OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

This side just finds ways to lose. On paper they should have won this comfortably
Bears had a very strong side with real x factor players and players who work hard. We had a Ron Massey level side out there.... Year after year this side just keeps getting worse.

Really there's barely 1-2 prospects in this side pushing for first grade. Most are no chance.

Where is Jimmy. We desperately need someone who can make a difference.

Agree with that
However Rua gets double
We didn't want him ! Now he's in Storm system and has lost 10kg
Seems a common story .Players at Tigers overweight and unfit and go elsewhere and get superfit .Tommy Talau same story as is Brooks
Rua could loose another ten kgs and he’d still look like the kid who ate all the cake.

Attachments

• IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: BZN
Sign him now even if it’s just for his looks.
We should have signed him years ago. Always been a top prospect, we don't have anyone like him at our club currently. He'd be our fullback for the next decade if we had him, he'd push Bula out easily.

It was so bloody frustrating for us to just let Rua dive over twice. He's a one trick pony, we should have known his have inside out. You know that when he's a metre out he'll very likely try dive over the line. Yet we were totally unprepared. Unforgivable. Ok for the second he pushed out marker down to get the space he needed but still we had others there.

Last edited:
We also have 5 players who were with us last season who we didn’t want who are now all starting and seemingly playing well for their Queensland Cup teams.
Our talent ID and player retention is that bad it’s not funny.

It was so bloody frustrating for us to just let Rua dive over twice. He's a one truck pony, we should have known his have inside out. You know that when he's a metre out he'll very likely try dive over the line. Yet we were totally unprepared. Unforgivable. Ok for the second he pushed out marker down to get the space he needed but still we had others there. Baby
I don’t know how many ponies he can fit on his truck 😜 but yeah that’s all he’s got and everyone knows it? One of em should’ve been a penalty our way.
We even get stitched up in reggies.
And what’s with the “Baby” at the end.

Be nice if the ref refereed both sides equally.
We got royally screwed over by the ref, but made some dumb mistakes.
The one where Rua pushes Tumeth over at marker, then dives over to score where Tuneth would have been standing. There were plenty more, we got zero set restarts and 10-4 penalties against, no second half penalties as well

We got royally screwed over by the ref, but made some dumb mistakes.
The one where Rua pushes Tumeth over at marker, then dives over to score where Tuneth would have been standing. There were plenty more, we got zero set restarts and 10-4 penalties against, no second half penalties as well
Agree on the dumb mistakes. We made more than our share.

Reactions: 851
I liked Faataape on the wing on Saturday. Shows he has got a few strings to his bow & has the potential to be a good yardage & finishing winger (in the smaller but powerful winger mould).

Interesting we also tried Lobb at fullback (and not Casey) when Laulilii went off with a HIA. Given he has a higher contract than Casey, I think they are trying to get him into the game a bit more and see what has for a secondary position.

In coming weeks, I'd like to see Tallyn's minutes increase at hooker, Faagutu return for an extended run in Cup and Solo Saukuru given an opportunity (I'd like to see what he can offer on the wing).

Matamua has been excellent this year, really becoming an influence on the scoreboard and finding the right balance between passing and running.

Laulili'i is a first grader through and through, I think he'll debut by the end of the year.

Jordan Miller continues to impress me with how he's taken to this level. he just needs conditioning. once he has that I think you'll see him come into grade.

Future looking good... Benji only 6 , 8 games. He has our whole club in his hands... also Us....we did good.. and thanks all you beautiful people.. for sharing

Reactions: BZN
I don’t know how many ponies he can fit on his truck 😜 but yeah that’s all he’s got and everyone knows it? One of em should’ve been a penalty our way.
We even get stitched up in reggies.
And what’s with the “Baby” at the end.
The bloody autocorrect and predictive text on my phone's keyboard is abysmal. But all apps seem equally poor. I should re-read everything I write but can't be bothered most of the time, especially when I'm posting late at night. Though it annoys me how it makes me look like an idiot at times with all kinds of random words. But hopefully you guys can still get the gist...

I do wonder though, how many ponies can one fill in a truck and could they still beat our Cup side?

The bloody autocorrect and predictive text on my phone's keyboard is abysmal. But all apps seem equally poor. I should re-read everything I write but can't be bothered most of the time, especially when I'm posting late at night. Though it annoys me how it makes me look like an idiot at times with all kinds of random words. But hopefully you guys can still get the gist...

I do wonder though, how many ponies can one fill in a truck and could they still beat our Cup side?
Predictive text is a pain in the arse.Whats with the ponies?

It’s kool I got the gist of it. Still can’t work what word was baby supposed to be, but we’ll leave that with the auto correct gods.
They are doing it for a laugh.

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Saturday, May 4 - 12:40 p.m. AEST
Accor Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Starford To'a
2. Solomona Faataape
3. Declan Casey
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. James Valevatu
8. Reuben Porter
9. Jake Simpkin (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Sione Vaihu
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Chris Faagutu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Gordon Whippy

18. Lachlan Broederlow
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Starford To'a, Kit Laulilii, Chris Faagutu, Gordon Whippy

OUTS: Luke Laulilii (concussion), Brandon Tumeth (crusher tackle), Justin Matamua (dangerous contact), Sione Fainu (high tackle)

Accor Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Starford To'a
2. Solomona Faataape
3. Declan Casey
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. James Valevatu
8. Reuben Porter
9. Jake Simpkin (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Sione Vaihu
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Chris Faagutu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Gordon Whippy

18. Lachlan Broederlow

OUTS: Luke Laulilii (concussion), Brandon Tumeth (crusher tackle), Justin Matamua (dangerous contact), Sione Fainu (high tackle)
these boys are in for a very tough game, but hoping Kit can hit the reset button on his season this week. keen to see how Faagutu fares as well. jersey 18 more than deserving of being named in the extended squad. I'm hopeful he's there in place of Vaihu on game day.

Accor Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Starford To'a
2. Solomona Faataape
3. Declan Casey
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Jayden Sullivan
7. James Valevatu
8. Reuben Porter
9. Jake Simpkin (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Sione Vaihu
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Chris Faagutu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Gordon Whippy

18. Lachlan Broederlow

What’s happened to Heath Mason?

Latest posts

Back