Pathways archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear a plan is in place across the whole club and it is starting to work.
Still don't undertand why some want to throw the coach out with the bath water when he is clearly part of the solution and no doubt had input into the plan.

Still don't undertand why some want to throw the coach out with the bath water when he is clearly part of the solution and no doubt had input into the plan.
This is fantastic news. Clearly a case of the club getting on with the job, but not informing supporters. I don’t see why the club has to be the quiet achievers?
You’re right mikey, Coach must be an integral part of this process, we can’t afford staff turnover, we don’t want to drop the ball.

Hasn’t Jordon Miller already signed with the Dolphins?
It was a rumour from a poster on here. Nothing official has been announced. You would like to think we can offer enough $$$ and be creative with our contracts offered (dev contracts) to keep him playing with his mates near his home.

Javon Andrews is a tall half. Must have been injured to start the year as missed out playing for Souths Logan Magpies in the Cyril Connell Cup. QLD U12/QLD U15 Merit.
I am not about tagging youngsters,but at best he would have been a bench player, the Tigers are no where near as strong a presence in SEQ as they have been in previous years. Last years group was very good.

It's like any organisation, the plan remains in place and is still pursued to achieve the outcome. That occurs in most organisation eg army.

💯% agree and totally/fully agree :ROFLMAO: as well @mikey

With Matt Betsey on board, this is the start of the whole Wests Tigers club really getting it's/our act together and combining every operation so that Our Club as a whole grows to become the Wests Tigers we have needed since 2000.

As we know it all starts from the top, from the Board Room.
And who else but 'our current Board' had the foresight to get Betsey.

Madge is Our Coach now and imo will stay as Our Coach to lead Us to 'The Promised Land' :):):)...not today, not tomorrow even, but We WILL get there.

So...to all the True Believers 🙏 😇...jump on now for the Ride Of Your Life.

And to all the half hearted non believers...you can continue to be miserable and combative if you choose to...or you can just b/o.......please 🤣

To lead the charge to the Promised Land on Our Forum I suggest none other than the biggest cat/tiger of all, a True Gentleman, a Real Man, with a great sense of humour and common sense...and...he has fought for our country's freedom and was badly injured doing so... Mr. @Cobarcats 👏👏👏👏

I wonder of a mindset of a junior player, if indeed they don't think Tigers, or another club, can nurture their capacity to play rep football. This is precisely the concept of stacked teams that the salary cap is supposed to iron out.

A couple of years ago we had 3 players playing for QLD, and prior to that Tedesco, Woods and Farah were mainstays of the Blues side.

If you are good enough - you are good enough. But otherwise is it not self-defining? If you play for a side that is not making the finals consistently, odds are you are not performing consistently yourself, and therefore, no, you are not in rep contention.

It’s only taken 22 years? Can only wonder what other priorities took precedence? I mean it’s not a fashionable concept? The club will always have the need for a constant production line of juniors.
Possibly cash flow restrictions? If that’s the case, why not increase cash flow?
It’s clear the board need to have an eye on developing the organisation with certain systems and procedures which don’t change when the next new staff member arrives and says, I’ll make up my own job description.

Surely we’re not just now waking up to the fact we’ve been supplying the top teams with talent. You can’t blame the Hoffmans, Papenhuyzens, Addo-Carrs.

I tend to think we should get them all playing in the same jerseys and get a home ground so we can have a home ground advantage?

I wonder of a mindset of a junior player, if indeed they don't think Tigers, or another club, can nurture their capacity to play rep football. This is precisely the concept of stacked teams that the salary cap is supposed to iron out.

A couple of years ago we had 3 players playing for QLD, and prior to that Tedesco, Woods and Farah were mainstays of the Blues side.

If you are good enough - you are good enough. But otherwise is it not self-defining? If you play for a side that is not making the finals consistently, odds are you are not performing consistently yourself, and therefore, no, you are not in rep contention.
Surprise surprise we disagree again. League is a game built hugely on momentum and largely your forward pack gaining an ascendency which enables the whole team to execute a plan. The more momentum the more time and space, the more opportunity to show your wares. Being a star player on a poor team is not a place for a young professional player. We are living proof of that.

It’s only taken 22 years? Can only wonder what other priorities took precedence? I mean it’s not a fashionable concept? The club will always have the need for a constant production line of juniors.
Possibly cash flow restrictions? If that’s the case, why not increase cash flow?
It’s clear the board need to have an eye on developing the organisation with certain systems and procedures which don’t change when the next new staff member arrives and says, I’ll make up my own job description.

Surely we’re not just now waking up to the fact we’ve been supplying the top teams with talent. You can’t blame the Hoffmans, Papenhuyzens, Addo-Carrs.

I tend to think we should get them all playing in the same jerseys and get a home ground so we can have a home ground advantage?
Not sure why you are quoting me to make your point; however, you may recall after the 05 win Gibbs had those infamous dynasty words - so clearly they (meaning both the team and the club) thought juniors would keep on magically appearing.
What they didn't understand was you need to make it a formal structure and a pathway, which other clubs clued onto much earlier. It's a typical approach of organisations which thing will just keep on magically happening, somethings Wests and now Wests Tigers seem to excel at. They have belatedly remedied that.

Last edited:
Surprise surprise we disagree again. League is a game built hugely on momentum and largely your forward pack gaining an ascendency which enables the whole team to execute a plan. The more momentum the more time and space, the more opportunity to show your wares. Being a star player on a poor team is not a place for a young professional player. We are living proof of that.
There's no debate that it's simply easier to get along if you immediately join the best side, I never said that.

I can understand the desire for any given junior player to immediately play in the top sides. Also for many kids, especially those in sports codes with a draft, it just doesn't happen that way and they need to bide their time in lower grades or lower-ranked clubs. This is true of NBA, NFL, the top soccer competitions etc.

If it follows that young stars can only achieve greatness in already established finals-bound sides, then there is no hope for equality across the NRL.

And therefore no matter what Tigers do - sack the CEO, whatever - we never climb off the bottom.

It also marks the death of the concept of a local-bred player, if all the young kids care about is their own brand and instant personal success.

On the flipside of my argument, good players from mediocre sides still play rep footy.

There's no debate that it's simply easier to get along if you immediately join the best side, I never said that.

I can understand the desire for any given junior player to immediately play in the top sides. Also for many kids, especially those in sports codes with a draft, it just doesn't happen that way and they need to bide their time in lower grades or lower-ranked clubs. This is true of NBA, NFL, the top soccer competitions etc.

If it follows that young stars can only achieve greatness in already established finals-bound sides, then there is no hope for equality across the NRL.

And therefore no matter what Tigers do - sack the CEO, whatever - we never climb off the bottom.

It also marks the death of the concept of a local-bred player, if all the young kids care about is their own brand and instant personal success.

On the flipside of my argument, good players from mediocre sides still play rep footy.
I think a draft is needed in the NRL. Politis won’t back it so it won’t happen.

And I'm still at Lidcombe:

View attachment 4049
Don't think I've got that one, perhaps I have with all the old mags and papers in old suitcase in garage.

Super pic.

Ribot loved us. Didn't do anything for us in the 90s but hearing him interviewed by Sterling a few years back he has never forgotten us.

We were privileged to witness that era albeit without a premiership.

People don't know what they missed out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back