Ivan Cleary

I think it would bring a tear of joy to my eye to see Penrith flogged by the Nights

I can't remember but can anyone tell me when gus 5 year plan for a premiership started

Must be 6 or 7 years by now and they seem to be in a rebuilding phase again

And a heap of those players that were a part of that glorious plan have left, been moved on or there is talk of moving them on

Moylan
Cartwright
Blake
DWZ
RCG

Any more?

What a shambles

In case you haven't had enough bagging the bus driver..................
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/panthers/panthers-torch-3-million-in-dud-investments-to-go-backwards/news-story/ff94e2be41459c89d9badf0e6134b012

I am finally over Ivan and the hurt he has done to our club...We have finished the year higher on the ladder than Penrith, its clear that many believe that Ivan really can't coach and that Nathan is an over hyped, over priced NRL player - that will do me.

I really don't want to read another Ivan Cleary article. Very happy we ended up with Madge.

Was hilarious to watch Gould push the immediate sacking of brown the other night on TV. You could see how much he was trying to justify what he did to griffen. But man, 4th and you sack the coach? That's just a brain snap.

@tiger05premier said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1058605) said:
I can't remember but can anyone tell me when gus 5 year plan for a premiership started

Must be 6 or 7 years by now and they seem to be in a rebuilding phase again

It is 8 years now, Gould took over in 2012, so this is the 8th season.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/other-sports/news/penrith-panthers-boss-phil-gould-admits-five-year-plan-is-running-five-years-late/1u0b801xmr0vt1qoa17jkyd9qk

@NT_Tiger said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1058609) said:
In case you haven't had enough bagging the bus driver..................
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/panthers/panthers-torch-3-million-in-dud-investments-to-go-backwards/news-story/ff94e2be41459c89d9badf0e6134b012

Another good link at the bottom of that one to a podcast talk about Leichhardt this weekend, plus a nice trip down memory lane, especially for Balmain fans.

Just thought I would add to the lets kick Ivan thread - saw this in Rothfields column today 3/11/2019:

PANTHERS
Miss X, the woman who was paid $50,000 in the Bryce Cartwright abortion scandal in 2017, has been spotted partying with Penrith Panthers star Nathan Cleary and his former teammate Tyrone May in Los Angeles. Miss X was paid by an intermediary to terminate her pregnancy and later slammed Cartwright for his lack of compassion. She posted a photo from a Halloween party with the footballers on her Instagram account.

Daddy might have to keep a tighter rein on junior.

@diedpretty How can they write that the lady was paid $50k to have an abortion in the papers? I remember reading that at the time too. Is there proof? I don't doubt that the scum Panthers did pay her, but that is an absolutely outrageous thing to say and surely they could be sued by the lady for squillions for writing that.

And more importantly, why didn't the NRL Integrity Commission investgate that? Paying a woman to have an abortion to cover up a scandal has to be one or the lowest things imaginable, and I am disappointed that there wasn't a public outcry about it.

Doesn't society care about this? Are women still seen as that much of a lesser being?

@TigerTiger said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1075992) said:
@diedpretty How can they write that the lady was paid $50k to have an abortion in the papers? I remember reading that at the time too. Is there proof? I don't doubt that the scum Panthers did pay her, but that is an absolutely outrageous thing to say and surely they could be sued by the lady for squillions for writing that.

And more importantly, why didn't the NRL Integrity Commission investgate that? Paying a woman to have an abortion to cover up a scandal has to be one or the lowest things imaginable, and I am disappointed that there wasn't a public outcry about it.

Doesn't society care about this? Are women still seen as that much of a lesser being?

Wow just wow . I think you all need to remember these guys are footy players not elected officials running the country and the way they breathe is not a scandal.

For the record , the NRL at the time RIGHTLY said they were not getting involved as was a PRIVATE matter between Cartwright and woman
There was no scandal , was a consensual act . As what happens in these scenarios , both parties may want a abortion to occur or only one party. For whatever reason she allegedly got paid as per media reports.

As for the lowest act imaginable, I heard that a rooster player squeezes the fruit too hard at the local supermarket and puts them back in the pile and then selects another piece. I’m thinking 4 match ban and $50k fine

G'day @Anon-lurker: a good post until the last paragraph Anon.

I feel you were probably trying to lighten the mood of your post somewhat, but in the end, it felt to me you were completely poo-pooing @TigerTiger's post and I don't think that was fair, considering the sensitivities of this matter.

Just an observation Anon...nothing personal against you, OK?

Have a great Christmas :mother_christmas: :christmas_tree: :santa:

@Anon-lurker My take on the matter was that it is the club that paid the lady, that was the picture that was painted, and the club being involved makes it a non-private matter. If whatever happened happened between the two people, and only those two people, then yes it's no one else's business, and not a scandal just one of those things that happens in life. But the minute Penrith the club became involved (assuming they did get involved) it became something so much more.

I don't mean to start a debate upon abortion and such, that will be a massive can of worms which will probably get a bunch of us banned, but for me the club paying hush money to convince a mother to end her unborn baby's life to spare the club a scandal is very very low.

I talked about the NRL being involved as if Penrith the club got involved, then the NRL should have done so to tell them to butt out.

I don't like the outrage culture that has started to arise more frequently these days, I think it's toxic, and apologies if my own words seemed a bit like that. I just don't know where they put the line anymore about what's acceptable - it seems that anything goes.

@TigerTiger said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1076127) said:
@Anon-lurker My take on the matter was that it is the club that paid the lady, that was the picture that was painted, and the club being involved makes it a non-private matter. If whatever happened happened between the two people, and only those two people, then yes it's no one else's business, and not a scandal just one of those things that happens in life. But the minute Penrith the club became involved (assuming they did get involved) it became something so much more.

I don't mean to start a debate upon abortion and such, that will be a massive can of worms which will probably get a bunch of us banned, but for me the club paying hush money to convince a mother to end her unborn baby's life to spare the club a scandal is very very low.

I talked about the NRL being involved as if Penrith the club got involved, then the NRL should have done so to tell them to butt out.

I don't like the outrage culture that has started to arise more frequently these days, I think it's toxic, and apologies if my own words seemed a bit like that. I just don't know where they put the line anymore about what's acceptable - it seems that anything goes.

You'd think that if the woman involved does have the evidence to back this up, a lot of Panthers fans, and especially female Panthers fans would be up in arms about it.

yes it's a private matter for Cartwright and his ex, but once the club becomes involved then it's public......

now there's a player who had potential only to gurgle it away with disastrous life choices.....

@OzLuke said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1076207) said:

You'd think that if the woman involved does have the evidence to back this up, a lot of Panthers fans, and especially female Panthers fans would be up in arms about it.

yes it's a private matter for Cartwright and his ex, but once the club becomes involved then it's public......

now there's a player who had potential only to gurgle it away with disastrous life choices.....

From memory , wasn't Lou Zivanonic involved in some way

@happy_tiger said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1076296) said:

I keep seeing this blokes head & name online for some reason

@innsaneink said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1076306) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Ivan Cleary](/post/1076296) said:

I keep seeing this blokes head & name online for some reason

Yeah Ink , he was a prop for Penrith in the early 80's from memory

I can't remember if he was a manager or family friend of Bryce Cartwright's but the story from memory was he was the go between with the girl and Cartwright and he made the offer of money .....don't quote ....I'm getting older and the memory isn't as good as it was once

Back