Adblue - A looming Crisis?

Anyone have any update on this?
I heard we brought Ad blue from Indonesia.

Supplies are running thin in stores but unsure if the Chicken shortage is related to Ad Blue.

100% idiots in Charge.

@crazycat said in [Adblue \- A looming Crisis?](/post/1521109) said:
Anyone have any update on this?
I heard we brought Ad blue from Indonesia.

Supplies are running thin in stores but unsure if the Chicken shortage is related to Ad Blue.

100% idiots in Charge.

As i understand it, Natural gas is the main component that is used to produce urea for fertilisers and adblue.

Here is something worth considering,

List of countries by natural gas proven reserves, *source: wikipedia*

Proven Reserves (km³)
1 Russia *47,798

13 Australia *3,228

23 Indonesia *1,415

Now the remarkable thing is that, a country like Indonesia can produce enough and export it but our country has much more and even more gas that is to be discovered than Indonesia.

But here is what our main manufacturer (Incitec) has been saying for a long time.
Source: Andrew NorrisUPDATED21 Dec 2021, 6 p.m. Agribusiness

*It said in a statement: "Incitec Pivot Ltd will reluctantly cease manufacturing at its Brisbane-based Gibson Island plant at the end of December, 2022, after exhaustive efforts were unable to secure an affordable long-term gas supply from Australian gas producers"*

Can you believe that, **affordable long-term gas?** Now, Since the govt. Realised that this is a Looming crisis, the govt. made a deal with Incitec and also believe it or not from our underdeveloped neighbour Indonesia to secure these essential supplies but only for the short term, there is still no securements for the long term.

I'll pause and allow you to have your say and judgement.

Reactions: BZN
Dear folks, you must also know this.

You don't even need to worry about an invasion by China and starving to death by the effects of a war with them, because by not learning from his past mistakes Scomo is now determined to starve us to death.

The amount of shame in the past and the damages that this govt. has caused to our country is just Unforgiveable.

The federal government had announced that it will strip its recently applied funds to the Queensland plant (incitec) before the end of the year(2022), meaning supplies of AdBlue could plummet again.

The government’s latest decision is enough to annoy Warren Clark (Natroad ceo)

"We haven’t heard anything whatsoever from the federal government," he says. "The frustrating part is we don’t know if there is any work going on in the background.

"No one has a clue what’s going on."

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Back