TEAM LIST Round 22 vs. Rabbitohs

Team List
I’m hoping Laurie and not Brooks play on the left side tonight,
Laurie played left side last week and Brooks usually plays left side as well,
Hoping to see Tupou receive early ball to see what he can do and I have never been impressed with Brooks’s ability to be a ball player.
IMO Tupou gets more opportunities if playing outside Laurie.
It would be interesting to see who plays which side. Staines has usually played on R as well.

Tupou and Staines combo on L with Paps could be long term. All 3 will be first choice for a couple of years

Hoping to see Tupou receive early ball to see what he can do and I have never been impressed with Brooks’s ability to be a ball player.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope Laurie plays left too, but I doubt it. Brooks being left foot kicker will slot straight back into his role IMO.

I noticed our attack nearly always goes left but if its continuous left its becomes predictable and easy to shut down . Left is fine but change it up a bit .Bula can chime in either way to create the extra man

Brooks was playing on the left in the training vision. Wouldnt be surprised if they play a more traditional 6 and 7 role though.
I can’t see anyway Brooks will play on right side, especially as he is the left foot kick option.
Laurie being a righty will be on that side so suggest we look for Star and Nofa to maybe figure as try scorers.

Trell will be fired up , he is coming of a leg injury , so it’s simple tackle him low and very very hard from knees down , it’s not hard , take him out or get him fired up into making his mistakes or loosing it , just got to put pressure on him , and tell the boys , there are no spiders on him , gang tackle all day
100% agree - if they defend quick off their line and limit his space, time and options you can control him. However, you need a strong game plan and strong mindset from individuals to make this happen - we are clearly lacking in both departments but be great to be proven wrong.

We are the team that plays other teams and players back into form unfortunately.

100% agree - if they defend quick off their line and limit his space, time and options you can control him. However, you need a strong game plan and strong mindset from individuals to make this happen - we are clearly lacking in both departments but be great to be proven wrong.

We are the team that plays other teams and players back into form unfortunately.

cant wait for the national anthem

I remember when Beetson first started playing with Balmain, disrespectful people called him “half a game Artie”.
I detested that, and I don’t want to be known as “half a season 20/40.”
How about “this season is a write off, so let’s be smart and get some combos for next year. Rather lose and blood players than win with departing players - only to still finish dead last 20/40”.

PS I know you addressed this quite thoughtfully in the other thread. My opinion hasn’t changed,
One other post here said re Brooks and Laurie playing together that “they might gel”.
Seriously ??! How would that be of any benefit whatsoever? They are both leaving! And after Brooks ten years of crap and Laurie also being garbage, to even speak this way is just beyond bizarre.

How about “this season is a write off, so let’s be smart and get some combos for next year. Rather lose and blood players than win with departing players - only to still finish dead last 20/40”.

PS I know you addressed this quite thoughtfully in the other thread. My opinion hasn’t changed,
One other post here said re Brooks and Laurie playing together that “they might gel”.
Seriously ??! How would that be of any benefit whatsoever? They are both leaving! And after Brooks ten years of crap and Laurie also being garbage, to even speak this way is just beyond bizarre.

We did that last year didn’t we?
I seriously have doubts about throwing a heap of youngsters to the wolves to get them accustomed to losing is any good for them or the long term benefit of the club.
I think the coaching staff are doing the right thing by promoting young players on merit and having them surrounded by more experienced players.
Ideally, you would want the newly introduced player to have some success to build confidence, not be bashed out there.

How many tires are we guessing scored on Junior Tupou side tonight... 4 tries?

Last edited:
Back