Live music - Bands you have seen/Are planning to see

Totally Agree. Plus near public transport.
My first concert was the Entertainment Centre - The Eurythmics in 1986.
Great vibes and sound quality
Eurythmics were a good band. For a tiny little thing Annie had a powerful voice. Her and David Bowie singing Under Pressure at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was great.

I have seen ACDC, The Angels, The Divinyls, INXS, The Cochroaches, MattFinish, Madness, Swannee, The Radiators, Mental As Anything, The Choir Boys and others I was probably too drunk to remember.

Jealous of you getting to see Concrete Blonde mate, what a voice Johnette had.....one of the best IMO. That gig would of been superb, where/when did you see them?

Concrete Blonde supported Hunters and Collectors at Selinas. Johnette voice was brilliant. Year 1991.

Last edited:
I remember when I was 17, I fell massively for The Doors. Was the closest thing I ever had to a religious experience. About six months later, they announced a tour with Ian Astbury from The Cult on vocals. At the same time Velvet Revolver announced a show for the same night. So i had to make a choice, and I couldn’t pass up Velvet Revolver (loudest sound i have ever heard in my life btw. I was about 20 feet from the stage and when they came on, it felt like my head exploded. My ears were ringing for 5 days after). I did read an interview with Ray Manzerek not long after who said they were planning to tour again in 2007 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Light My Fire, but they never did. So The Doors are the one band that I have never seen that i wish I could go back in time to see. Well, there’s two actually. The other being the New York Dolls. A band who despite two albums with some awesome songs, never really got off the ground.
I saw the Dolls at the Metro, must have been 20 years ago. By the Dolls I mean Johansen and Sylvain but still..
I saw the Ramones a couple of times. Favourite band ever. Saw the first Kiss show in '81 at the old sports ground. Got to see Freddy with Queen at the Ent Cent. Blondie when I was still at school so that must've been '77. Saw Van Halen in Dallas in the early '80's. Madonna at Wembly in '87. All the big ones at the Ent Cent in the '80's: Springsteen, Dire Straits, Mellencamp ( sensational ) ZZTop, Deep Purple.

Back