move to centre where he was caught out in defence a couple of times. Bula looked like a real threat every time he had the ball. We ended up with 12 on the field for 10 minutes, we were down to two players on the bench and we still only lost by a converted try. Tigers of last year would of ended up 20+ behind.
Where was Toa's replacement? Bateman. Great call Benji. Sheenius

Richo should get on the blower to Bennet and do whatever it takes to get him down here and coach for the next 10 years...Benji doesn't seem to have made any difference to this team and the way they play....they seem under coached
Totally agree, love Benji as a person but this is business. Offer Bennet 5x years , more security than south’s offer and more $$$. Honestly they want supporters to stick solid but this line is wearing thin.

Some signs of hope???? We have a bye next round??

We lose a starting centre just as he's about to score, the edge that replaces him gets injured as well, we've got a bench hooker playing on an edge... zero lucky breaks and still only lose by a converted try. It's not time to slash your wrists just yet.
Where do you honestly see the improvement coming from?

The inevitable is now becoming quite transparent...Benji isnt gonna cut it
Another year lost..plus probably next year as well
Fortunately Richo is a lot smarter than most of us on here,an am sure hes on it ..somehow..?
Richo has signed on to stay at the Tigers. I have no doubt he has some major things lined up. He didnt want to come in kicking over cans on a 3 month contract. Stopped the media leaks, He axed dickhead Lee and Brydons (framed that Lee left us), and changed some other sponsors, he has been active in player signings and retention and im sure the coach issue is on his very large menu. Richo doesnt do mediocre. Benji would be on notice, kept quiet but on notice.

The inevitable is now becoming quite transparent...Benji isnt gonna cut it
Another year lost..plus probably next year as well
Fortunately Richo is a lot smarter than most of us on here,an am sure hes on it ..somehow..?
Benji needed Sheens to hold his hand. The fact Sheens is no longer here doesn’t change this.
Get Bennett to help him.

Richo has signed on to stay at the Tigers. I have no doubt he has some major things lined up. He didnt want to come in kicking over cans on a 3 month contract. Stopped the media leaks, He axed dickhead Lee and Brydons, and changed some other sponsors, he has been active in player signings and retention and im sure the coach issue is on his very large menu. Richo doesnt do mediocre. Benji would be on notice, kept quiet but on notice.
i completely respect what your saying, but personally i don't agree. He so far has been running the shop with a complete focus on money and business over footy. In reality, the better footy we play the better the tigers would do as an organisation. I also don't think he would do anything about benji as well

i completely respect what your saying, but personally i don't agree. He so far has been running the shop with a complete focus on money and business over footy. In reality, the better footy we play the better the tigers would do as an organisation. I also don't think he would do anything about benji as well
Hes been here 5 mins and already made huge inroads. Lets revisit this post in 2 years.

He so far has been running the shop with a complete focus on money and business over footy

Hence our results

Back