Nofoaluma..

@cultured_bogan said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419445) said:
Anyone else find it depressing that we've had lifers at this club since it's inception and no one has managed to crack 100 tries in their time at Wests?

Nofo will

@jrdee said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419451) said:
Anyone else find it depressing that we've had lifers at this club since it's inception and no one has managed to crack 100 tries in their time at Wests?

Nofo will

Yeah club has been here 22 seasons though. Thought someone would have done it before Nofo.

St. Merge has only been around a year longer, they have four players in the 100 tries club, and Brett Morris didn't even play his whole career there. Blacklock scored 100 tries in 6 seasons (114 games!)

I appreciated the fact he kept seeing himself on the Suncorp big screen and being very pleased with himself. Certainly doesn't mind the attention, or the new hairdo.

@demps said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419421) said:
![Screenshot_20210719-081725_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626646684416-screenshot_20210719-081725_instagram.jpg)

New wallpaper for the Nofo fans.
🙌

He looks like he's been "puching on with billy".
With those blood shot eyes.

@tigertone said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419722) said:
@demps said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419421) said:
![Screenshot_20210719-081725_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626646684416-screenshot_20210719-081725_instagram.jpg)

New wallpaper for the Nofo fans.
?

He looks like he's been "puching on with billy".
With those blood shot eyes.

? stoner

Needs visine

@cultured_bogan said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419455) said:

Nofo will

Yeah club has been here 22 seasons though. Thought someone would have done it before Nofo.

St. Merge has only been around a year longer, they have four players in the 100 tries club, and Brett Morris didn't even play his whole career there. Blacklock scored 100 tries in 6 seasons (114 games!)

Tbf, Tedesco would have done it had he stayed. JAC and Koro too. We’ve had the players to do it, just haven’t kept them.

@gnr4life said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419742) said:

Nofo will

Tbf, Tedesco would have done it had he stayed. JAC and Koro too. We’ve had the players to do it, just haven’t kept them.

Yeah, but we haven't have we? That's my point. If we were a half decent club we'd have had a handful like the Dragons have.

@cultured_bogan said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419865) said:
Yeah, but we haven't have we? That's my point. If we were a half decent club we'd have had a handful like the Dragons have.

That's the crux of it - if the team is underperforming it's much harder for anyone to be scoring tries.

Nofo would have over 100 now if he played his career with Storm and Alex Johnston would have about 8 playing for us this year.

@gnr4life said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1419742) said:

Nofo will

You could add Tuiaki to the list too. He managed 42 in 78 games but was cut down in his prime.

And looking at the other clubs, there are not that many players who do crack the ton. There have only been 49 people in the entire history of the competition, (according to https://afltables.com/rl which is sometimes a bit slow on data). Below is the list by team, showing the number with 100 or more, and the best for each team:
* Souths: 6 (Nathan Merritt 146)
* St George: 6 (Johnny King 143)
======================================================
* Brisbane: 5 (Steve Renauf 142)
* Sydney: 4 (Anthony Minichiello 139)
* St George Illawarra: 4 (Matt Cooper 124)
* Manly: 3 (Brett Stewart 163)
* Canterbury: 3 (Hazem El Masri 159)
* Canberra: 3 (Jarrod Croker 133)
* Parramatta: 3 (Luke Burt 124)
* Penrith: 3 (Rhys Wesser 113)
* Melbourne: 2 (Billy Slater 190)
* Cronulla: 2 (Andrew Ettingshausen 165)
* Norths: 1 (Ken Irvine 171)
* New Zealand: 1 (Manu Vatuvei 152)
* Nth QLD: 1 (Matthew Bowen 130)
* Newcastle: 1 (Akuila Uate 110)
* Newtown: 1 (Ray Preston 108)
* **Balmain Tigers: 0 (Arthur Patton 95)**
* **Wests Tigers: 0 (David Nofoaluma 86)**
* Gold Coast: 0 (Anthony Don 85)
* **Wests Magpies: 0 (Peter Dimond 84)**
* Illawarra: 0 (Rod Wishart 68)

Here is a look at the scoring rates for all our players who have scored over 40 tries (bad luck, Heighington...).

![f88e8f10-d9cd-4ad1-8697-5fc0031d8454-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1626678396843-f88e8f10-d9cd-4ad1-8697-5fc0031d8454-image.png)

Things I noted from this:

* Nofo had a relatively slow scoring rate in his first 100 or so games, but has accelerated since then.
* Lawrence would have smashed the hundred barrier if not for injury.
* Likewise, Tuiaki would have achieved much larger numbers if he had played a full career.
* Richards would have probably got past 100 if he had stayed with us.
* It is worth noting that Farah holds the NRL record for most tries by a hooker.

‘Why can’t I have my say?’ Nofoaluma still considers himself leader
By Christian Nicolussi
July 19, 2021 — 6.32pm

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma says he sacked himself from the club’s leadership group after he turned up to training hung-over but still considers himself one of the senior players driving the overdue finals charge.

Nofoaluma also has no regrets about sticking up for himself on social media when a disgruntled fan questioned his defence, which included taking a pot-shot at teammate Moses Mbye.

A day after his try-scoring double against the Broncos made him the top Tigers tryscorer of all time ahead of club legend Chris Lawrence, Nofoaluma told the Herald how disappointed he was with himself for being too hung-over to train after he attended the wedding of chairman Lee Hagipantelis’ daughter earlier this year.

“Yes, I went to the wedding, but I didn’t get booted off the leadership group, I stood up in front of the team and stood myself down,” Nofoaluma said.

“That’s how it went down. I apologised to my teammates.

“I wasn’t 100 per cent that morning. I’m never normally like that.

“I accepted what happened and I moved on. I’m still a leader in my eyes. There’s no bigger issue there with myself and ‘Madge’ [coach Michael Maguire].

“I just want to enjoy my footy and get wins. All I can do now is try to lead by example.”

The Herald revealed last week how Nofoaluma, who is the club’s longest-serving player, was no longer in the leadership group that now consists of skipper James Tamou, Luke Brooks, Alex Twal and Adam Doueihi.

After the South Sydney hammering a fortnight ago, Maguire took aim at the performance of his players, and Nofoaluma later took aim at some fans who questioned his defence.

“If fans want to have their say, why can’t I have my say? It was something I spoke about in the heat of the moment and I was frustrated. It’s a frustrating time when you’re losing,” Nofoaluma said.

“My form has been up and down, but overall I think I’ve been fairly decent.”

Nofoaluma said spirits were certainly high after their come-from-behind win over the Broncos where he bagged a double, including an excellent second try where he reacted quickly to a Broncos error.

One of the first people to congratulate Nofoaluma on his milestone was Lawrence, the previous record-holder with 84 tries.

The Tigers meet the Bulldogs twice, the Cowboys, Warriors and eighth-placed Sharks in the final seven rounds but on Saturday play Manly and their returning fullback Tom Trbojevic, the best player “by far” according to Nofoaluma.

The return of Doueihi to five-eighth worked a treat, and Nofoaluma said the side performed better with their Lebanese international in the halves rather than at right centre.

@willow said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1420989) said:
By Christian Nicolussi
July 19, 2021 — 6.32pm

Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma says he sacked himself from the club’s leadership group after he turned up to training hung-over but still considers himself one of the senior players driving the overdue finals charge.

Nofoaluma also has no regrets about sticking up for himself on social media when a disgruntled fan questioned his defence, which included taking a pot-shot at teammate Moses Mbye.

A day after his try-scoring double against the Broncos made him the top Tigers tryscorer of all time ahead of club legend Chris Lawrence, Nofoaluma told the Herald how disappointed he was with himself for being too hung-over to train after he attended the wedding of chairman Lee Hagipantelis’ daughter earlier this year.

“Yes, I went to the wedding, but I didn’t get booted off the leadership group, I stood up in front of the team and stood myself down,” Nofoaluma said.

“I accepted what happened and I moved on. I’m still a leader in my eyes. There’s no bigger issue there with myself and ‘Madge’ [coach Michael Maguire].

“I just want to enjoy my footy and get wins. All I can do now is try to lead by example.”

The Herald revealed last week how Nofoaluma, who is the club’s longest-serving player, was no longer in the leadership group that now consists of skipper James Tamou, Luke Brooks, Alex Twal and Adam Doueihi.

After the South Sydney hammering a fortnight ago, Maguire took aim at the performance of his players, and Nofoaluma later took aim at some fans who questioned his defence.

“If fans want to have their say, why can’t I have my say? It was something I spoke about in the heat of the moment and I was frustrated. It’s a frustrating time when you’re losing,” Nofoaluma said.

Nofoaluma said spirits were certainly high after their come-from-behind win over the Broncos where he bagged a double, including an excellent second try where he reacted quickly to a Broncos error.

One of the first people to congratulate Nofoaluma on his milestone was Lawrence, the previous record-holder with 84 tries.

The Tigers meet the Bulldogs twice, the Cowboys, Warriors and eighth-placed Sharks in the final seven rounds but on Saturday play Manly and their returning fullback Tom Trbojevic, the best player “by far” according to Nofoaluma.

The return of Doueihi to five-eighth worked a treat, and Nofoaluma said the side performed better with their Lebanese international in the halves rather than at right centre.

More than welcome to take a shot at us Nofa .....but like most shots you try and put on ...you'll probably miss ....and then you can blame someone or somethign else ...

By Christian Nicolussi
July 19, 2021 — 6.32pm

Here's a tip. Stay off social media.

By Christian Nicolussi
July 19, 2021 — 6.32pm

said the saying last night say it again very appropriate

If brains were dynamite he wouldn't even have enough to blow his ears off

By Christian Nicolussi
July 19, 2021 — 6.32pm

Which other NRL player publicly comments on their own form, team-selection, defensive tactics etc.???

He’s 27 and acts like an 18 year old just out of high school who’s never been media trained.

No wonder he can't read defence he is deadset clueless always blaming others

Latest posts

Staff online

Back