OFFICIAL Sunia "Tito" Turuva

Ivan Cleary in his post match discussion advised Turuva was given a rest based on his recent contract negotiations, in other words punished for signing elsewhere.
He did say he’d be back in the team next week.
Wow can’t recall Cleary dropping JFH or anyone else over contract negotiations.

Alamoti is strong and physical and got the job done last night, but lacks the pace of a quality winger.
He’d be quick in comparison with our backs, slow for anyone else.
Ivan is a smug A-Hole, but he’s a very good judge of playing talent.
That would explain the way he spent our salary cap when he was over here.

Ivan Cleary in his post match discussion advised Turuva was given a rest based on his recent contract negotiations, in other words punished for signing elsewhere.
Same thing happened to Laui. Ivan is a fkn back stabbing low gutter dog. (Thanks Rick). But I reckon he has the same attitude as me “IF YOU ARE NOT WITH US, THEN YOU ARE AGAINST US” and therefore you are dead to me and the enemy as of now.
I can see it in Junior “The Croc Catcher” Tupou, he’s checked out as soon as the game is not on the line anymore.

Yep Ivan destroyed our cap for years due to him paying large amounts of money and long contracts to half hearted pensioners (only Matulino had the decency to take a medical retirement when he realised he was finished at the NRL level).Then Ivan bailed as quickly as he could leaving the club in the poo for the forseeable future.

I watched that PC Cleary did it was a very odd statement i think, the negotiations took a toll on him or words to that effect.
If you were Turuva you would want to play no matter what, Cleary does seem like a very vindictive man. With all the damage he caused our club if anyone should have sour grapes its us seems petty from him.

I watched the post match discussion and my take was Cleary was covering for Turuva who was emotional after making a big decision in his life. I dont like Cleary now but lets give him credit when credits due. He was looking after his young player.

He had no care factor when he was here unfortunately.
That’s why I’m hopeful Benji will be a good choice long term as he has genuine care.
Sorry Vicious, that was a heavy burn from Hank.

Benji does have genuine care I suspect. The hardest test for him I reckon was moving on Nofa, they would have played together for a long while and would have had a good relationship.

"Genuine care" is a real double edged sword. Ivan punting Luai is NRL reality. You can't keep Nathan, Edwards, Yeo and everyone else on plus a 750k Luai. I would also punt Luai at 5/8 because it's a position you can train up a junior in for the halves. Daine Laurie "fits" there and that's fine for Penrith.

Ivan + Gould were RUTHLESS. Surprised Ciraldo even hung around that group with the way they pushed the existing Penrith squad.

Benji likewise has inherited some high price buys, and good buys at that in Klemmer + Bateman. At some point Benji will need to move these players on for our team to remain competitive. Ofcourse the earlier attempts to move Klemmer on for AFB were stupid.

Alamoti is strong and physical and got the job done last night, but lacks the pace of a quality winger.
He’d be quick in comparison with our backs, slow for anyone else.
Ivan is a smug A-Hole, but he’s a very good judge of playing talent.
And yet he he signed Packer, Reynolds and Mbye on large lengthy contracts

At least he didn’t cling on for 8-9 years like his mate.
Fruit Pascals was like gum stuck in ya work boot, you literally have to get down with a screwdriver to pick it out. I don’t think he was inept on purpose but like gum stuck in ya work boot, he just wasn’t up to it.
Ivan the Gronk overpaid footballers and sold a vision to everyone and then stabbed everyone in the back to coach his son. I have a healthy hate for Ivan, and disappointed and dislike for fruit pascals.

Fruit Pascals was like gum stuck in ya work boot, you literally have to get down with a screwdriver to pick it out. I don’t think he was inept on purpose but like gum stuck in ya work boot, he just wasn’t up to it.
Ivan the Gronk overpaid footballers and sold a vision to everyone and then stabbed everyone in the back to coach his son. I have a healthy hate for Ivan, and disappointed and dislike for fruit pascals.
Pascoe’s story about playing a practical joke on Naden sums him up, Mr casual, loves a laugh. Everyone’s mate.

Richo “I don’t want to be friends with players or go to their wedding, I want their respect”

Pascoe’s story about playing a practical joke on Naden sums him up, Mr casual, loves a laugh. Everyone’s mate.

Richo “I don’t want to be friends with players or go to their wedding, I want their respect”
Nice shot by Richo.
What was the Naden practice joke again?

Latest posts

Back