3 2 1 vs Knights

Galvin doesn’t make many errors and tries hard.
Apart from that, his game is catch and pass, catch and pass, run sideways, catch and pass.
He actually does F-all.
I’m sorry this upsets some…he is one of the reasons we don’t score enough points.
Agreed.

I suspect Latu Fainu is actually more NRL ready as far as skills go. He just has to get fit enough.

Galvin has talent & needs to play, but for mine- he's an edge guy.

Go through the player roster & find me the other outside back depth to bring in.
Yeah that’s the point there isn’t any. I know that’s what’s in the cupboard but it’s like shuffling between tinned baked beans and curried spaghetti and expecting to feel happy about it.
I don’t see how we can make a change to improve

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Just in all the suffering and pain, how good is Api? Feel like our club doesn't deserve him, he does everything so well with so much effort so consistently and with such skill and leadership. What a player. Thank you Api.
Forced to do too much. Watch closely & see him defending in the middle & then covering missed tackles wider, contesting loose balls like he's a first season rookie.

Yeah that’s the point there isn’t any. I know that’s what’s in the cupboard but it’s like shuffling between tinned baked beans and curried spaghetti and expecting to feel happy about it.
Temper the expectations. The young guys coming through are developing. Without buying a comp- this is how development looks at times.

Forced to do too much. Watch closely & see him defending in the middle & then covering missed tackles wider, contesting loose balls like he's a first season rookie.
We HAVE to put better edge defenders on the field. Watching Api, Bateman & Papali'i trying to cover for Naden, Sullivan, Staines et el every week- this is where defensive lapses happen.

We HAVE to put better edge defenders on the field. Watching Api, Bateman & Papali'i trying to cover for Naden, Sullivan, Staines et el every week- this is where defensive lapses happen.
Agree, although I don't think we establish dominance in the ruck which allows opposition teams a fast switch to our edges. We're almost always backpedalling & this further exposes the outside backs defensive frailties.
I guess my point is that we need better everywhere.
Right now as an academic exercise, I have Api at 9 & Samuela. Galvin & Bula are there somewhere. The rest can go.

Temper the expectations. The young guys coming through are developing. Without buying a comp- this is how development looks at times.
My expectations can’t get any lower and I’ve become a patient man. Following this club will do that to you

Reactions: BZN
Out of date Tuna

He looked buggered tonight as usual …

What was Simpkin’s role again exactly today? I seen him come on with about 15 mins and take a couple of hit ups, one where he got cleaned up

Simpkin’s role was to sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs until after Newcastle had scored the winning try.

I could handle the necessary Bateman to centre change and further resultant temporary shifts when Bula was binned, but not the basically wasting of a middle interchange in leaving Jake benched despite also effectively trialling him in the halves fill in role, when Bateman couldn't return from the break.

Either Api or Simpkin to the halves and Galvin to centre made a lot more sense than what we got for mine, which resulted in tired forwards, outside backs shifting all over the place and a near wasted Simpkin twiddling.

Simpkin’s role was to sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs until after Newcastle had scored the winning try.

I could handle the necessary Bateman to centre change and further resultant temporary shifts when Bula was binned, but not the basically wasting of a middle interchange in leaving Jake benched despite also effectively trialling him in the halves fill in role, when Bateman couldn't return from the break.

Either Api or Simpkin to the halves and Galvin to centre made a lot more sense than what we got for mine, which resulted in tired forwards, outside backs shifting all over the place and a near wasted Simpkin twiddling.
100% another bad call by the inexperienced coach!!

Galvin doesn’t make many errors and tries hard.
Apart from that, his game is catch and pass, catch and pass, run sideways, catch and pass.
He actually does F-all.
I’m sorry this upsets some…he is one of the reasons we don’t score enough points.
Omg Tucker… look at who he has to work with.. these so called centres ( toa ) have no idea how to run into the ball and hit the line,,, a ball playing footballer is only as good as the players that run off him .. Gavin Miller and Cliffy lyons were left looking silly even in games where the support players did not run into the homes they had created or manufactured or whatnot .. Galvin has the skill , but not the cattle

Staff online

Members online

Back