Lachlan Galvin #277

yea, and even just winning semi regularly.

We saw how 4 halves in Hastings/Crossland/gamble/etc all were hanging around Newcastle. Ofcourse the Andrew Johns factor helped... They wanted to play and wanted to play together.

Yet I look at both Galvin and Fainu, they are going to want real coin. Sullivan too is probably wanting more then his 500k, but maybe he would he happy being a backup half if the playing group is really good.

How we keep Fainu and Galvin is the big question. Unless one moves to lock, we will likely loose one.
We have to be proactive and move on Sullivan next year IMO. We need him this year but next year he's surplus and still has 3 years to go.

It's definitely going to be tricky keeping Fainu and Galvin happy. We have to find a way to fit them both in, they're too good not to.

Galvin could play lock or second row in a year or 2, but will he be as effective there? Fainu I can't see playing many other positions other than 6.

We've seen how good Galvin is in first grade, we haven't seen Fainu yet. Even this week, I don't think he's fully fit. We'll know a lot more by the end of the season.

What has gone unnoticed is the combination of Bateman, Olam and Tupou on Galvins side particularly in defence. Smart coaching by Benji. Weaker defenders are with Sezar who’s a grizzled warrior.
Galvin’s defense has been superb relative to his experience, only missed 1 tackle I think? In 3 games. He does need to improve his technique though. Been pinged for a couple of head tackles. The hip drop rest has probably come at a good time for him.

mate call you.on that one, I never said that so bs from you there...

Stefano hasn't resigned here yet so I may not be wrong there

sad thing is if I'm right re Galvin. time will tell really hope i am wrong.
Lets not forget all you negative doomsdayers.........the incumbent club gets the last bid for retention of all these players going to other clubs! You do recall that of cause.
You are only stating the bleeding obvious with all upgrades for players that come into play as if know one else knew it would happen!
Just put faith that the club can negotiate through these standard arrangements to put realistic values on players, our need to retain within the cap restraints and retain the ones we really want.
Penrith, Storm lose top players every year.
We just need to have top juniors in the pipeline to be called upon as some players get poached.

We are four weeks into a season and people are calling for Sullivan to be moved on at seasons end. We could have two career ending injuries in the halves, Luia could do a knee. It’s way to early to be making calls on moving players on.

Yes I agree on paper it would appear we are top heavy in the half dept for 2025, but let’s get through the season first

Lets not forget all you negative doomsdayers.........the incumbent club gets the last bid for retention of all these players going to other clubs! You do recall that of cause.
You are only stating the bleeding obvious with all upgrades for players that come into play as if know one else knew it would happen!
Just put faith that the club can negotiate through these standard arrangements to put realistic values on players, our need to retain within the cap restraints and retain the ones we really want.
Penrith, Storm lose top players every year.
We just need to have top juniors in the pipeline to be called upon as some players get poached.
if you are off contract you.can go wherever you want, all this rubbish about incumbent club gets last offer... seriously
I mentioned it last week as I had heard Moses had made waves already and low and behold reported yesterday.

Urgh…Moses…here we f**ken go again

I'm amazed any parent allows their young son to sign with this piece of shit.

As long as Galvin is here there will be speculation around him created by this grub. Its unfair on Lachlan, unfair on the club and unfair on us supporters. The only one who benefits from how he operates is himself. Yea he makes money for his player, but he doesnt have the long term best interest of the player in mind. The best thing Galvin could do is axe the nob. His footy will do it all for him, he doesn't need Moses. Think what you want about Anasta but I'd love for him to manage Lachlan.

I'm amazed any parent allows their young son to sign with this piece of shit.

As long as Galvin is here there will be speculation around him created by this grub. Its unfair on Lachlan, unfair on the club and unfair on us supporters. The only one who benefits from how he operates is himself. Yea he makes money for his player, but he doesnt have the long term best interest of the player in mind. The best thing Galvin could do is axe the nob. His footy will do it all for him, he doesn't need Moses. Think what you want about Anasta but I'd love for him to manage Lachlan.
Alex Conti has gone from Balmain to the Bulldogs halves academy, probably a good move for the 17yo. Ilia’s has been dropped and Munster re-signed with Storm knocking back higher offers.

I don’t wanna put high expectations on him and I’m not saying he’s the next DCE.

BUT, Galvin’s first couple of games in his rookie season is giving me heavy flashbacks of DCE in his rookie season at Manly where he won rookie of the year as they both share that same confidence and composure at such a young age but also are breaking the game open with there kicking and running game. It’s phenomenal to witness what Galvin is doing at such a young age.

The scary thing is I still think Latu is better with slightly more ability and when he’s unleashed….. well we’re gonna have a headache on our hands.
Daly was also 22 when he debuted...

Imagine Galvin in another 4 years.

We are four weeks into a season and people are calling for Sullivan to be moved on at seasons end. We could have two career ending injuries in the halves, Luia could do a knee. It’s way to early to be making calls on moving players on.

Yes I agree on paper it would appear we are top heavy in the half dept for 2025, but let’s get through the season first
You have a point of course, but if offloading Bud is the smart move, as I believe it is, you don't wait until the end of the season to start having those conversations, you have them as soon as possible.

Dragons, Titans and Dogs all possibly in the hunt for halves. Bud still offers value for those clubs in a position of need. If you can shoehorn an outside back out of those squads for next season with Bud going the other way, thats a conversation you want be having in May, not November in my opinion.

A lot of jumping at shadows re Galvin and Moses. We don't have a clueless CEO in charge anymore and he is under contract for a few more years. Wasn't the previous issue that Sheens was sacked which upset the family?

Pretty sure they will be feeling more comfortable with how things are going now than what they were then.

So what are you saying?
what I mean to say is, there is nothing wrong with an agent promoting their clients. Talented players are like pieces of art, you don’t know how much you want them until someone else wants them. Moses may be dislinked by some fans, but it’s not his job to make them happy, that’s a job for Ronald McDonald.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Back