Most skilful player / GOAT debate

Oh my mistake.....you continue to discuss a three game competition and Ill discuss how the greatest RL player of all time dominated the toughest competition in the world for 30 weeks a year, every year.....
I don’t care mate. I’m not that invested in this debate.

Oh my mistake.....you continue to discuss a three game competition and Ill discuss how the greatest RL player of all time dominated the toughest competition in the world for 30 weeks a year, every year.....
Yeah, Wally didn't play for the Broncos or win anything of note. SOO or internationals are full of duds and don't count for anything.

Yeah, Wally didn't play for the Broncos or win anything of note. SOO or internationals are full of duds and don't count for anything.

Of course SoO counts and I would agree Wally dominated more than Johns did at SoO but people make out that Johns did nothing at SoO.

At SoO
Johns Lewis

Played 23 30
Pts 94 46
Win % 56.25 61

Both had a better than 50% winning average and there isn t much between them.

But Johns completely dominated at club level, week in week out over his entire career.

Club level
Johns Lewis
Dally M halfback (or 5/8) of the year 4 1
Dally M Player of the year 3 0
Golden Boot 2 1
Provan Summons Medal 5 0
Clive Churchill Medal 1 0

Last edited:
There’s some footage out there of Joey’s first game for Warrington. Worth a watch. He wins them the ball back off their own kick off (trick play) then throws a peach of a ball off the scrum, Warrington score before a tackle is affected in the game. Absolute freak.
I saw this on. Insta a few days back... He was unbelievae at times.... Bought his video for my son when he was playing... Even I could do a banana kick.into.the I goal after watching it

I laugh when people think Wally or whoever is the best player ever. It’s clearly Joey imo. He did EVERYTHING
You have to dominate at every level to be the best.
Joey wasn’t even NSW best halfback for a large part of his career. As for Test footy…he wouldn’t make our top 20.

I took the liberty to highlight the part where you made a fool of yourself.
Try and be better…
You would think the GOAT would have to do something in finals and grand finals, you know, the most important games in players lives. Wally was wasting away in Qcup.

You would think the GOAT would have to do something in finals and grand finals, you know, the most important games in players lives. Wally was wasting away in Qcup.
I don’t think Wally is the GOAT.
Cameron Smith is and Darren Lockyer is second.

Back