OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - Official

Brooks poor contract has nothing to do if this contract will prove to be bad or not.

It is very relevant. We spent decent money on a guy for a long long time.

Those questioning Luai's money need only think back to that and ask if we are now in a better place. A place where a quality half controls our destiny not just goes along for the ride and follows the team mood.

What great signing!!!

So much for the forum experts carrying on about Gus and The Bulldogs or those who maintained the Tigers would announce the signing not Luai lmao. On point Wests fans.
I was someone who claimed Luai would not announce it himself. And i have to say how truly devastated and embarrassed I am that I was wrong. Like seriously, humiliating. Im just going to have to make do with the fact he’s actually signed. Oh well.

That presser will go down in infamy. His time here will either be historic or a disaster. Feels like there won’t be any in between. And this presser will set the tone either way.

I know Api was a SOO, Aus rep and back to back premiership winner, but this I think is the biggest marquee signing this club has ever had.

This signing may or may not work out, but have to also give cudos to previous administration who also must have sold the club well.

Lots of things need to go right in getting this and well done to the club in getting this done.

Fingers crossed, this works.

Contract is good, he spoke well.

You look around at who is available and who we could sign coming up and he's way better than anyone out there.

Also think he's better than m Moses and more reliable than Munster, of recent players we missed. Yet to see how he goes as an organising half, if that's what he's going to play, but his fundamentals of kicking, passing, awareness are all excellent.

You're never guaranteed when signing players to big contracts, but he looks as reliable as anyone to gamble on.

Bulldogs, dragons, gold coast, manly have had a scattershot approach to recovery. Out of all of them, we're the ones who have signed an elite half. Not sure if that's good planning or good fortune but this signing is one you build a club around.

Finally, it's brilliant for the image of the club.

Overall pleased with the signing but at the rumoured price I can't be as enthusiastic about it as everyone else.
It's sounds like a lot but considering the significant rises in the cap it is not as big of a chunk as it sounds. It would equate to around 950k under the 2022 cap. I'd expect some further incremental rises in the cap over the coming years too (although not sure if existing contracts are increased to match the rise)

You look around at who is available and who we could sign coming up and he's way better than anyone out there.

Also think he's better than m Moses and more reliable than Munster, of recent players we missed. Yet to see how he goes as an organising half, if that's what he's going to play, but his fundamentals of kicking, passing, awareness are all excellent.

You're never guaranteed when signing players to big contracts, but he looks as reliable as anyone to gamble on.

Bulldogs, dragons, gold coast, manly have had a scattershot approach to recovery. Out of all of them, we're the ones who have signed an elite half. Not sure if that's good planning or good fortune but this signing is one you build a club around.

I get your point but i would much rather we had signed Munster. That would have been an even more epic signing given his status in the game and his clutch big match ability.

All true,

I suppose there are many parts to the equation that got the club to this juncture.

Madge cleaning up our salary cap, Poor Madge at least left no cap baggage unlike Cleary.

Strong balance sheet,

Probable TPAs,

Squeaky clean club image.

Prior administration selecting Benji and commencing negotiations with Luai.

HBG's dissolution of prior administration and seamlessly appointing Richardson as CEO so negotiations weren't disturbed.

Richardson closing the deal.

Now to get him here ASAP.

I get your point but i would much rather we had signed Munster. That would have been an even more epic signing given his status in the game and his clutch big match ability.
I don't trust that Munster would play as well away from Bellamy. He probably has bigger moments in games but I could see him being very average at our club and get into discipline issues and things like that as frustration builds. That's total speculation, but just why I'd prefer Luai as a big contract long-term signing.

So stoked he's a Tiger in 25. If the Olam trade is genuine then I'd expect the club to get that sorted pretty quickly. Still think we will be in the media this year chasing another big fish. We have AFB money laying around, I reckon we are still going to be going crazy in the market with one or two signings for 25 or earlier.

I don't trust that Munster would play as well away from Bellamy. He probably has bigger moments in games but I could see him being very average at our club and get into discipline issues and things like that as frustration builds. That's total speculation, but just why I'd prefer Luai as a big contract long-term signing.
Each to their own but Munster will go down in history as twice the player Luai will be.

I was someone who claimed Luai would not announce it himself. And i have to say how truly devastated and embarrassed I am that I was wrong. Like seriously, humiliating. Im just going to have to make do with the fact he’s actually signed. Oh well.

Are you going to be ok? I'm here if you need to talk ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Back