Rugby Union

Yes, I’m at Flemington races and not on telly here but just checked the score and currently getting treatment from the paramedics .
I see it but I don’t believe it. Why couldn’t they do this when I paid big money to watch them live last Saturday.

Yes, I’m at Flemington races and not on telly here but just checked the score and currently getting treatment from the paramedics .
I see it but I don’t believe it. Why couldn’t they do this when I paid big money to watch them live last Saturday.
Right now, I’ve been assured that the score is accurate
🤣🤣

Bloody hell, big effort but no cigar.
Much better effort from what I saw, but lots of AB penalties in 2nd half ? Mmm.

We were absolutely diabolical in that 2nd half.
Couldn't secure our own rucks it was madness.
Penalty count was rough too. Ref was playing
long advantages even when they passed the
ad-line and kicked. Really rough to watch bro

We were absolutely diabolical in that 2nd half.
Couldn't secure our own rucks it was madness.
Penalty count was rough too. Ref was playing
long advantages even when they passed the
ad-line and kicked. Really rough to watch bro
I think , at the moment, we don’t know how to win. Bit like the Tigers.
I should say though I didn’t watch the whole game, just snippets .

I did notice that just like their league cousins, West Harbour came in their (sometimes usual) 9th place. ;)
1691238297512.png

But wait.
There's more.
The 2023 David Brockhoff Medal Coach of the Year is West Harbour's own Cam Treloar.

1691583914579.jpeg

Tell me C, do Merewether-Carlton still exist in Newy or are the Hunter Wildfires the newer version of that grand old club ?

Tell me C, do Merewether-Carlton still exist in Newy or are the Hunter Wildfires the newer version of that grand old club ?
Merewether Carlton still exist in the local competition, and won 1st grade last season for the first time in a while. While the Wildfires were intended to support rugby in the region, unfortunately it seems to have done the opposite. The local competition is now down to 6 clubs, perhaps a merger of sorts with Central Coast rugby on the horizon

Merewether Carlton are very strong still, finished 2nd in first grade this year, have a good chance of going back to back. Only 6 teams now in the comp, very sad indeed.
the Wildfires are a team on their own representing the Hunter area.

Merewether Carlton still exist in the local competition, and won 1st grade last season for the first time in a while. While the Wildfires were intended to support rugby in the region, unfortunately it seems to have done the opposite. The local competition is now down to 6 clubs, perhaps a merger of sorts with Central Coast rugby on the horizon
Ok thanks, being Newy born I left and came to Sydney at a young age but in the late 70s after a marriage breakup and messy divorce I moved back, living at Bar Beach and drinking at the Prince of Wales pub at Mereweather. Met a few MC boys there and went to a few games, even pulled on the boots for the Greens 7th grade ( I think). Top blokes and a top rugby club.
Know nothing about Wildfires but pity to hear local comp somewhat decimated but pleased to hear MC still going. Ah more great memories.

Even the 2nd division comp is very ordinary, not enough players to go around anymore. a lot has changed over the years, and unfortunately not for the better.

Back