Rugby Australia to lower legal tackle height

innsaneink

Rugby Australia has announced it will introduce a two-year trial to lower the legal tackle height from below the shoulders to below the sternum across the community game from February next year.

The change in the law will apply to all competitions below Super Rugby level and will commence on or after February 10 until the end of 2025, encompassing all premier grades, school competitions, and pathway competitions............

Read more....

It was encouraged when I was a kid... It's how we were taught

Rugby Australia has announced it will introduce a two-year trial to lower the legal tackle height from below the shoulders to below the sternum across the community game from February next year.

The change in the law will apply to all competitions below Super Rugby level and will commence on or after February 10 until the end of 2025, encompassing all premier grades, school competitions, and pathway competitions............

Read more....

It was encouraged when I was a kid... It's how we were taught

Right in the bread basket/advertising space
Ink lol. Not a fan tbh, we grew up rucking
opponents laying on the wrong side of the
ruck, now you get a red card for accidental
head clashes. Rugbys lost so many fans
over the years...Game is so slow now too

Right in the bread basket/advertising space
Ink lol. Not a fan tbh, we grew up rucking
opponents laying on the wrong side of the
ruck, now you get a red card for accidental
head clashes. Rugbys lost so many fans
over the years...Game is so slow now too
it was good when it was running rugby before professional era, shocking game now

How are you going to consistently tackle below the sternum and never above? That's also right at the height that the fend comes into play so you are going to get a lot more players putting their heads where the bumpers come up.

Sounds like a silly and difficult rule to placate. I thought there were enough penalties in rugby already.

As much as the game bores me to tears, it did provide one of the best set plays that lead to a try that I’ve ever seen

That All Blacks team is one of the greatest teams in any sport ever. They had a win rate over 90%. It was a travesty that they never won a world cup. It's amazing that Australia actually used to beat them back then.

Well they lowered the actual tackle completion efficiency % expectations .....might as well fall off the chest as well .....

My son played a lot of league at TG Milner

It's funny... I too played union at school and.enjoyednit.more than league... I was in the B team for our year and won the comp a couple times probably why I enjoyed it more... My league team was on a par with WTs

Back