Origin 2023

Great dinner in the members dining room followed by a great game .It had to be
WE WON ! Strange feeling going to the footy and going home with a smile .
What stood out for me was our defence as many times desperate last ditch tackles kept our line intact .Noticed we had 2 or more tackling unlike watching our Bula left with no support trying to stop them on our line one on one

Interesting to see what happens when NSW pick a team based on form over reputation. People were giving Freddy shit for this side because it seemed hodgepodge. They are saying this because some big names weren’t there.
I’ve seen comments saying they can’t wait to see Turbo and Latrel back in the centres next year….idiots don’t learn! I wouldn’t give Cleary a walk up start either.

A meaningless game..Shouldn't be played unless the result is 1-1...Everything else is background noise...

So most of NSW wanted Teddy gone. The media and fans alike really turned on him.
235m
2 line breaks
1 try assist
11 tackle breaks
and defended well…both the highball and attacking raids.

Would you pick him again next year?
Nope

I would like to see how Dylan Edwards went. Teddy is a good player, but so was Ponga. But Slater picked Walsh and it turns out he's even more deadly than Ponga. I think it would be like that with Edwards. He has been Penrith's best player for years.

He's not a flat track bully like Cleary. Look at the gap between Cleary's form in the NRL and in Origin. It's not so hard to dominate in the NRL on the back of a dominant pack. Much harder when faced with a fast line of Queenslanders who are masters of "legal" offside play. Moses has been a tad better than Cleary, amazingly.

Great dinner in the members dining room followed by a great game .It had to be
WE WON ! Strange feeling going to the footy and going home with a smile .
What stood out for me was our defence as many times desperate last ditch tackles kept our line intact .Noticed we had 2 or more tackling unlike watching our Bula left with no support trying to stop them on our line one on one
Also notable how a couple of decent halves have a mighty influence on the end result!
The lacking piece of the puzzle of the Wests Tigers make up as everyone is aware of.
We have the nucleus to win games but need some after burners to set things in motion.

A meaningless game..Shouldn't be played unless the result is 1-1...Everything else is background noise...

I think if it’s done right it gives the team 2-0 down a chance to blood / test some options for the following year.

Outside of finals there’s not much chance to get the experience of finals for players.

Also notable how a couple of decent halves have a mighty influence on the end result!
The lacking piece of the puzzle of the Wests Tigers make up as everyone is aware of.
We have the nucleus to win games but need some after burners to set things in motion.
Couldn't agree more Cody Walker and Mitchell Moses did their thing at a high pace and passes were spot on especially Cody's
Our guys seem at half pace making it easy for opposition to adjust and cover

If they can attract 75,000 to a meaningless game then the League would play it every week. Obviously the crowd was larger due to the number of people who took a punt on getting a ticket for the decider, but still indicates there was a desire to support the Blues and see a good game.
At least in the short term. they’ll continue With the 3 games.

What's going on with the Blues?

Brandy quits a few days ago,
Now it's being reported Freddy has quit too....

Imploding.

Weidler saying Freddy wanted Gus as Chief Advisor and they weren't going for it... too worried about his smarts & how much he understands origin.

I can go back to supporting them now.
Didn't chief advisor Gould recommend TPJ to Fittler this year?
The Blues would've been the entire Canterbury team.

Weidler saying Freddy wanted Gus as Chief Advisor and they weren't going for it... too worried about his smarts & how much he understands origin.
That Weedler speculation is hilarious.
Gould is too big of a coward to have come back.
He ran to the hills when the Melbourne lads first emerged.

I have it from a reliable source the John Cartwright has put his hat in the ring but thinks the decision has already been made.

That Weedler speculation is hilarious.
Gould is too big of a coward to have come back.
He ran to the hills when the Melbourne lads first emerged.
None of its makes sense.
Weedler is an imbecile.

I can't see Sticky or Bellamy jumping at the opportunity.

Ennis & Gal makes sense but they probably don't have the expertise.

I think the current maroons team is about to go on another decade long with Slater at the helm.

Back