Lachlan Galvin #277

All of my hopes and dreams are pinned on Lachlan Galvin. Without him in the team I cannot sleep at night. I will not be able to return to sanity until his suspension is over. The next Wally Lewis.
I was struggling with sleep before Gal, how do ya reckon I’m going now. 👀

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
There is a very clear pathway for Galvin and enormous opportunities in an improving team
His performances have surprised most,so we need to ensure his $$$are aligned with his contribution
To fund that,we've gotta let most of the runners up go....not gr8 news for Bud,Douhi and maybe latu
Can't keep em all,but he's the one who is critical
There’s no need for us jump the gun, there’s plenty of time. We are only a handful of games into thier first grade career. Let’s see midway next year.
Douhie must go asap.

I'm amazed any parent allows their young son to sign with this piece of shit.

As long as Galvin is here there will be speculation around him created by this grub. Its unfair on Lachlan, unfair on the club and unfair on us supporters. The only one who benefits from how he operates is himself. Yea he makes money for his player, but he doesnt have the long term best interest of the player in mind. The best thing Galvin could do is axe the nob. His footy will do it all for him, he doesn't need Moses. Think what you want about Anasta but I'd love for him to manage Lachlan.
Agree 💯 king_sirro.
He's a typical super salesman along with car sales dudes and real estate agents by the sound of things.
Fills your head with so much b/s until it spins, and if you don't get a 2nd opinion he'll take your last $$$ with a smile on his face while he's doing it.
It's a wonder WTs don't have a list of good agents they can 'suggest' to young players with a load of potential like Galvin, but obviously leaving the final decision to the player and their family.

Maybe Richo knows a trustworthy player manager...
I reckon Richo's son would be a very trustworthy player manager along with Braith Anasta as another poster suggested recently.
But let's not forget these p/m's are in business to make a living for themselves 1st.

I can understand that, it's the disruptive way in which he feeds journos about players wanting to break contracts that is the problem. That is not a good look for his clients at all and causes it's own issues. It can lead to fans turning on a player for no reason, but he doesn't care.
💯 again king_sirro.
Some of these blokes are ruthless and really don't give a :poop: as long as they get what they want THEN what they think their client can be forced into accepting.

Six months ago Lachlan Galvin wanted out of the Tigers, now the rookie is rallying club’s best teens to commit long-term​

Lachlan Galvin has gone from wanting to leave the Wests Tigers six months ago to rallying the club’s best rookies to stick with the joint venture long-term.
https://archive.md/o/rYcwD/https://twitter.com/FatimaKdouh_
Boom rookie Lachlan Galvin has revealed the motivation behind his Wests Tigers contract backflip, as coach Benji Marshall opened up on the “daily battle” he faces with the teen sensation.

Galvin said he is determined to help his Harold Matthews title-winning teammates build a dynasty that can one day rival Penrith for homegrown NRL domination.

Galvin’s management had requested a contract release, on three separate occasions, citing fears over the club’s aggressive recruitment strategy in the halves.

There were concerns within the Galvin camp that the additions of Jayden Sullivan, Aidan Sezer, Latu Fainu and Jarome Luai would block the youngster’s path to a halves spot in the NRL.

But Galvin now not only wants to see out the remaining two years on his deal, but become a one-club player.

“One hundred per cent, with Benji here I can see myself also being here for a long time,” Galvin said.

“The confidence Benji has put in me and how much he makes me love turning up to training and playing for the Tigers, yeah absolutely I can see myself being here long term.”

Rookie fullback Lachlan Galvin wants to build a Tigers dynasty. Picture: Matt King/Getty Images

Rookie fullback Lachlan Galvin wants to build a Tigers dynasty. Picture: Matt King/Getty Images

The last meeting between Galvin’s management and the club took place in February, where assurances were made about his path into the NRL side.

Marshall blooded the local junior in the Tigers’ season opener and this week doubled down on his commitment to Galvin, who is now the front runner to partner Luai in the halves in 2025.

“In my plans, he is a big part of our future moving forward. Someone that I can see playing the game for the next 20 years, with Lachlan, he’s just a great kid that stuff externally will take of itself with his management,” Marshall said.

“We love that he wants to be here, he’s a big part of what we do and he’s a big part of how we want to shape the next 10 years at our club.”

Galvin was part of the Harold Matthews (under 17s) outfit that won the title for Western Suburbs Magpies in 2022.

He is now one of three players from that side, including hooker Tallyn Da Silva and forward Kit Laulilii, to make their NRL debut since.

Galvin wants as many of his Harold Matthews teammates to commit to the club in a bid to build a dynasty at the Tigers, in a similar fashion to Penrith’s premiership success that came on the back of its local juniors.

Wests Magpies Kit Laulilii, Tallyn Da Silva, Jeremiah Leatigaga, Jordan Miller, Lachlan Galvin, James Folaumoetui in 2022. Picture: Richard Dobson

Wests Magpies Kit Laulilii, Tallyn Da Silva, Jeremiah Leatigaga, Jordan Miller, Lachlan Galvin, James Folaumoetui in 2022. Picture: Richard Dobson

“Yeah, 100 per cent it’s something we have spoken about. All us younger boys, even the ones that aren’t there yet at the NRL, hopefully soon there are more of us, want to stay here,” Galvin said.

“We can build the NRL squad around us and in a few years we are all playing together. Penrith’s local junior helped them win three premierships. I know all of us Campbelltown juniors want to be a part of something bigger like that and we’ll be doing our best to do that for the Tigers.”

The likes of five-eighth Heath Mason and prop Jordan Miller, who is signed until the end of 2026, are also highly rated as future NRL prospects. Mason will be handed a development deal in 2025 but is currently sidelined for the next eight weeks with a hand injury.

But Tigers fans won’t be forced to wait to see the club’s best rising talent at NRL level.

“Honestly, I’m not afraid to put in kids that have never played as long as they have earned it,” Marshall said.

“I feel like if they are good enough, they are old enough. If they are a local junior, even better for us.

“We are putting an investment in our players coming through instead of trying to recruit every player let’s try and develop them.”

While Marshall had no qualms in selecting Galvin in round two, the job of developing the young playmaker during this crucial point of his NRL career is a daily battle for the rookie coach.

TallynDa Silva. Picture: Warren Gannon Photography

Tallyn Da Silva. Picture: Warren Gannon Photography

“The temptation to not take away his natural instincts is a thing I have to battle with daily,” Marshall said.

“When you watch him train, there are things he does that other players don’t do because they are so hung up on block plays or a process they have in their head that has been drilled into them. Where Lachlan sees it and plays.

“You can’t teach that but you can take it away.

“I try my hardest not to tell him, he has to do ‘this, this, and this’.”

“I try and fill him up with confidence and give him permission before every game, you can do what you like on the field.”

Part of that development included sitting Galvin, who is serving a two-match ban for a hip drop tackle, in the coach’s box last weekend against the Dolphins.

“You’d never know he’s only 18. We decided to take him to Redcliffe last week. When I was out injured I learned a lot about the game from the coach’s box … what the coach’s want, the messages they send out at what parts of the game,” Marshall said.

“We had Lachlan in the box on the weekend to understand what we are looking for. He’s a great leaner and nothing is ever a drama for him.”

I watched him closely in both the Penrith and Broncos games. Up against the two toughest teams in the comp at the moment he held his own. Still has things to work on such as fading out of the game when Fainu was sin binned. Overall though he is trying hard. Some of the shapes he ran caused overlaps to occur.

And he is making all of his tackles. Still only missed something like 3 tackles across 4 games. Absolutely outrageous for a half.

I watched him closely in both the Penrith and Broncos games. Up against the two toughest teams in the comp at the moment he held his own. Still has things to work on such as fading out of the game when Fainu was sin binned. Overall though he is trying hard. Some of the shapes he ran caused overlaps to occur.

And he is making all of his tackles. Still only missed something like 3 tackles across 4 games. Absolutely outrageous for a half.
Yep he definitely ain't one of the issues this team is having at the moment...

Yep he definitely ain't one of the issues this team is having at the moment...
He’s shown his running game is a real strength so we need to unlock that. I’d be looking to use Olam in the middle a bit more. Maybe after a Stef hit up. When he gets a couple of faster PTB’s that’s his cue to go at the line. If he sucks in defenders then it opens things up for our back five.

Six months ago Lachlan Galvin wanted out of the Tigers, now the rookie is rallying club’s best teens to commit long-term​

Lachlan Galvin has gone from wanting to leave the Wests Tigers six months ago to rallying the club’s best rookies to stick with the joint venture long-term.
https://archive.md/o/rYcwD/https://twitter.com/FatimaKdouh_
Boom rookie Lachlan Galvin has revealed the motivation behind his Wests Tigers contract backflip, as coach Benji Marshall opened up on the “daily battle” he faces with the teen sensation.

Galvin said he is determined to help his Harold Matthews title-winning teammates build a dynasty that can one day rival Penrith for homegrown NRL domination.

Galvin’s management had requested a contract release, on three separate occasions, citing fears over the club’s aggressive recruitment strategy in the halves.

There were concerns within the Galvin camp that the additions of Jayden Sullivan, Aidan Sezer, Latu Fainu and Jarome Luai would block the youngster’s path to a halves spot in the NRL.

But Galvin now not only wants to see out the remaining two years on his deal, but become a one-club player.

“One hundred per cent, with Benji here I can see myself also being here for a long time,” Galvin said.

“The confidence Benji has put in me and how much he makes me love turning up to training and playing for the Tigers, yeah absolutely I can see myself being here long term.”

The last meeting between Galvin’s management and the club took place in February, where assurances were made about his path into the NRL side.

Marshall blooded the local junior in the Tigers’ season opener and this week doubled down on his commitment to Galvin, who is now the front runner to partner Luai in the halves in 2025.

“In my plans, he is a big part of our future moving forward. Someone that I can see playing the game for the next 20 years, with Lachlan, he’s just a great kid that stuff externally will take of itself with his management,” Marshall said.

“We love that he wants to be here, he’s a big part of what we do and he’s a big part of how we want to shape the next 10 years at our club.”

Galvin was part of the Harold Matthews (under 17s) outfit that won the title for Western Suburbs Magpies in 2022.

He is now one of three players from that side, including hooker Tallyn Da Silva and forward Kit Laulilii, to make their NRL debut since.

Galvin wants as many of his Harold Matthews teammates to commit to the club in a bid to build a dynasty at the Tigers, in a similar fashion to Penrith’s premiership success that came on the back of its local juniors.

“Yeah, 100 per cent it’s something we have spoken about. All us younger boys, even the ones that aren’t there yet at the NRL, hopefully soon there are more of us, want to stay here,” Galvin said.

“We can build the NRL squad around us and in a few years we are all playing together. Penrith’s local junior helped them win three premierships. I know all of us Campbelltown juniors want to be a part of something bigger like that and we’ll be doing our best to do that for the Tigers.”

The likes of five-eighth Heath Mason and prop Jordan Miller, who is signed until the end of 2026, are also highly rated as future NRL prospects. Mason will be handed a development deal in 2025 but is currently sidelined for the next eight weeks with a hand injury.

But Tigers fans won’t be forced to wait to see the club’s best rising talent at NRL level.

“Honestly, I’m not afraid to put in kids that have never played as long as they have earned it,” Marshall said.

“I feel like if they are good enough, they are old enough. If they are a local junior, even better for us.

“We are putting an investment in our players coming through instead of trying to recruit every player let’s try and develop them.”

While Marshall had no qualms in selecting Galvin in round two, the job of developing the young playmaker during this crucial point of his NRL career is a daily battle for the rookie coach.

TallynDa Silva. Picture: Warren Gannon Photography

Tallyn Da Silva. Picture: Warren Gannon Photography

“The temptation to not take away his natural instincts is a thing I have to battle with daily,” Marshall said.

“When you watch him train, there are things he does that other players don’t do because they are so hung up on block plays or a process they have in their head that has been drilled into them. Where Lachlan sees it and plays.

“You can’t teach that but you can take it away.

“I try my hardest not to tell him, he has to do ‘this, this, and this’.”

“I try and fill him up with confidence and give him permission before every game, you can do what you like on the field.”

Part of that development included sitting Galvin, who is serving a two-match ban for a hip drop tackle, in the coach’s box last weekend against the Dolphins.

“You’d never know he’s only 18. We decided to take him to Redcliffe last week. When I was out injured I learned a lot about the game from the coach’s box … what the coach’s want, the messages they send out at what parts of the game,” Marshall said.

“We had Lachlan in the box on the weekend to understand what we are looking for. He’s a great leaner and nothing is ever a drama for him.”
I hope he does stay on and extend for 3 more years , make his deal 5 years , and as he clearly says there a few boys looking to stay together like Mason and Kitt that’s also pleasing , I think the presence of being in the coaches box would be a big booster for the young guys , maybe Benji should have 1 each week specially on an away trip if it can be done to not interrupt the young players game , make them all feel wanted and get them learning early of what goes on , make them feel important , it will bring the best out of them

^ That’s not fully true.
He is one of our playmakers and we are not scoring nearly enough points.
In Fairness we scored when he played his 1st 2 games and the last 2 have been against the 2 grand finalist from last year with a top line squad and they don't let many points in anyway.

Let's see how he goes over the next 4 weeks with different opposition.

The nuffies surrounding him doesn't help that situation....
Are they all nuffies?
Don’t get me wrong, the kid has a lot of upside. He is fearless, energetic, composed, has self belief, has a great short attacking kick and is a good defender.
I want to see how Fainu goes as well. Give the kids a run against the Dogs.

In Fairness we scored when he played his 1st 2 games and the last 2 have been against the 2 grand finalist from last year with a top line squad and they don't let many points in anyway.

Let's see how he goes over the next 4 weeks with different opposition.
There is some truth to this that I do not dispute.
The attack v Canberra was shocking.
We got it very right v Sharkies and I don’t think many can explain how.
The attack v Parra was ok considering the lack of ball we had.
The attack v Penrith was poor and they did offer many opportunities
The attack v Broncs was poor and we had a lot of possession.
That’s a tough baptism.

Latest posts

Back