OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

Our 1st NRL Trial is on Thursday 9th Feb. We have been told that most 1st Graders aren't playing so that leaves about 13 lower-tier NRL guys and some KOE dudes to play in just 5 days. Who thought that this Bunnie's bash was a good idea? Flegg Kids? Actually, I think there are like 28 players in the 1st Trial with a heap of interchanges available. So again, I ask what was the point of today's Bunnie's bash?

Last edited:
Our 1st NRL Trial is on Thursday 9th Feb. We have been told that most 1st Graders aren't playing so that leaves about 13 lower-tier NRL guys and some KOE dudes to play in just 5 days. Who thought that this Bunnie's bash was a good idea? Flegg Kids? Actually, I think there are like 28 players in the 1st Trial with a heap of interchanges available. So again, I ask what was the point of today's Bunnie's bash?
If you're worrying about this then I reckon the club has planned for this and has it under control

I am only guessing but i would imagine there would have been a lot guys being trialled who won't even come close to getting on the park for KOE. Magpies don't have a Ron Massey cup side this year so i would think a few of those players would be getting a run in early trials.

Just to get the wind in their lungs
Plenty of teams have won 3 from 3 at the start of season after losing trials
Not nrl stats just country football observations

I wasn’t there, and haven't seen the team lists - but while we had to be under strength, I read someone on a Magpies page who said Souths also didn’t field anyone in their top 30 🤔

I wasn’t there, and haven't seen the team lists - but while we had to be under strength, I read someone on a Magpies page who said Souths also didn’t field anyone in their top 30 🤔
Mmmm…not good.

Didn't look like we did either.

I saw one video from social media and could see Ma'anaima, Houston, Livai Saukuru, Ngutlik etc.

Hopefully they'll be a lot stronger with To'a, Kepaoa, Simpkins, Matamua, Ngatikaura, Tupou etc. in the side.

The AFLW was well received in its initial year however received a reasonable drop in social media engagement in 2022. Was this due to the novelty wearing off or was it due to the lack of quality of the games? Only 7000 people watched their GF, which saw a combined 34 points scored. It’s a poor product.

Likewise, the NRLW may be improving but it’s quality level currently will not sustain it. Most Harold Mathews teams would win that comp if they were in it. You’ve got to be careful deciding what to promote and what not to.
Whilst I'm not a fan of the ladies game, at least yet, I think it is an evolving product that over time may improve.
Living in Melbourne there are interesting comparisons, lots of hype and publicity but games are not really selling it.
Looks like its here to say so hopefully it builds.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the ladies game, at least yet, I think it is an evolving product that over time may improve.
Living in Melbourne there are interesting comparisons, lots of hype and publicity but games are not really selling it.
Looks like its here to say so hopefully it builds.
I’d have to say that the first year was very poor quality but I think it has gotten better . Obviously getting more coaching as passes are hitting their mark as well as runners being in the right place at the right time
It will probably stay at current quality while extra teams are coming in though

Back