LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
We lose a starting centre just as he's about to score, the edge that replaces him gets injured as well, we've got a bench hooker playing on an edge... zero lucky breaks and still only lose by a converted try. It's not time to slash your wrists just yet.

Players who don’t perform and cost the team any chance of winning games need to be paid out and moved on and replaced by some of the multiple players who would give anything for an NRL opportunity.
The ruthless approach is the only way to find players who will do their job properly, being too loyal has been effecting the teams results badly.

Honestly, there was a few times wests got the 50/50 calls.
No complaints in the 2nd half. First half was all Newcastle apart from Papi getting away with a trip - lucky not to be binned
What other teams put themselves in danger off the back of a great kick that should result in the opposition being hemmed in on their own line.?

Reactions: BZN
Best game by Sullivan so far.
All 25 mins of it
Players who don’t perform and cost the team any chance of winning games need to be paid out and moved on and replaced by some of the multiple players who would give anything for an NRL opportunity.
The ruthless approach is the only way to find players who will do their job properly, being too loyal has been effecting the teams results badly.
Or get a real coach

We have the spoon in the bag once again. You have to ask yourself, what team are we actually going to beat between now and the end of the year. We might get lucky and get a battler on a bad day but even than we would need a ton of luck.

Our attention to detail and our ability to carry out the basic fundamentals of the game are atrocious. Newcastle were bog average and we were some distance below them.

Iam over his mob, when they actually show some ticker , brains and spirit I might show some interest.

Call me crazy but I don’t see the improvement under Benji’s coaching. Our defence is still crap and our ummm what’s that other thing….where you actually attack the other team’s try line, I think it’s called attack but we don’t seem to believe in that.

WT attack and organisation in general has been even worse this season, and I have long had enough of hearing about getting our defence right. Take the Cronulla match out and we are only scoring a dozen points each weekend.

No chance of winning with these attacking numbers.

Richo should get on the blower to Bennet and do whatever it takes to get him down here and coach for the next 10 years...Benji doesn't seem to have made any difference to this team and the way they play....they seem under coached
a player in the bin the last 3 games
that is all on coaching

That’s why we needed Flanagan over bunji! We get owned every week in the ruck, we are pathetic in this area. Today the crap ref again let all the knights play the CNN ball of the mark, it was continuously it was that obvious! Watch the game again and u will see, when Sullivan and Klemmer held their marker spot the knights played the ball on these players. Which had their arms in the air!
1) the refs useless pieces of shite, for being oblivious to the knights w as l king off the mark all game!! Before the second knights try seyfarth hit a Shepard runner as knights ran around this runner, right in front of the ref! What a surprise he did nothing.
2) I blame the captain for not exposing this play to the piss poor refs.
3) I blame bunji for being a softcock and not teaching his team to hold the marker line. Instilling in the team to be tuffer, but it’s not bunji style!!!
Until we control the ruck we are headed for the soon again.
P.s glad we took a home game against a country tess as m tho a country destination, top work idiots!!

Really good game from Sullivan, Papalii and Fainu. Papalii looks very good at 13 and when we stop shooting ourselves in the foot he might have an impact and lift our forwards a little.

Stefano had his now standard lethargic match.

Wow, Pole defensively was absolutely atrocious. Not simply missed tackle but almost seemed to be avoiding tackling altogether. Shocking from him.

Our outside backs, bar Olam, are terrible. Feel like the rest of the team was looking okay. Obviously Naden was hopeless.

Footy IQ is just so low across the field. Bula, Staines, Naden, Sullivan (not today), Bateman, Klemmer, Pole, seyfarth just always stuffing up throughout a game to kill us.

I was never a fan of Benji's appointment but far too early to blame him and Api, Luai, turuva all signing under him is big endorsement and demonstrates pulling power we've never had from a coach before.

Been saying this for years, until players week in, week out are held accountable and dropped for shit performance the culture will never change, it doesn't have to. however the mediocre acceptance you get every week is mind jarring. You can go back through just this thread alone and see the Stockholm Syndrome some fans are suffering from. The classic, 'who else do we put in there' is the tell. Instead of saying dump the rot and give anyone a try, a witches hat or a star post would have done no worse than Naden today.

We have the spoon in the bag once again. You have to ask yourself, what team are we actually going to beat between now and the end of the year. We might get lucky and get a battler on a bad day but even than we would need a ton of luck.

Our attention to detail and our ability to carry out the basic fundamentals of the game are atrocious. Newcastle were bog average and we were some distance below them.

Iam over his mob, when they actually show some ticker , brains and spirit I might show some interest.
titans are looking better than us, and i highly doubt souths are going to be any worse with latrell, we are (wooden) spoon feeding ourselves 17th place. Are we on paper the worst team. No. Are we the most unlucky team? No. Do we have the worst luck with injuries? No. Are we stupid? Yes

Back