3 2 1 vs Knights

Omg Tucker… look at who he has to work with.. these so called centres ( toa ) have no idea how to run into the ball and hit the line,,, a ball playing footballer is only as good as the players that run off him .. Gavin Miller and Cliffy lyons were left looking silly even in games where the support players did not run into the homes they had created or manufactured or whatnot .. Galvin has the skill , but not the cattle
The weststigers story

Omg Tucker… look at who he has to work with.. these so called centres ( toa ) have no idea how to run into the ball and hit the line,,, a ball playing footballer is only as good as the players that run off him .. Gavin Miller and Cliffy lyons were left looking silly even in games where the support players did not run into the homes they had created or manufactured or whatnot .. Galvin has the skill , but not the cattle
Manly is exhibit A.

Brooks has looked like a top line half with Turbo, Saab and Koula firing. Watch him come back to the field now.

Galvin doesn’t make many errors and tries hard.
Apart from that, his game is catch and pass, catch and pass, run sideways, catch and pass.
He actually does F-all.
I’m sorry this upsets some…he is one of the reasons we don’t score enough points.
no clue

Lol Toa who has played a test match for his country last off season and has been around first grade systems since 2019 has “no idea how to run into (onto) the ball and hit the line”.
Ok.
Why are you singling out Toa? He’s only played 2 games with Galvin. In fact 48 minutes in one and 14 minutes in the other.

Manly is exhibit A.

Brooks has looked like a top line half with Turbo, Saab and Koula firing. Watch him come back to the field now.
Lol he hasn’t looked top shelf. He merely looks like he belongs in first grade which he rarely ever did here.

Lol he hasn’t looked top shelf. He merely looks like he belongs in first grade which he rarely ever did here.
On par with Mamm and Munster in try assists and up there with Keary and DCE in line break involvements.

I did not call him top shelf. Surrounded by talent, he does a job. With Turbo out I have no doubt those numbers stagnate.

Present an argument or shut up.
I don't have to present an argument, you have to watch the games. If something is on, which means he has support play, he usually makes the right decision. If nothing is on, ie no support, he'll take the hit and not do anything silly. He never misses a tackle. His kicking game, both long and short, is on point. I could be wrong here but I think he has more try assists than anyone else. What more do you want apart from a better supporting cast?

I don't have to present an argument, you have to watch the games. If something is on, which means he has support play, he usually makes the right decision. If nothing is on, ie no support, he'll take the hit and not do anything silly. He never misses a tackle. His kicking game, both long and short, is on point. I could be wrong here but I think he has more try assists than anyone else. What more do you want apart from a better supporting cast?
Him and Api both have four. I didn’t realise we’d scored eight tries 😂

Christmas miracle
He’s really been a revelation. I remember Brooks and Moses when they first came in, their defense was pretty ordinary. Give him some weapons and I reckon he’s pressing for rep duties in a few years. In three years he’ll be a 21 year old!

Manly is exhibit A.

Whatever Manly do. They know how to build a backline.

Quite a few no name Centers and wings have come their way and they have become quality backs.

I always recall that Lyon and Matai were both due for retirement and Manly had cap pressure... and kept them both while punting Anthony M.

Good Centers are hard to find and very imporant.

He’s really been a revelation. I remember Brooks and Moses when they first came in, their defense was pretty ordinary. Give him some weapons and I reckon he’s pressing for rep duties in a few years.
Just wait til he grows up! We killed Brooks. If only he'd had the chance to play with a Scott Prince or Robert Lui and establish himself as an elite 5/8, we could have paired him with a half decent 7 and he'd be a WT hero. Galvin has Luai coming so we should see one of the great combinations over the next few seasons.
If we don't kill him this year.

Just wait til he grows up! We killed Brooks. If only he'd had the chance to play with a Scott Prince or Robert Lui and establish himself as an elite 5/8, we could have paired him with a half decent 7 and he'd be a WT hero. Galvin has Luai coming so we should see one of the great combinations over the next few seasons.
If we don't kill him this year.
He looked very frustrated last weekend. Really poor some of the performances of our older heads when an 18 yo is playing a steady hand every week.

A lot of that is true but you are trying to paint him as almost faultless and that’s bullshit. You say he takes the hit a lot. Most of those are him being caught with the ball. Bottom line is he is not an effective 5/8th in first grade
and nor should he be. He has had no experience and not enough coaching.
There’s a reason most of his supporters have him moving to the backrow sooner rather than later.
When everyone is back on deck it may be worth expediting such a move. Sullivan finally played well, Sezer has put some good games in as well. Fainu is also about and hasn’t been used properly yet.
Galvin is going to have a long and likely successful career in this sport. I don’t want to see him burnt out. He’ll need a rest soonish.

A lot of that is true but you are trying to paint him as almost faultless and that’s bullshit. You say he takes the hit a lot. Most of those are him being caught with the ball. Bottom line is he is not an effective 5/8th in first grade
and nor should he be. He has had no experience and not enough coaching.
There’s a reason most of his supporters have him moving to the backrow sooner rather than later.
When everyone is back on deck it may be worth expediting such a move. Sullivan finally played well, Sezer has put some good games in as well. Fainu is also about and hasn’t been used properly yet.
Galvin is going to have a long and likely successful career in this sport. I don’t want to see him burnt out. He’ll need a rest soonish.
Please, who are most of his supporters wanting him in the back row? Soccer fans? He's a half for the rest of his career and a damn good one at that. He is definitely an effective 5/8 despite his inexperience and far and away the best we have. He's 18! Most on here doubted he would even have a bench role in 2024. Sullivan is COE at best, where did you see him finally playing well? Sezer is a good half and has done a great job but Luai is here next year. And who has a properly formed opinion of Fainu?
Let's be fair dinkum here.

Please, who are most of his supporters wanting him in the back row? Soccer fans? He's a half for the rest of his career and a damn good one at that. He is definitely an effective 5/8 despite his inexperience and far and away the best we have. He's 18! Most on here doubted he would even have a bench role in 2024. Sullivan is COE at best, where did you see him finally playing well? Sezer is a good half and has done a great job but Luai is here next year. And who has a properly formed opinion of Fainu?
Let's be fair dinkum here.
A lot of people on here who have followed his career so far have been saying it all year. Sullivan thoroughly outplayed him in our last game. I know who isn’t watching.
Fainu hasn’t had a proper go at it. Is he good? I don’t know. We have to see though. This year is gone. We need to find out who is our half to partner Luai next year and then determine how to best use the others.
Galvin is no lock at this stage without having all the evidence.

Last edited:
A lot of people on here who have followed his career so far have been saying it all year. Sullivan thoroughly outplayed him in our last game. I know who isn’t watching.
Fainu hasn’t had a proper go at it. Is he good? I don’t know. We have to see though. This year is gone. We need to find out who is our half to partner Luai next year and then determine how to best use the others.
Galvin is no lock at this stage without having all the evidence.
If Sullivan is our half next year we are in deep trouble. He might have good 'natural' attack, but his decision making and defence is not first grade standard

Back