Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well if Wests Tigers put it to him this way.
Stay here and you will not play NRL for the next 4 seasons. As WT do not want to have 500k per season hanging over their Salary Cap the option is to give reason for WT to be able to remove the 500k per season from their Salary Cap and give JS a payout so he’s financially better off moving forward.
Missing training like Nofa did would be a solution as it has proven to be a good enough reason to terminate a contract.
You can't say he'll never play first grade ( let me know if you can see the future).His pay out would need to be close to his contract value as he is quite young so assuming he goes for $750-$800k that has to be carried in the salary cap in the year/s it's paid. Noffa was gone and he knew - this guy might believe in himself a bit more.

Not a hope , the two young blokes , smith and Henry will fill the void left by fisher Harris , Luai will not be missed , they got 2-3 players who will fill his spot
💯
If Wests Tigers don’t show they can score points and win games real soon, big Stef will be gone and who could blame him.
One step forward and 10 steps back with this club.

I agree with what you are saying, but we simply cannot retain our best players such as Stefano, upgrade others such as Galvin, have a red hot crack at signing a couple more quality players to strengthen up our team and still pay the rumoured 500-550k per season for a halve who is highly likely to okay NSW Cup for the remainder of his contract.
If he was on much less money it would be nice to keep him, but he’s not.
He's not on as much as reported in the telecrap

Are previous recruitment team were bad, but do you really think they'd offer an injury prone reserve grade half a $2million deal? It's not that much, and i'm pretty sure there are options in the contract too.

Clubs never announce "we've signed XX player on a 4 year deal but there are conditions that we can offload them earlier at no expense if we want to". It makes it sound like the club doesn't rate the player and that they're not wanted, sometimes even before they've played a single game. These clauses and options only come out down the track if/when necessary. See Stefano's origin clause, supposedly Schuster weight clauses etc. They don't announce these things up front, just that it's a X year contract.

Are previous recruitment team were bad, but do you really think they'd offer an injury prone reserve grade half a $2million deal? It's not that much, and i'm pretty sure there are options in the contract too.

Clubs never announce "we've signed XX player on a 4 year deal but there are conditions that we can offload them earlier at no expense if we want to". It makes it sound like the club doesn't rate the player and that they're not wanted, sometimes even before they've played a single game. These clauses and options only come out down the track if/when necessary. See Stefano's origin clause, supposedly Schuster weight clauses etc. They don't announce these things up front, just that it's a X year contract.
Are previous recruitment team were bad, but do you really think they'd offer an injury prone reserve grade half a $2million deal? It's not that much, and i'm pretty sure there are options in the contract too - yes they would and we'll never know what's in the contract.

I hope you are right.
The only logical reason why we didn’t at least attempt to sign Zac Lomax has to be due to Salary Cap constraints, otherwise why are we doing nothing about strengthening up our weak backline when a big, strong, fast and skilful player who is also one of the best goal kickers in the competition becomes available?
Not to mention he’s previously mentioned he would be interested in playing for Wets Tigers the team he followed growing up.

Last edited:
I agree with what you are saying, but we simply cannot retain our best players such as Stefano, upgrade others such as Galvin, have a red hot crack at signing a couple more quality players to strengthen up our team and still pay the rumoured 500-550k per season for a halve who is highly likely to okay NSW Cup for the remainder of his contract.
If he was on much less money it would be nice to keep him, but he’s not.

Just pay half his deal from next year to move him on ..,this is what happens with all teams when they move on dud players they don’t want ,,

250k a year over three years … is what it is and they turn the page completely on the prior crapshow

An old quote " A good big man will always beat a good little man"

On average, other traits being equal.
Old Poppy BF used that line a fair bit. Along with this “god give ya two hands, so learn how to use em and you’ll be able to chop some big men down to size. But never kick a man while he’s down, help him up and ask him if he’s finished. If he is then shout him a beer.” 🍺
Mmmmm beer.

Latest posts

Members online

Back