Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Lost some focus last weekend, panic, ill discipline and sezer was a bit off.

My main concern is focus, because Penrith ask a lot of questions.

Excited that Nado has finally been called up. Good game for him to make a return and he will be itching to stay in firsts.

Forwards need a clip over the ear this week. We know Benji “flushes” losses, but I’d breaking routine a bit to amp them.

SGI are underrated, but we we didn’t help ourselves last week.

Fast ptb are good, but we need it backed up.

Last edited:
very poor from Wests Tigers if true.
not when his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they think their son should walk into the side as opposed to earning it, and especially after the club had the kid training with the NRL side over preseason and paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

there are two sides to every story, Vicious. quite frankly these are people I don’t want at the club if they don’t want to earn their place.

perspective.

not when his parents are sooking because Galvin’s development has scared them and they think their son should walk into the side as opposed to earning it, and especially after the club had the kid training with the NRL side over preseason and paid for his surgery and rehab after his ankle injury.

there are two sides to every story, Vicious. quite frankly these are people I don’t want at the club if they don’t want to earn their place.

perspective.

If it’s true, I can’t imagine he’s going to another NRL club. I don’t think he would have been training with the top squad in the off season at any other club.

In saying that though the Roosters were after him before and they usually get whoever they want.

Reactions: 851

perspective.

Surely the time for sooking is more than 12 months away?

Or, could it mean Galvin has a massive upgrade close to done and the writing really is on the wall?

perspective.
Now greater focus on extending Makasini & perhaps Development contract for next season. This is the guy!

I have no doubt Papali’i is trying and most of his charges are strong, despite not really looking like making a line break, hence the reason who I think he’s slowed down a little since his days at the Eels and no doubt he’s not getting the same service he was back then.
Whatever is causing the problem, we cannot and will not progress as a team until this massive issue of next to noncore is rectified.
Just lucky we signed Olam as he is the only one on either edge that offers any attacking impact and the only one that hits hard enough to worry the opposition and force turnovers.
The problem imo isn't the teams backrowers' ability to hit holes/break the line. The problems are:
limited front foot footy due to ineffective middles creating few attacking chances.
only one of the halves ever being an attacking threat meaning opposition defence can focus their efforts to one side of the field.
The fullback not effective in the sweeping ballplayer role meaning outside defenders can shift in on back line players, negating the indedision edge defenders should be experiencing when choosing to defend the lead runner or check and release to the outside.

I couldn't think of anything less relevant than discussing the 3-5cm or 3/4kg differences between players when it pertains to their ability.

It's all output.

For a forward, for example -

How hard do they hit?
Do they run good lines?
Are they disciplined?
Do they have good lateral movement?
Do they have good hands?
Are they strong in the wrestle?
Do they regularly show the 1%ers?
Do they work from the inside?
Are they good talkers on the field?
Do they split defenders in contact?
Whats their offload rate?
How quick is their ptb?
What is their motor like?
Do they maintain line speed throughout?

Etc.
An old quote " A good big man will always beat a good little man"

On average, other traits being equal.

Now greater focus on extending Makasini & perhaps Development contract for next season. This is the guy!
Agree totally.
He is a star without O. Large. And a great goal kicker.
Others in the Harold Matts side I think have a future are Alex Isdale [1/2] Christian Taupau-Moors and Peter French. [props]
Needs to be taken care of big time. And in a position we are screaming for.

I reckon our edge defence is much improved but it is an area where teams run attack and can catch players out. LL use to cop the same level of criticism and also played 80 mins. We just can't keep off loading FG players to teams thinking that we are going to replace them easily with someone who will be able to make up for our weaknesses.
Didn't LL get $700k over 4 years? That's why he left.

AD ' s best position is centre. I remember him cutting up the Broncos during Magic Round.
Sure he has defensive deficiencies but as I've said before, you can teach a monkey to tackle.
I'm looking forward to him returning where he belongs. He has the ability to be a strike weapon in the centres.
So you are saying AD is a monkey? Sorry I couldn’t let that one slide. Know what you meant…. Just being a smart ass.

• Haha
Reactions: TSP
Question for those on the know of lower grades, doesnMason have the skill set to transition into centre? if he’s the kid I remember he’s built like a brick outhouse, A bit like Timoko from Canberra. I understand hes a fullback so his path is probably blocked in that position.
I still can't get it out of my mind. I watched Mason playing fullback, let the ball bounce, twice in same the game, when I thought he had every chance of catching it. Both sides watched it bounce.
No, not a fullback. Half, number 14 maybe.

I still can't get it out of my mind. I watched Mason playing fullback, let the ball bounce, twice in same the game, when I thought he had every chance of catching it. Both sides watched it bounce.
No, not a fullback. Half, number 14 maybe.
No14’to cover what position though? Hooker, lock?

Why can’t we just repeat the Nofoaluma situation, five him a payout and tell him he’s free to leave ?
I had high hopes for him, but he’s been like a deer in headlights, it’s simply not going to work.
Contracts don't work that way - if he doesn't accept the figure he doesn't have to and just picks up his money by turning up for training and games.

Back