Justin Olam #281

With the way he plays the game, injuries or suspensions are inevitable, if he on the field and healthy for 75% of the season or better then I would say we are doing okay.

Biggest problem is who takes his spot when he's not on the field?
As opposed to last year most positions we have close to NRL standard back ups. Backrow we are thin, but centre we have Naden, Tao

With the way he plays the game, injuries or suspensions are inevitable, if he on the field and healthy for 75% of the season or better then I would say we are doing okay.

Biggest problem is who takes his spot when he's not on the field?
True and Naden has similar issues, along with Greg Bird, Kieran Foran and many others.

We want players to be gritty and get involved. They are going to get injured.
We need to suck it up.

We can't have it both ways, We want hard tackles and tough runs. Players are going to get injured from that contact. So lets get our injury management right, which has been rather poor.

Olam, keep hitting hard.

As opposed to last year most positions we have close to NRL standard back ups. Backrow we are thin, but centre we have Naden, Tao
Have you seen the last 2 games?

It's clear that one difference between last year and this year is that we have a top shelf Center in Olam!

Were not striking from the wing, were going through the middle with Olam, Bula and an occasional forward making the difference.

Naden and Tao are fine for Depth. Clearly what we have been missing is quality!

We haven't had a NRL standard Back row!
It isn't the 18-30 it's the 2-5. Spend the cap on the guys who take the field and then let juniors push for depth positions.

Have you seen the last 2 games?

It's clear that one difference between last year and this year is that we have a top shelf Center in Olam!

Were not striking from the wing, were going through the middle with Olam, Bula and an occasional forward making the difference.

Naden and Tao are fine for Depth. Clearly what we have been missing is quality!

We haven't had a NRL standard Back row!
It isn't the 18-30 it's the 2-5. Spend the cap on the guys who take the field and then let juniors push for depth positions.
Agreed but my point is for the first time in yonks we have some depth that could do a job if required, maybe not as good as the incumbent players, but better than in the past

True and Naden has similar issues, along with Greg Bird, Kieran Foran and many others.

We want players to be gritty and get involved. They are going to get injured.
We need to suck it up.

We can't have it both ways, We want hard tackles and tough runs. Players are going to get injured from that contact. So lets get our injury management right, which has been rather poor.

Olam, keep hitting hard.
Great post CC and my thoughts exactly

Olam, We love you and you are an absolute Gun of a center.

That said, what's with this haircut bro?
1713586249326.png
Stuff it, you score today all is forgiven mate.

(ok if you score, it ain't because of that Haircut!)

Didn't run with the same venom today... He had the little. Benji hop just before the line... That's not his go
He had a couple of strong charges early. That’s where our other outside backs need to feed off the momentum and do similar. Alas old Stainesy boy gets dragged back the same amount of metres that Olam goes forward and then flipper hands number 2 spills all his lollies. Game set match.

Felt sorry for Olam today as all they tried was for him to be the hit up man.
Kept going to Samuela or Ice when close to the goal line, same as the past few weeks.

Should've been hitting the gap with Olam.
He's likely every time but has been ignored.

Not sure of the logic behind this, but needs to be added to the arsenal when attacking.

Kept going to Samuela or Ice when close to the goal line, same as the past few weeks.

Not sure of the logic behind this, but needs to be added to the arsenal when attacking.
I think the stunted shift passing took the timing away

Olam. Should focus on his strengths.
I think the stunted shift passing took the timing away
He's not the only one who is stunted...

Yes, and mix it up.

Olam can cross the line. He can also give a good pass to his wing.

We need to make the defense Guess at what we will do next. Throw to your Samuela or Ice one time, then Olam next.. Have Olam run it, or pass it.

Benji should know this, he was outstanding at confusing defenders in their ability to read what happens next.

Not a shot at Twal,
But he is still getting the ball for a 'settler' on the 3/4th in the Red Zone!!
It's driving me nuts!!

He's either too stupid to see it's not working, Or it's coached into the team...
I'm starting to think it's the latter.

Reminds me of Heigno's dumb runs to the the middle defenders from 15yrs ago,
a coaching ploy that basically plateaued his career here....

Even Ennis stopped dribbling about the dummy halves yesterday long enough to call it out.

Members online

Back