Racing tips, talk etc

Mate I’ve just returned from Ballarat, thought I’d go down for the cup today.
Cold(14 degrees), steady rain all day, the most mediocre food and coffee I’ve ever tasted, on top of a 1.5 hr drive ew from my place.
Bad mistake !
Thank God races back in town at Caulfield next week.
And yes, I lost on the punt !!

Two very contrasting meetings..

I had one bet got a 6/1.pop up... 👌

I would rather have been where you where than in Sydney,it hit 43 in parts of Sydney today.It is going to be a bad summer over the majority of our wonderful country.Sad to hear about losing on the punt
Maybe but I would rather be too hot than too cold, just my preference.
43 may change my mind !
A bad day on the punt is no major issue, I’ll be back next Saturday at Caulfield.

For the brave...
Mister Hemsworth nominated fir Sunshine Coast Sunday 1400m barrier 9 however has to carry 60kg...
Also nominated for Wednesday Eagle farm but that is metropolitan field so likely a tougher race.
Eachway Sunday we are likely selling after this run
Note that Mr H running today with Orman on top. Change of betting strategy for me , going for $25 win only. Got $4 fixed.
Good luck !!!

Note that Mr H running today with Orman on top. Change of betting strategy for me , going for $25 win only. Got $4 fixed.
Good luck !!!
Brave Hal, if he does everything right not lift his head in running and jumps well I think he can definitely place and probably win
Trainer said trackwork was perfect all week he just seems to get in the barriers and lose the plot. He is a really thinker
I've had on a bet today $100 place and $100 win

Brave Hal, if he does everything right not lift his head in running and jumps well I think he can definitely place and probably win
Trainer said trackwork was perfect all week he just seems to get in the barriers and lose the plot. He is a really thinker
Todays the day mate ! 🤞🤞

Maybe but I would rather be too hot than too cold, just my preference.
43 may change my mind !
A bad day on the punt is no major issue, I’ll be back next Saturday at Caulfield.

It is only 25 today so far more pleasant and am cooling my place down as much as i can.Trying to sleep last night was diabolical

Congrats mate, nice ride and fave did a couple of things wrong but weight posted and we all got paid.
I assume that win means no sale ? I liked the way it got to the line. Appreciate you sharing info with us, now you’re a team player !

it was a nice win despite throwing his head about when the speed slackened inthought was going to dog it halfway up the straight but hit the gap and kept going.
We may go one more run try and get another win and the head to online auctions

Congrats mate, nice ride and fave did a couple of things wrong but weight posted and we all got paid.
I assume that win means no sale ? I liked the way it got to the line. Appreciate you sharing info with us, now you’re a team player !
$4 was a good price considering the field. Maybe one more run before selling

it was a nice win despite throwing his head about when the speed slackened inthought was going to dog it halfway up the straight but hit the gap and kept going.
We may go one more run try and get another win and the head to online auctions
Keep us updated as usual. 👍🏻

Keep us updated as usual. 👍🏻
Thanks Jedi , couple dollars in the bank , going to sell on line , we just moved 2 on se online auctions return you poor results mate , be careful maybe put a reserve on horse , we sold one for $ 600 and one for $ 4500 both were better than that , the $ 4500 horse moved to a new trainer and the trainer and a couple other purchased her , she is 2 starts for 2 seconds , buggers have got all their money back plus some

Thanks Jedi , couple dollars in the bank , going to sell on line , we just moved 2 on se online auctions return you poor results mate , be careful maybe put a reserve on horse , we sold one for $ 600 and one for $ 4500 both were better than that , the $ 4500 horse moved to a new trainer and the trainer and a couple other purchased her , she is 2 starts for 2 seconds , buggers have got all their money back plus some
@Jedi_Tiger
I think this was for you mate.

a few years ago I had a share in fuhryk she was a good mare who won nearly $800k

I also got very lucky with a Pins horse in NZ had 40% we bought for 25k and he won two barrier trials by 7 lengths and was sold to Hong Kong for 850k. Never got to the track broke a leg for the new HK owners.

a few years after that I had 15% in a horse called Five Kingdom was trained by Hayes. Other owners had a blow up he put ot on online auction and was sold to some Sydney owners. I missed out on buying him back and he went on to win a couple of races. Reserves was modest and he was sold for 3 times the reserve.

The online auctions can be a risk I agree I think Jack Bruce will want to keep training him so probably won't be too keen to sell.

I think you know it’s the temp Hal. $26 winner would be nice. Happy to get home on the $4 Mr H though. Finally gets the biscuit.
Thanks @Jedi_Tiger, we got there. I’ve been backing him from the start, even when in hospital, gave me something to do. 👍🏻
hope you are feeling better, it has been a frustrating journey, especially when he was odds on in the wet at Grafton in a field of 6 and got beat.. I didn't show a lot of faith today and went with $100 eachway, I was going to open the shoulders but after the last run being so so poor I chickened out

Hopefully Mr H is like the Tigers and we finally get into the semis

Back