Nofoaluma..

Geo

Staff member
Forum Leader
Who'd of thought after all these years David is actually a left winger..defensively solid ..took an intercept ..saved a TRY or 2..

The kick back inside for Laurie's TRY was special..

Once again biggest thing was effort. Last week he didn't jump for kicks and was running sideways this week attacked the footy constantly and ran straight and hard. Back to his best yesterday!

@geo said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340703) said:
Who'd of thought after all these years David is actually a left winger..defensively solid ..took an intercept ..saved a TRY or 2..

‘‘Twas the new bowl haircut 💇‍♂️

Maguire the coach... :smile:

I think the fact that he was swapped to the other side brought that on, not that he's a better Left winger. I don't think he'd be able to ice some of the tries like he does on the right if he's on the left.

Either way, his best game of the year and he's on notice.

@tig_prmz said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340761) said:
I think the fact that he was swapped to the other side brought that on, not that he's a better Left winger. I don't think he'd be able to ice some of the tries like he does on the right if he's on the left.

The Forum is watching and is a harsh critic ...:wink: :wink:

He had a red hot go last night, as did all the players I thought. Just one or two crucial moments which hurt - Doueihi running out of the line which opened up a massive hole for Souths first try, Joe O trying to come out of the line on Burgess in Golden Point...

It's frustrating when they put so much effort in. When the bounce of the ball doesn't go your way and the ref pings you with 6 agains, you've got to make sure everything else is spot on.

@tiger_heart said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340835) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340761) said:

The Forum is watching and is a harsh critic ...:wink: :wink:

I would say in this case - harsh but fair.

@willow said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340838) said:
He had a red hot go last night, as did all the players I thought. Just one or two crucial moments which hurt - Doueihi running out of the line which opened up a massive hole for Souths first try, Joe O trying to come out of the line on Burgess in Golden Point...

It's frustrating when they put so much effort in. When the bounce of the ball doesn't go your way and the ref pings you with 6 agains, you've got to make sure everything else is spot on.

Very Frustrating indeed.... As a Player they would also hear all game the ref calling Souths players offside with NO 6 again calls to us for it.. You would have to feel like its a uphill battle

@hsvjones said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340851) said:

Very Frustrating indeed.... As a Player they would also hear all game the ref calling Souths players offside with NO 6 again calls to us for it.. You would have to feel like its a uphill battle

Also frustrating as a fan hearing the ref calling out south’s players for being inside the ten, then we get pinged for it, favouritism at its best

@member850 said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340866) said:

Also frustrating as a fan hearing the ref calling out south’s players for being inside the ten, then we get pinged for it, favouritism at its best

Does my head in ?

I still think he looked lost on the left. I'm sure it was a strategic selection by Madge and I'm happy with that but not sure if it's long term.

He played well but clearly doesn't have a left foot - that kick for the try, whilst pinpoint, looked pretty awkward.

As much as people bag him for his defence he and Lucy were the only ones there to tackle Burgess on the golden point play - a winger trying to make a last ditch tackle under the posts shows a lot of intent.

@hobbo1 said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340705) said:

‘‘Twas the new bowl haircut ?‍♂️

Very Roman I thought.

@jirskyr said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1341552) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340705) said:

‘‘Twas the new bowl haircut ?‍♂️

Very Roman I thought.

I was thinking more Norman Gunston

Nofo had a great game against souths I think moving away from Roberts has helped defence as we didn't have the usual Nofo bad defensive reads

@member850 said in [Nofoaluma\.\.](/post/1340866) said:

This is where our captain needs to complain to the ref. Our captains are way too passive.

Congrats NofZilla

becomes the all-time leading try-scorer in Wests Tigers history

![217351115_10159787522811514_5802405404737058755_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626604313669-217351115_10159787522811514_5802405404737058755_n.jpg)

![Screenshot_20210719-081725_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626646684416-screenshot_20210719-081725_instagram.jpg)

New wallpaper for the Nofo fans.
🙌

Anyone else find it depressing that we've had lifers at this club since it's inception and no one has managed to crack 100 tries in their time at Wests?

Back